Windows 10: STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI

Discus and support STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since several months I struggle with this problem. I have already tried to get the latest driver, but when doing so Windows tells me I have already the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thierry Van Driessche, Aug 13, 2018.

1. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI

Since several months I struggle with this problem. I have already tried to get the latest driver, but when doing so Windows tells me I have already the latest one. When removing the driver, after rebooting things looks OK, but when starting over the next day, the problems come back.

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI 6652c40a-09b6-410f-86f9-17aca2e1bb04?upload=true.jpg

Any help appreciated. Thanks a lot,

Thierry

:)

Thierry Van Driessche, Aug 13, 2018

2. Problem with MEI and SSD

Good day,

I have problem with SSD and MEI. I see a connection between MEI and speed SSD and the freezing of the system. I have the Intel Managment Engine Interface (MEI or IMEI) yellow triangle and Code 10 STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried update and downgrade drivers
    MEI. Version 9.5 not install, and many versions 11.xx have problem with code 10. Windows is install on SSD, but boot Windows is very very slow. When in Safe Mode, I uninstall the driver MEI, the system boots up in seconds. After each run, but the driver installs
    back, although I have the option to automatically install the drivers banned. Where is the problem? Thanks.

Windows 10, 64bit

intel i7 4790k

Nvidia GTX 660 Ti

Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER

Kingston HyperX FURY SSD 120GB

WD Black 3TB (WD3003FZEX-00Z4S)

DanielHloušek, Aug 13, 2018
  3. DiegoTrd Win User
    Intel Management Engine Interface -This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hi Martin,

I followed the steps you mentioned, but the Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager, continue to have an exclamation sign.

And in Device Status continue to appear:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

The laptop is a MSI GT80 2QE Titan SLI. In their webpage (Support For GT80 2QE Titan SLI | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider | MSI Global 64), they put version 11.0.0.1146 as the driver for
    Intel Management Engine for Windows 10 64bit, I downloaded, but was not able to install it.

Right now it has version 11.0.5.1189.

What else could I try?

Thanks

DiegoTrd, Aug 13, 2018
  4. DiegoTrd Win User

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI

Intel Management Engine Interface -This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Hi Martin,

I followed those steps, now it says "The best drivers for your device are already installed"

I also runned the troubleshooter from the link (https://support.microsoft.)

But it "fix" the problem, then restart the computer. But the problem still persist.

I runned it various times.

The Intel Management Engine Interface in Device Manager, continue to have an exclamation sign.

And in Device Status continue to say:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

What else could I try?

Thanks

DiegoTrd, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI

1. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE on Intel MEI - Similar Threads - STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Intel MEI

2. cant install install mei intel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install install mei intel: i have an asus z97a with a 4690k I5cpu ,running win 10 pro and am having trouble getting the intel management engine to installed correctly . i either get a platform is not supported or when it does install there is an error and if i try to update it i get an message saying...
  3. cant install install mei intel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install install mei intel: i have an asus z97a with a 4690k I5cpu ,running win 10 pro and am having trouble getting the intel management engine to installed correctly . i either get a platform is not supported or when it does install there is an error and if i try to update it i get an message saying...
  4. cant install install mei intel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark: I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there! I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM. I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there. There are at...
  6. Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel MEI Device Manager exclamation mark: I asked this in another thread but I think it got lost in there! I have an issue with Intel MEI in the sense that often it has an exclamation mark against it in DM. I am not sure which are the correct drivers to install as there seems to be so many out there. There are at...
  7. Bluetooth STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

Bluetooth STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE: Recently I've had a problem with the Bluetooth on my computer. I haven't been able to connect any devices. When I went to the device manager I found this error code "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" I've found a few other pages on advice on...
  8. Where is the latest Intel MEI Driver?

Where is the latest Intel MEI Driver?: I'm trying to find the latest Intel MEI Driver, but all I can find is downloads from third-party websites. Is there no download from Intel's page for Windows 10 64-bit? 123711
  9. Intel management engine interface code 10 error (STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel management engine interface code 10 error (STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE): Hello, I am running Windows 10 in my computer. When I tried to wake up my PC (by moving the mouse) from sleep mode, the PC shuts down and rebooted itself. In a normal circumstance, after I move the mouse, the PC prompted me the login screen almost immediately....
  10. Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Drivers

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Drivers: Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Version 11.0.0.1163 WHQL Download: http://www.station-drivers.com/index...d=1723&lang=en 22625

Users found this page by searching for:

1. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE mei

2. intel mei crashing computer

3. what is the causes of power failure to intel cpu

4. intel pci status_device_power_failure,
  5. IMEI STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE,
  6. windows intel mei power off,
  7. TATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE Asus laptop,
  8. bluetooth error code 10 device cannot start status device power failure,
  9. device power failure windows 10 intel management engine,
  10. STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE asus notebook,
  11. intel management engine interface device power failure,