Windows 10: steam games icon changed after installing new browser

Discus and support steam games icon changed after installing new browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; After instaling firefox all my steam games icons changed to firefox icons. Because its url icons. Now when i click on "open with" i cant find... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pepsimus, Jul 17, 2017.

1. pepsimus Win User

steam games icon changed after installing new browser

After instaling firefox all my steam games icons changed to firefox icons. Because its url icons.

Now when i click on "open with" i cant find "default browser option in there " white house with blue roof icon (like in picture) and thats what i need to change it back but i dont have it there. is there any path to it to set it manually?

I tryed restore default app button, but now it dont know in which app to open and i can select to open in firefox or find app in store.

:)

pepsimus, Jul 17, 2017

2. Shortcut Problem

Yesterday, I installed Internet Explorer on my laptop(it's the only browser that will run certain Java games), and it made changes to my computer. I managed to change everything back, but now I can't make a shortcut through my Steam application. It worked
    fine before I installed IE, but now when I create a shortcut through Steam, it makes a blank icon. When I click on the icon, it asks me what application I would like to use to open this program. I tried to select Steam to open it, but it simply stops and does
    nothing.

I can make a shortcut by right-clicking, but I shouldn't have to do it this way. IE should not be altering things. When I installed it, IE changed my default browser and search engine, enabled Cortana, disabled my Steam application from making shortcuts,
    and tried to install third party software. If it were any other program, some might consider it a virus.

My question is this: What did Internet Explorer do that suddenly disabled my Steam from creating shortcuts?

AllysonWhitney, Jul 17, 2017
  3. programs icon not working

when i click on a game icon (game that is installed) on my desktop, it doesn't open anything and the icon is blank. When i want to play a steam game i need to go in my steam library to play.

This is very frustrating because all my games icon are blank and dont work

Charlo Tony, Jul 17, 2017
Thema:

steam games icon changed after installing new browser

1. steam games icon changed after installing new browser - Similar Threads - steam games icon

2. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  3. Steam Games not saving after update 1809

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games not saving after update 1809: I am trying to play Borderlands 2 on the Surface Book 2 with windows 10 on firmware 1809 with automatic updates on. When I progress through the game and save it and quit, the game does not save any of the progress i just made. I have tried unticking "read only" and i have...
  4. Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and steams games wont open after the 1/8/2019 update.: Steam worked fine yesterday but now I can't open it, I've tried uninstalling the updates but that did not work, I also uninstalled and reinstalled steam and that didn't help either. the troubleshooter said it was incompatible....
  5. BSOD While Installing/Updating Games in Steam

BSOD While Installing/Updating Games in Steam: Recently I've gotten BSOD while installing or updating games in steam. I have noticed that the preallocation takes much longer than usual if it will BSOD during the install. DESKTOP-O670QKJ-Tue_10_16_2018__21232_14.zip 119929
  6. Steam game issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam game issue: How do I fix this problem?? "Failed to initialize Direct3D. Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration in display settings. InitializeEngineGraphics failed" 117231
  7. BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games

BSOD after doing a clean install while installing Steam games: Alienware M17xR3 Windows 10 Home My computer was running terribly slow, so I made a backup and did a clean install. Shortly after completing, I started downloading Dota 2 from Steam and also tried installing Fortnite, but my computer crashed. I didn't manage to catch the...
  8. Steam crashing my game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam crashing my game.: Hi For last 5 days i'd say my CS:GO in steam library are not running as it was before. My CS:GO crashes every most of the time i try to load a map ( offline ) but it does not happen all the time, i was playing no problem 3 hours ago, i try to run it again later, crashes...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. PDF icons are all changed to Chrome browser icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF icons are all changed to Chrome browser icons.: All of my PDF files have had their icons changed to Chrome icons. The files no longer open with Acrobat Reader....they now open through the Chrome browser. I'm not sure what caused this. The only thing I can think of is that my girlfriend was on my computer renaming a PDF...