Windows 10: Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds

Discus and support Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased LEGO Jurassic World from Steam. On one computer, it runs perfectly fine; but on another computer, which runs games far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Socjar, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Socjar Win User

Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds

Hello,

I recently purchased LEGO Jurassic World from Steam. On one computer, it runs perfectly fine; but on another computer, which runs games far better, it freezes every couple of seconds.

The computer runs other games without any difficulty at all, but when it runs LEGO games from Steam, they all do the same thing. I have LEGO Jurassic World, LEGO Marvel’s avengers, and LEGO The Hobbit.

My computer is a brand new Lenovo Flex 5 with Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @1.80 GHz with Intel UHD graphics 620, NVIDA GeForce MX130 graphics card, and 16GB RAM.

Lenovo Vantage, Intel Driver & Support Assistant, NVIDA GeForce Experience, and Windows Update all assure me that I have the latest drivers and updates installed.

I've also made sure to set the game to the correct resolution for my screen, before that I was having trouble keeping the app from switching back and forth between itself and the desktop.

I have tried uninstalling the game, clearing Steam's download cache, and reinstalling the game. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled all of Steam.

I have looked through the forum discussions on this problem on Steam, but nothing has helped me. Could you please help me? Thank you!

:)

Socjar, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Kalleins Win User

Lego games stuttering after Creators Update

Same situation. Three LEGO games (The Lego Movie, Lego Marvel Super Heros, Lego Star Wars Saga) are stuttering since I have installed the Creators Update. Interestingly this stuttering has been reported on Steam already years ago, however, before the update
    my system was running the games smoothly.

Your question made me search for a possible fix again and I just found a few suggestions I had not tested before - one of them actually fixed my system. The culprit appears to be the Logitech SetPoint software you may also have on your computer, if you are
    using a wireless keyboard/mouse/controller from Logitech. Closing setpoint.exe fixes the issue and my LEGO games are now running smoothly without any stuttering. Of course you won't be able to change the settings of your wireless Logitech devices for now,
    however, that's a minor point, for me at least.

Hope it works for your LEGO game, too.

Kalleins, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Gratgrat Win User
    No "Not-Steam Games" appearing on Start Menu

Hi, thanks for your answer !

Apparently it concerns the games installed on my second HD. (Lego Batman, Lego Batman 2, Mirror's Edge.

Gratgrat, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds

Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds

1. Steam LEGO games keep freezing every couple of seconds - Similar Threads - Steam LEGO games

2. Video games keeps freezing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games keeps freezing every few seconds: Hello.When I'm playing any online video game, it keeps freezing every few seconds. For my other devices though Phone, Tablet, in the same room, everything seems to be fine, so I think the computer is causing this problem. I didn't have this problem before. I tried resetting...
  3. Video games keeps freezing every few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video games keeps freezing every few seconds: Hello.When I'm playing any online video game, it keeps freezing every few seconds. For my other devices though Phone, Tablet, in the same room, everything seems to be fine, so I think the computer is causing this problem. I didn't have this problem before. I tried resetting...
  4. freeze for a couple seconds and Game crashed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    freeze for a couple seconds and Game crashed: So I was playing Genshin Impact and alt-tabbing to chrome for searching something and then my pc start freezing a bit and then my game just freeze until I end task or alt enter and then it will close. I'm looking in Reliability History the error gives more hint than usual and...
  5. Game crashed and freeze for a couple seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game crashed and freeze for a couple seconds: So I was playing Genshin Impact and alt-tabbing to chrome for searching something and then my pc start freezing a bit and then my game just freeze until I end task or alt enter and then it will close. I'm looking in Reliability History the error gives more hint than usual and...
  6. Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds: Hello everyone, TL;DR: After building a new PC and installing Windows 10, the system freezes for 20-60s with a brief black screen at the end after every 5-10 seconds of "normal" usability. Needless to say, the system is not usable like this. I've tried many things and I...
  7. Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds: TL;DR: After building a new PC and installing Windows 10, the system freezes for 20-60s with a brief black screen at the end after every 5-10 seconds of "normal" usability. Needless to say, the system is not usable like this. I've tried many things and I cannot even pin-point...
  8. Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps Freezing + Black screen every couple of seconds: Hello everyone, TL;DR: After building a new PC and installing Windows 10, the system freezes for 20-60s with a brief black screen at the end after every 5-10 seconds of "normal" usability. Needless to say, the system is not usable like this. I've tried many things and I...
  9. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  10. Computer freezes for a couple of seconds

Computer freezes for a couple of seconds: My computer freezes for a couple of seconds and then keeps working. Disk C shows spikes but I've scanned for problems and the disk is perfectly fine. I've already did a factory reset to my windows and still has the same problem. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lego lord of the rings pc constantly freezing w

2. pc lego games freeze every few seconds

3. Lego Games Keep freezing

4. steam games freeze a frame every couple seconds