Windows 10: Steam Running in low res

Discus and support Steam Running in low res in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all I just installed Windows 10 Pro from the official updater in what was Windows 7. Since the upgrade to Windows 10 there are a few bits I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ramistrov, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Ramistrov Win User

Steam Running in low res

Hi all

I just installed Windows 10 Pro from the official updater in what was Windows 7.

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 there are a few bits I am tweaking to get them how I like them but one I cannot find a fix for.

1. When I open Steam it opens in ultra low resolution, something like 640 or close too it. I have tried looking at the settings in Steam itself and also under the Display settings in Windows 10 but none appear to fix this.

Any ideas?

2. Second problem is a lot of my applications don't run unless they are being run as an Administrator is there a way to turn this off so everything I do is automatically being run as Administrator?

Rami.

:)

Ramistrov, Aug 5, 2015
  2. Ian Ser Win User

one High res monitor and one low res monitor

Hello Bob,

To try and help you with the issue, please follow these steps below:

• Press Windows Key or click Start, and then type and click
      Display Settings.
    • Choose Display on the left side. On the right side panel, choose
      Advanced display settings.
    • The new window should show you number 1 and 2 which indicates that there are currently 2 monitors being detected by your computer. Choose the monitor which needs to have the resolution changed and change its resolution by clicking on the drop down option
      under Resolution. Please use the recommended resolutions. You can change it later to your desire.
    • Check the issue gets resolved.

Let us know the results

Ian Ser, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Sending video in low res Lumia 920

My lumia 920 will only send video I have recorded on the phone in low res, not the hd the phone has recorded. Is there a setting I can change to send in HD by default?

Robwlklumia920, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Steam Running in low res

Hi mate.

I just updated to W10 this morning and had the same problem as yours, not only on Steam but with another programs as well.

Searching about it on google I found this link on reddit: Screenshot - 9f98172c0b6695be8f6099a6233dd4f9 - Gyazo (You can click, it's just a screenshot)

Hope it fix your problem.

matheuskate, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Ramistrov Win User
    Thanks matheuskate that fixed it. Still feels strange needing to do that to get basic applications to work properly but it is a new OS I guess!

Thanks again.

Ramistrov, Aug 6, 2015
  6. upcoast Win User
    It fixed the problem with my wife's Popcap games, they were all too big making them unplayable but by doing what you said they fit the screen now, perfectly playable.

Thanks.

upcoast, Aug 7, 2015
  7. gamegamer Win User
    hi
    i had the same problem but this didn't fixed my problem
    any other things to do?

gamegamer, Aug 18, 2015
  8. gamegamer Win User

Steam Running in low res

never mind
    if any one having the problem i had he should apply the changes to all users for some reason .
    i only have one

gamegamer, Aug 18, 2015
  9. I don't have a problem with the stream but only sound I don't get sound half the time even tho it don't lag and the quality is brill I don't get what's up do any of u guys know if so I would be very great full

badassmerlin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Steam Running in low res

1. Steam Running in low res - Similar Threads - Steam Running low

2. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  3. my logos and background are super low res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my logos and background are super low res: I have no idea why this happens any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logos-and-background-are-super-low-res/f9150b86-8934-452e-96f7-fafadc730e5a
  4. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  5. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming: Hello, I had an older ideapad that would display 4k and 1080p if 4k not offered with no issues since 2017. In Nov/22, all of the sudden low res text, images, and videos played low res contantly. It plays 4k like a 1080, it plays 1080 like a 720. One interesting fact: I...
  6. Low resolution on images and text and low res video playback/video streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Low res installers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low res installers: All installers are super low res . And orange app is also super low res . My monitor is a 1080 p one submitted by /u/Gooierwheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9t12g/low_res_installers/
  8. File explorer appears in low-res?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer appears in low-res?: [ATTACH] Hey! I'm sure there's an easy trick for this I'm missing. In the past two weeks or so, my file explorer has started appearing in low-res when it's opened via an upload screen. Doesn't do this in any other situation. It's not major but really annoys me - any ideas...
  9. Stuck in low -res in W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stuck in low -res in W10: I cannot get W10 to display anything other than low-res. Screen resolution is greyed out in display, so cannot change. Monitor works fine with another W10 machine and with other PCs and laptops. What is the fix? Monitor comes up as Generic, so cannot load the correct...
  10. Low res on some app icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Low res on some app icons?: Just installed 10122 and noticed when I tried the Windows Key, some of the app icons appear in low res. I included the two top ones that look ok for comparison. 6239