Windows 10: Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch

Discus and support Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can get Steam to launch, but only after having the PC be in sleep mode. I can't get Steam to start with Windows 10 either. I've been having trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by invictus, Sep 11, 2015.

1. invictus Win User

Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch

I can get Steam to launch, but only after having the PC be in sleep mode. I can't get Steam to start with Windows 10 either. I've been having trouble finding a solution to this issue all day, seems like I'm one of a very select few experiencing this.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted the blob files and various other things several times. No clue what the issue is.

:)

invictus, Sep 11, 2015

2. unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) when launching Rocksmith 2014

Sadly, you pretty much already covered what Ubisoft recommended. I have submitted a request with Steam Support, not entirely certain it is Steam's issue...

I can get it working in Windows 7, the phase immediately after where it fails on Windows 10, when it proceeds on Windows 7 is that the game verifies the DirectX version and updates if necessary...

I somewhat suspect that Ubisoft / Steam needs to release a patch for Windows 10 installations...

DavidHostetler, Sep 11, 2015
  3. C#S
    C#S Win User
    WIndows 10 Running extremely poorly sometimes

If it only happens when Steam is opening, maybe it is trying to update files, or something. Since you have nothing to loose, try uninstalling Steam. See if your computer then works better. If yes, then something with Steam. I know when Steam is downloading
    games for me it can tie up my computer.

Anyway, if it turns out to not be Steam, try another app that seems to have the same issue. Keep going until you find the app that is. Then re-install the apps and test just to verify.

If all that still fails, do a fresh install of Windows 10 onto your machine and don't install anything. See how that runs for a few days.

Good luck!

4. Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch

Are you running it with Administrator privileges?

blackroseMD1, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Hmm...that's odd. I'll do some research and if I find any possible solutions that you haven't listed as having tried, I'll post them here.

blackroseMD1, Sep 11, 2015
  6. invictus Win User
    Thanks. I got it to start up no problems a few minutes ago. Restarted while downloading drivers and it's back to round 1.

invictus, Sep 11, 2015
  7. blackroseMD1, Sep 11, 2015
  8. Gary Win User

I had so much trouble with Steam yesterday just trying to log in to my account. It would be easier to get into The NSA than Steam.

9. vgchat Win User
    What you do when steam locks up like this is fairly easy.

Open up taskmanager and kill the steam processes (usually 3). After they all die, launch steam and you should find it connects unless the steam servers are down atm.

vgchat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch - Similar Threads - Steam Updates Verifies

2. Steam Games not Launching after installing new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam Games not Launching after installing new hard drive: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop that I bought used back in March of this year. From about then to July, it was working fine and I could run games very easily without stress. Well in July, my hard drive started acting funky and wouldn't load when I would turn on my computer....
  3. Steam Games not Launching after installing new hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Games not Launching after installing new hard drive: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop that I bought used back in March of this year. From about then to July, it was working fine and I could run games very easily without stress. Well in July, my hard drive started acting funky and wouldn't load when I would turn on my computer....
  4. re5 wont launch on steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re5 wont launch on steam: re5 wont launch on steam, said something like network error when launching windows live but internet strength is maxed so im not exactly sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re5-wont-launch-on-steam/c63bda20-c616-4b0e-a5fd-fdbb8f5174a4
  5. re5 wont launch on steam

re5 wont launch on steam: re5 wont launch on steam, said something like network error when launching windows live but internet strength is maxed so im not exactly sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re5-wont-launch-on-steam/c63bda20-c616-4b0e-a5fd-fdbb8f5174a4
  6. Microsoft Flight simulator closes when installing update for 1st Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight simulator closes when installing update for 1st Steam: I have brought new alienware laptop with 3070ti graphics and i7 12 gen. MSFS is installed through steam. While running it ask for updates, so when I start updating it closes suddenly without downloading anything. Next time when I start MSFS it shows prob with 3rd party. i...
  7. Microsoft Flight simulator closes when installing update for 1st Steam

Microsoft Flight simulator closes when installing update for 1st Steam: I have brought new alienware laptop with 3070ti graphics and i7 12 gen. MSFS is installed through steam. While running it ask for updates, so when I start updating it closes suddenly without downloading anything. Next time when I start MSFS it shows prob with 3rd party. i...
  8. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  9. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch: I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues; 1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox; Failed to acquire the virtual box COM object Completely failed to instantiate CLSID_VirtualBox: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002. Result...
  10. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...