Windows 10: steps taken for infected Pc's.

Discus and support steps taken for infected Pc's. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bruinator, Feb 13, 2016.

1. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

:)

bruinator, Feb 13, 2016

2. "OSPPREARM.EXE has stopped working"

Hi Jim,

Common causes of OSPPREARM.EXE problems are corrupt or missing files, invalid registry entries associated with OSPPREARM.EXE, and virus or malware infection. We may need to do further investigation to identify the cause of the issue and to provide the appropriate
    resolution. Please answer the following:

• Were there changes made on the PC prior to the issue?
    • Are you running a third party antivirus software?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Feb 13, 2016
  3. wat&bo Win User
    What is the recommended steps to delete Trojan Win32/Gatrid.E!cl?

Original title: Trojan Win32/Gatrid.E!cl

Just isolated this malware. If I delete, is that all that is necessary? Has it infected other files. How does it gain access. What is the recommended steps that should be taken now. This specific Trojan did not show up when I entered a community search.
    Thanks

wat&bo, Feb 13, 2016
  4. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Feb 13, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
  6. bruinator Win User
    bruinator, Feb 13, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Well, I want to go back to yesterday's image - not to an image of last year.

8. steps taken for infected Pc's.

I suppose restoring a previous image is certainly one way to deal with malware...

However, that approach seems to hinge on the user's knowing WHEN the infection occurred, in order to know which backup image to restore?

Moreover, some malware respawns (e.g. from Google sync). So restoring the system image won't fix that, until the source of the malware is eradicated.

<just my penny thoughts and worth less>

MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 13, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    You made a good point. Restoring to a prior image is not the best solution in all cases. But it works in most cases.

10. bruinator Win User
    Sorry for asking but how did u come up with moxiemomma? Just curious?

thx

bruinator, Feb 13, 2016
  11. Follow these steps:

1) Boot the PC in safemode with networking
    2) Download and run the following software's one by one
    a) JSI Tip 9233. SafeMSI.exe freeware starts Windows Installer in Safe Mode. | Windows content from Windows IT Pro
    b) http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup324.exe
    c) https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/web...2.2.0.1024.exe
    d) How to Do a Complete Internet Explorer Optimization (un-check passwords if you click on it, saved password would be lost)
    4) if still there are any remaining infections (spyware / adware on the pc then run the following:
    a) HitmanPro Malware Removal Tool: Secondary Anti-Virus Scanner | Download HitmanPro 3.7 (32 bit OS)
    b) HitmanPro Malware Removal Tool: Secondary Anti-Virus Scanner | Download HitmanPro 3.7 (64 bit OS)
    5) Reboot the PC to normal mode
    6) Update the virus definitions of the anti-virus
    7) Install adblock plus (Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!) (IE only) / For chrome install from webstore

tanujchadha, Feb 13, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Ccleaner is no protection software, it only removes the history of the user, cookies and stuff like that but not in a way security software would.

13. Stephanie Win User

Stephanie, Feb 14, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. steps taken for infected Pc's. - Similar Threads - steps taken infected

2. Is my PC Infected?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is my PC Infected?: So, it's showing me this, in the 'sleep' description refer to the image above. If this helps, I sometimes get this error: Download Error in Windows Update 0x8024601dHere's my system info:Edition Windows 10 Home Insider Preview Single Language Version Dev Installed on...
  3. Is my PC Infected?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my PC Infected?: Is this a legitimate notice from Microsoft, or is this part of the infection? Is the phone number shown a legitimate phone number for Microsoft? Does this suggest that all of my devices linked to my Microsoft log in are infected? this inquiry is on behalf of my wife, not my...
  4. Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken: What I've done so far: Allow computer to sleep [ATTACH] Checked power requests [ATTACH] But there is no corresponding Windows Update service (USOSvc) in Task Manager Services. [ATTACH] What else can I do? [img] 167605
  5. New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find: I've recently just put together my first PC but I have been getting lots of crashes and BSODs. The crashes seem to come when I am playing audio or video, but that's the only connection I can see. I've spent hours researching online and troubleshooting the BSOD codes, but they...
  6. my pc in infected

my pc in infected: I installed a new program from a chrome website and after the installation I tried to open the program but it wouldn't, so i ran a AV scan on the program files and it said it was infected with win32/gamehack. I did some research about how to remove it but i'm concerned...
  7. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  8. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  9. PC infected with malware

PC infected with malware: I recently ran kmspico.exe and couple other unverified programs(of course by mistake) and now my pc's loaded with malware and virus. I reset my pc completely but I still think there are virus files saved which weren't deleted as I had opted to kept personal files. I don't...
  10. Steps taken for a clean PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Steps taken for a clean PC: Hi Guys, I was just wondering what steps you take to keep your PC's running smooth, fast, virus and malware free whether it is on a daily, weekly, monthly to yearly basis. Please write done all steps even if it is from command line or software. I greatly appreciate it....