Windows 10: Steps to fix 0xc0000034 will not work, changing boot sequence either

Discus and support Steps to fix 0xc0000034 will not work, changing boot sequence either in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a HP 15-f272wm. Yesterday it stopped working and I get a blue screen that says "Device needs to be repaired", file: \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BCD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wallacjm, Feb 18, 2017.

1. wallacjm Win User

Steps to fix 0xc0000034 will not work, changing boot sequence either

I have a HP 15-f272wm. Yesterday it stopped working and I get a blue screen that says "Device needs to be repaired", file: \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BCD, Error code: 0xc0000034. I have created a win 10 ISO DVD, but I have not been able to change the boot sequence to include the cd/dvd burner or USB. I changed Legacy to enable and secure boot to disable. I changed the boot sequence in UEFI, but there is an arrow that points to legacy notebook hard drive and OS boot manager. So now I can boot from, EFI, Notebook Hard drive and Os boot manager. The boot sequence I changed the UEFI to does not work. HELP!

:)

wallacjm, Feb 18, 2017

2. File :\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc0000034

Hi Zeuss.

Error 0xc0000034 is displayed when either the bootmgr file is corrupt or missing or the BCD (Boot Configuration Data) is corrupt or missing. We would like to know more about the issue that you are encountering. Please provide the following
    information:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before this issue came up?
    • Do you get the same error code 0xc0000034?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Melowin Mar, Feb 18, 2017
  3. How to change boot from HDD to SSD?

Hello Alden,

I understand that you've already tried to change the boot order/sequence of your computer. To help you change the boot order/sequence to your SSD, refer to the steps below:

1. While your computer is booting up, press the F2/Del key to enter BIOS setup.

2. Change the boot order/sequence and set your cloned SSD as the 1st boot device.

3. Save the changes.

You may also check the answer from Andre Da Costa in this
    thread
    for a more detailed steps of changing the boot order/sequence of your computer.

Let me know if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 18, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi wallacjm,

Apologies for the delay, are you still in need of help?

Thema:

1. Steps to fix 0xc0000034 will not work, changing boot sequence either - Similar Threads - Steps fix 0xc0000034

2. Fix the boot for error code 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix the boot for error code 0xc0000034: Hello microsoft support. I once had an error for error code 0xc0000034. It read as follows: --FORM-- Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. An unknown error occurred. I will only list that much, so, I had it reading "An Unknown Error Occurred." I booted into...
  3. Error 0xc0000034, can't access Boot media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc0000034, can't access Boot media: I have been trying to load the BIOS on my computer, attempting to boot from the USB so I could reinstall Windows 10 to allow an unallocated partition. Now I am stuck at this error message when I start up, no BIOS screens, the ESC, F1, and F2 are useless, I have my boot drive...
  4. Nothing fixing error 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing fixing error 0xc0000034: After restarting my computer, I got the above mentioned error, so I did some googling, yet nothing I tried worked. I did notice, however, that the tutorials were showing that the error message said "missing some files. File: \BCD". Mine doesn't say that, so I'm unsure of what...
  5. boot BCD 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    boot BCD 0xc0000034: ช่วยทีครับคอมขึ้น boot BCD 0xc0000034 แล้วพอเปิดไว้สักพักเครื่องรีสต๊าทตลอดเลย แล้วก็ปิดเครื่องไม่ได้ ปิดปุ๊ปก็เปิดใหม่ตลอดต้องถอดปลั๊กอย่างเดียว https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-bcd-0xc0000034/f8ad963c-967b-4462-b369-f966c84c60b8
  6. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  7. How to change the boot sequence

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the boot sequence: How do I change the boot sequence on W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-boot-sequence/b7db8bbf-4914-4af3-8331-e26314d38669"
  8. file:\boot\bcd 0xc0000034 - Restore & Repair NOT Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file:\boot\bcd 0xc0000034 - Restore & Repair NOT Working: Hi I have an old Dell Dimension 5150 and recently it had a blue screen and now wont boot Im getting the similar PC/Device Boot\BCD issue people have posted lots on here about but non of the repair or clean installs work for me I have a new Windows10 disk and configure...
  9. BSOD on Boot 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Boot 0xc0000034: Heyo, I'm having some BSOD's on boot for some reason. I am unfortunately unable to post a debug report as I can't get to my desktop. However, I do have a small bit of background for the issue. I recently got an SSD, and cloned my main drive with Windows 10 over to my SSD....
  10. \Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Support
    \Boot\BCD Error Code 0xc0000034: Hi there, and thanks in advance for your help. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ISK (model name 80SM) running Windows 10. I am receiving an error on boot 'Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors....
Tags: