Windows 10: Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only...

Discus and support Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My primary PC just suffered from the dreaded Windows 10 Spring 1803 Update, BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG crash, and now refused to boot. Following are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScotGiambalvo, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only...

My primary PC just suffered from the dreaded Windows 10 Spring 1803 Update, BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG crash, and now refused to boot.

Following are the steps I have attempted to resolve this issue using command prompt only (I have been unsuccessful so far)

I have booted from W10 Repair Disc, and OEM 1709 and 1803 Install Discs with the following results:
    System Restore - No points unavailable
    Startup Repair - Unable to resolve problem
    Go back to a previous version - Failed
    System Image Recovery - (Don't have one, won't make that mistake again.)

I have successfully enabled "Legacy Boot" and can see the F8 options, but none seem to have any effect.

Disable Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver > result > Endless spinning dots

Disable Driver Signature Enforcement >result > Endless spinning dots

Debugging Mode >result > Endless spinning dots

Safe Mode / Safe Mode with Command Prompt >result > Endless spinning dots

When I boot with the Repair Disc, the only option that works properly, is "Command Prompt".

Using the Command Prompt, I have successfully executed the following commands, though I'm not sure they "stuck" as implied.

bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy (How I got the F8 to work again)

bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal (which doesn't seem to stick)

bcdedit /set {default} nointegritychecks on (which should bypass driver signature enforcement. Again, not really indicating as such.)

At the still no luck point, I've followed the "strip all your cards and connected devices from your motherboard" diagnostic steps.

I tried a set of boot attempts with just the on-board intel video (set in bios) and then a Nivdia PCI card video. No go.

I have used the tools on my "Falcon 4" bootable diagnostic CD to check my memory sticks and other essential hardware, with no resulting errors.

I followed a thread about using DISM to check drivers and disable them, but I'm not sure this is the right path, since offline images .wim are not actually the installed and activated drivers for the OS. [dism-driver-servicing-command-line-options]

My only remaining option is the Command Prompt, which I can access, but I don't know what do to, in a command-line capacity, to force Windows 10 to either boot into safe mode, or disable all but a minimal set of drivers, so I can at least get into the operating system.

Can someone help me create a batch file? A script? A nanobot? Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only... :)

Or at least tell me how to enable boot logging to collect a log file and assist me in deciphering it?

I know how to disable drivers and services in safe mode, but I can't even get that far. I guess I should have stayed awake in my DOS class in 1983.

Any help is appreciated.

NOTE: For those following the "Hibernation File Loop" diagnosis, my system's hibernation was disabled before the 1803 Update and there is no "hiberfil.sys" file to delete.

:)

ScotGiambalvo, Jul 30, 2018

2. driver PNP watchdog

Hi

i'm stuck whit this BSOD driver pnp watchdog.

and i can't do anything at all.

when i start it says "unexpected shutdown detected"

then it looks as if it starts up and suddenly the BSOD comes up.

What can i do????

PepijnVeldboom, Jul 30, 2018
  3. martya2 Win User
    PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG

I have been trying to install the April2018 Update but I get a blue screen with the Stop Code PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG. Is there a workaround?

martya2, Jul 30, 2018
  4. BK456 Win User

Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only...

April Update DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

I've unsuccessfully tried to install this update 5 times now I think. Tried various easy changes, like updating drivers, after the first two with no success. The update stops at 88%-92% then BSODs with the DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error every time.

PC restarts and rolls back to a previous version of Windows, then automatically starts downloading the update again. After however many minutes it prompts me to try the install again.

I have a link to the setupmem.dmp from the Panther/NewOs/Rollback folder for your information. I'd appreciate any insight you can give to get through this issue.

setupmem.dmp

BK456, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only...

1. Steps to resolve 1803 Update "BSOD Driver PNP WATCHDOG" using command prompt only... - Similar Threads - Steps resolve 1803

2. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  3. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  4. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. driver pnp watchdog error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver pnp watchdog error: So whenever I try and open my computer and boot it up it won’t load past the screen with the windows logo so I tried resetting the computer that it will do the automatic repair but it just shows a blue screen with a error saying driver pnp watchdog. I’ve tried installing a...
  6. Driver PNP watchdog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver PNP watchdog: Help, I don't know what to do... I've tried so much and I can't figure it out... I can't even launch into windows... submitted by /u/empoleon621 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb95fb/driver_pnp_watchdog/
  7. Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog

Unbootable BSOD: Driver PNP watchdog: Hey Everyone, I've been handed a clients device which is currently displaying a BSOD error and Is completely unable to boot; (into both Normal windows or Safe mode) I tried using a Windows Recovery USB... also unable to boot into and displays the same error. So far the...
  8. Driver PNP watchdog - need help resolving this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver PNP watchdog - need help resolving this: My problem concerns a blue screen with the message: driver PNP watchdog. Alao when the computer restarts the following message appears: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly - reconstructing cache metadata" along with different data. I have tried getting into the...
  9. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: Hi I'm currently running Windows 10, version 1709 and I've being trying to install Windows 10, version 1803 two times. All attempts end with Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG during one of the restarts. In fact the update appears to work normally until around 43%, then it...
  10. Driver pnp watchdog

Driver pnp watchdog: Update 1803 has failed three times. The stop code is DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG. This information appears to be undocumented and totally useless, but it is apparently a problem that people everywhere are having and failing to fix. I have a gracious plenty of codes that have no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver pnp watchdog windows 10 VMware

2. driver pnp watchdog blue screen repair cmd

3. hp stop code driver pnp watchdog

4. vmware stop code driver pnp,
  5. bsod “driver pnp watchdog” error when upgrading vmware vm to windows 10 version 1809 october update,
  6. 1809 update fails on virtualbox driver watchdog,
  7. windows 10 1803 vm ware Driver PNP Watchdog,
  8. vmware pnp watchdog bsod,
  9. driver pnp watchdog schermata blu,
  10. bsod 1809 upgrade driver_pnp_watchdog,
  11. windows 10 1803 driver pnp watchdog,
  12. Give me live updates for windows 1803 downloads and PNP powershell,
  13. windows 10 1809 vmware install stop code driver pnp watchdog,
  14. driver pnp watchdog virtualbox,
  15. windows 10 version 1809 upgrade stop code: driver pnp watchdog