Windows 10: steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc

Discus and support steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Am having problem transfering my firefox bookmarks from a salvaged W7 hard drive to my new windows 10 firefox browser. Have read posts on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by provlima, Jul 6, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc

Am having problem transfering my firefox bookmarks from a salvaged W7 hard drive to my new windows 10 firefox browser.

Have read posts on the subject but am sonewhat confused. Can someone please give me instructions on where to find the needed bookmarks file on my salvaged hdd that must be copied and what folder on the new laptop to transfer it into on the new pc.

Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Jul 6, 2016
  2. GTAE68 Win User

Edge - Favorites Import from Firefox - Obsolete Data Imported.

I have imported my Firefox Bookmarks into Edge using the most up to date version of Edge. Import executes with no problem. However, the imported bookmarks from Firefox correspond to an old, obsolete version of the Firefox bookmarks. I have no idea where
    Edge is finding this version of Firefox bookmarks. How can I ensure that the imported bookmarks come from the current Firefox profile and are consistent with the bookmarks that I see in Firefox?

Firefox: 51.0.1

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Windows 10, Anniversary Edition Update.

GTAE68, Jul 6, 2016
  3. cricfancy Win User
    IE to Firefox Bookmarks using Nokia PC Suite

Hi,

May be someone can help me out. Is there anyway by using Nokia PC Suite's mobile bookmarks, i can transfer my Internet explorer saved bookmarks to Firefox bookmarks...

IE bookmarks to Nokia Device

Nokia Device to Firefox

Is it possible?

cricfancy, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 6, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    In addition to the above. just search for places.sqlite from the old HD under C:\users\...\Roaming\Mozilla then copy to the new HD.

Ex: C:\Users\Coyote\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\3zn37jmk.default
    Those in red would be different.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I transfer the entire profile over - that keeps all my saved passwords and even add-ons. In your new Firefox installation, in the folder topgundcp points to, you see the profile that ends in .default. Copy the old profile ending in .default from you Windows 7 user folder into your new Windows 10 folder. Rename the .default file that was created by the new Windows 10 firefox by changing only the .default part of the file name to .bak. Now copy the first part of that filename. Rename the .default file from your Windows 7 by replacing the first half of the filename with the letters/numbers from the .bak filename you created. Restart Firefox and you get everything from your old profile - bookmarks, add-ons, and passwords!

For example:
    C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\windows7.default <- profile from your Windows 7 Firefox.
    C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\windows10.default <- profile created by Windows 10 Firefox.

Rename:
    C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\windows10.default to windows10.bak

Rename:
    C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\windows7.default to windows10.default

NavyLCDR, Jul 6, 2016
  7. topgundcp Win User
    You don't even need to do this. Just edit the profile.ini and change the path then you are all set.
    Or just copy the whole Mozilla folder and override everything in the other PC.

However, the easiest way is to set up sync then everything is in sync immediately on all every PC's . ie. if you add a bookmark on one PC, the rest will be synced immediately.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Since you mentioned profile.ini, what I did with a clean install was after installing firefox on the new install, I deleted the new Profiles folder, I copied profile.ini and the folder Profiles from my old installation to my new installation and that was it. Easier than renaming files! Thanks for the tip!

NavyLCDR, Jul 7, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Can't you just sync it using an Firefox account ?

steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. steps to transfer firefox bookmarks from old hdd to nw windows 10 pc - Similar Threads - steps transfer firefox

2. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc: If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this. Go to your old pc Press Windows + R to open the run command type%appdata% Go to the mozilla folder Click Firefox and Profiles Copy the folder(s) if you have more than one folder Make a...
  3. Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Tip, transferring profiles from a old pc: If you are coming from a old pc and need to transfer your old profiles try this. Go to your old pc Press Windows + R to open the run command type%appdata% Go to the mozilla folder Click Firefox and Profiles Copy the folder(s) if you have more than one folder Make a...
  4. Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to transfer/migrate windows 10 from an old HDD to a new HDD?: Sorry for the dumb question, but my dad recently gave me his computer which has windows 10 Pro inside of its hard drive (he doesnt have an ssd). I also just realized that windows 10 is not a free OS after 18 long years. Knowing this fact, Im not really willing into spending...
  5. FireFox bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox bookmarks: After years of using FF, backing up and restoring older ones I "acquired" a mile long list and between them many duplicates, some in folders which are also exact duplicates. From time to time I have to clean them manually one by one. Is there some way to do it automatically ?...
  6. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  7. Firefox Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Bookmarks: Hi. The new Firefox Quantum has done something unwelcome with my bookmarking procedure - when I click 'Bookmark This Page' the entry goes to 'Other Bookmarks' whereas I prefer them in the Bookmarks Menu (i.e. not in a folder). Is there a setting I can change to make Bookmarks...
  8. Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering FIREFOX bookmarks from Vista to Win10.: Unlike almost EVERYONE else lol, I didn't not upgrade to Win10, I went to the store, bought a copy of Win19 on a disc, and a new HDD and did a dual boot with Vista64 and Win10 64 pro. As such, I have to move files. What I didn't think about was my massive online cooking...
  9. Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering HDD from old PC to new PC: I have an older PC in which the motherboard is dying. I bought a newer PC and since the HDD is still good on old PC I wanted to install the HDD to the new PC as a 2nd drive. That way i can keep the files and have more room. My question is to make room on old HDD can I delete...
  10. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import mozilla from old hd