Windows 10: Stereo Mix is Not Working.

Discus and support Stereo Mix is Not Working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I own an Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme mother board with a Realtek High Definition Audio system. To my dismay the stereo mix has been disabled and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Secrios, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Secrios Win User

Stereo Mix is Not Working.

I own an Asus ROG Rampage V Extreme mother board with a Realtek High Definition Audio system.

To my dismay the stereo mix has been disabled and even worse so, when enabled it still does not respond to sounds.

Is there a way to get it to work again?

:)

Secrios, Sep 23, 2016
  2. 탁헌오 Win User

Unable to find Stereo mix in Surface pro 4

Hello. I want to use stereo mix at surface pro 4, but I cannot find the stereo mix panel. Although I click "show disabled device" and "show disconnected device", I cannot find stereo mix. I tried to install stereo mix driver at realtek, but then my headphone
    doesn't work, so I cannot help but delete driver. How can I use stereo mix at the surface pro 4?

Original title: Surface Pro 4 Stereo mix

탁헌오, Sep 23, 2016
  3. CraigLong Win User
    How to configure line in

Enable Stereo Mix. Speaker icon right click -> Recording devices -> Stereo Mix.

Stereo Mix captures the desktop sounds.

Enable Stereo Mix and then set the Audacity sound input to Stereo Mix.

But often programs have their own built-in desktop capture capabilities.

CraigLong, Sep 23, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

You can try the Realtek driver, direct from Realtek. However, if the hardware vendor has disabled it even the generic Realtek driver will not enable it.

I've had a couple ASUS Z77 motherboards with Realtek and the Stereo Mix was not disabled in them. When you enabled it, did you make it the Default Recording Device? If you just enable it but do not make it the Default recording device it won't work.

How did it get disabled to start with? Some other media program that disabled it? Maybe even malware.

fireberd, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Secrios Win User
    It might have always been disabled, I can't remember except I was able to record audio.

Secrios, Sep 23, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Are you talking about recording audio from the internet or recording audio from something local like a line in?

After thinking more about the Stereo Mix, I've never heard of an ASUS board disabling that function.
    A little bit of a hassle, but I would go to the Device Manager, uninstall the Realtek and the Realtek drivers. Restart the PC and
    Windows usually installs the Generic, Basic Function, High Definition Audio drivers. This does not have Stereo Mix. Then download and install the "HIgh Definition Audio Codecs" (drivers) direct from Realtek. See if this changes anything.

Realtek

(BTW, I have a recording studio)

fireberd, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Secrios Win User
    I already fresh installed the latest drivers.

Secrios, Sep 24, 2016
  8. Stereo Mix is Not Working.

specialkone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stereo Mix is Not Working. - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix Working

2. Stereo Mix not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not Working: I'm posting this again because none of the answers I can find on the internet helped me get Stereo Mix working until today. I assume you have the Stereo Mix device in the recording tab in the Sound control panel dialog:If not, then make sure you select "Show disabled devices"...
  3. Stereo Mix not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not Working: I'm posting this again because none of the answers I can find on the internet helped me get Stereo Mix working until today. I assume you have the Stereo Mix device in the recording tab in the Sound control panel dialog:If not, then make sure you select "Show disabled devices"...
  4. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not working: I cannot get Stereo Mix to work, I can enable it and all, however it doesn't pick up any audio at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/e882979e-3fe1-4966-8b98-b41c1e7e25fb
  5. Stereo Mix not working

Stereo Mix not working: I cannot get Stereo Mix to work, I can enable it and all, however it doesn't pick up any audio at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/e882979e-3fe1-4966-8b98-b41c1e7e25fb
  6. Stereo mix not working properly

Stereo mix not working properly: hello. i have a small problem with my stereo mix its supposed to make my pc sounds play through my microphone and also it should play my voice too so for example if i play a game and i talk on discord if i had my mic input set to stereo mix my friends in the call are supposed...
  7. Stereo mix not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo mix not working properly: hello. i have a small problem with my stereo mix its supposed to make my pc sounds play through my microphone and also it should play my voice too so for example if i play a game and i talk on discord if i had my mic input set to stereo mix my friends in the call are supposed...
  8. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not working: Stereo Mix is not working recently. When I play music, Stereo Mix should record it but now it has no soundnow there is only my real mic is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/a2e7cb9e-fb97-4f03-b083-13704a3e7555
  9. Stereo Mix not working

Stereo Mix not working: Stereo Mix is not working recently. When I play music, Stereo Mix should record it but now it has no soundnow there is only my real mic is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/a2e7cb9e-fb97-4f03-b083-13704a3e7555
  10. stereo mix works not properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stereo mix works not properly: hi guys, I want to record league of legends and listen to music but i only want to record my in-game sound and league. so im trying to use my earphones as as default and make obs screen recorder to listen to that and redirect my chrome where i listen to my music to my main...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. Surface pro 4 stereomix