Windows 10: Stereo Mix missing after Windows 10 upgrade [Solved]

Discus and support Stereo Mix missing after Windows 10 upgrade [Solved] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a Dell Windows 7 computer and after upgrading to Windows 10, I don't have Stereo Mix under recording devices. Apparently I need a new driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by azrobert, Jul 10, 2016.

1. azrobert Win User

Stereo Mix missing after Windows 10 upgrade [Solved]

I had a Dell Windows 7 computer and after upgrading to Windows 10, I don't have Stereo Mix under recording devices. Apparently I need a new driver because I have "Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices" checked.

I checked Device Manager and it shows HD audio device.
    I displayed the properties and it shows the manufacturer as Microsoft.
    I then checked my Dell Service Tag recommended drivers and it shows I use a Conexant Smart Audio Driver, so I assume I have a Conexant audio device.

I found the following driver on Softpedia and downloaded it to a USB device:
    Conexant SmartAudio HD Driver version 8.66.31.68 for Windows 10

I used 7-Zip to extract the files and got a warning:
    "There are some data after the end of the payload data"

Is there something wrong with the download because of the warning?
    I tried downloading it a 2nd time and got the same warning.

I tried to install the driver via Device Manager.
    Right clicked on HD Audio Device.
    I selected Update Driver, Search this computer and selected the USB drive.
    I clicked Next and the driver failed to install with message "The best driver software for your device is already installed".

I'm I doing something wrong?
    How do I verify I have a Conexant audio device and this is the correct driver?

Thank You

Edit:
    I failed to say Audio works perfectly except for the Stereo Mix problem.

:)

azrobert, Jul 10, 2016
  2. Sonja62 Win User

No Stereo Mix Voice Recorder in Windows 10 to record sound from PC

*Original Title: Stereo Mix Voice Recorder Windows 10

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Win 7 I found there was no Stereo Mix to record sound from my PC. After installing Stereo Mix I found it does not work even when you install the drivers. Voice Recorder is also useless, it records nothing just silence.
    I used to use Audacity with Win 7 and that was great but it does not work in Win 10. I have an HP Pavilion DV6 laptop.

Sonja62, Jul 10, 2016
  3. alfredmic Win User
    No Stereo Mix Voice Recorder in Windows 10 to record sound from PC

alfredmic, Jul 10, 2016
  4. azrobert Win User

When I previously looked at my Dell account, the description for the Conexant Smart Audio Driver only included Windows 8.1, so I assumed it wasn't for Windows 10. I took a closer look and saw it was updated Dec 2015. At the bottom of the page there is a line "Supported Operating Systems". When clicked it expands to show it also supports Windows 10. I downloaded the driver and when double clicked, it automatically installs. I re-booted and now my Stereo Mix is back.

azrobert, Jul 10, 2016
Thema:

1. Stereo Mix missing after Windows 10 upgrade [Solved] - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix missing

2. Stereo Mix missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix missing.: Greeting. The OS is windows 11, and the device is a gaming HP laptop.I tried to turn on the computer's Stereo Mix, but I didn't find it in the record. I tried to update the driver according to the information on the Internet, but the system told me "The best drivers for your...
  3. Stereo Mix missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix missing.: Greeting. The OS is windows 11, and the device is a gaming HP laptop.I tried to turn on the computer's Stereo Mix, but I didn't find it in the record. I tried to update the driver according to the information on the Internet, but the system told me "The best drivers for your...
  4. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  5. Stereo Mix Solved???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stereo Mix Solved???: This problem has been going for a long time. Today my Stereo Mix was working, enabling internal recording from the Internet This afternoon, with the microphone enabled, Audacity is recording again without the horrible feedback! The only difference I see is that under...
  6. Stereo mix windows 10

Stereo mix windows 10: I recently had to reinstall windows on my pc I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit and the stereo mix audio driver disappeared. I believe I had it listed as "realtek high definition audio device" but IDT will also work. Neither site has a working download that fixes...
  7. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  8. Stereo Mix is missing!

Stereo Mix is missing!: Stereo mix is missing from the recording devices list. I have already selected to show disabled devices. And for some weird reason it shows a line-input on the "back" of the machine,s which obviously is not there, great work HP....
  9. Stereo Mix Windows 10

Stereo Mix Windows 10: Is there a way to set your input device as the sounds coming out of your output device how stereo mix used to work on old windows versions? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-windows-10/18d64c9c-7633-4d38-a407-33841b9812ed
  10. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can I restore stereo mix after windows 10 upgrade