Stereo Mix no longer appears.

Discus and support Stereo Mix no longer appears. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) The machine was recently returned from an IT company who removed a corrupt update because it refused to boot up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Syncopator Win User

Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

The machine was recently returned from an IT company who removed a corrupt update because it refused to boot up.

I now find that Stereo Mix is not showing up in the audio windows which opens on right clicking the 'speaker icon on the taskbar.

This is what is displayed:

Stereo Mix no longer appears. [​IMG]

And this is Volume Mixer:

Stereo Mix no longer appears. [​IMG]

There's no corresponding window for Recording devices.

I have no idea what has happened. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem please?

:)

Syncopator, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Anju Thekkethil Win User

Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Nicholas Kydonieus Win User
    Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Thanks for the response Anju.

I followed your instructions to the letter. Method 1: No Stereo Mix even with the show disabled and disconnected boxes checked.

Method 2: I uninstalled one Microsoft and four NVIDIA High Definition audio devices and rebooted my computer. The re-start took considerably longer than usual to come up to the login. I tried again to see if the Stereo Mix
    was re-instated but it was not there. Maybe I need to do a registry addition, if the audio drivers actually support the Stereo Mix audio source, but I do not know what that could be.

Thanks, again

Nicholas Kydonieus, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Stereo Mix no longer appears. - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix longer

2. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!: I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed...
  3. how to open mix file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to open mix file in windows 10: I have *.mix files which I can't open them in Windows 10. Is any application can be downloaded to open mix files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-open-mix-file-in-windows-10/495dc746-1b7e-4166-941a-809b409b6c44
  4. Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound: Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound. The volume mixer shows when there is sound, but no sound comes out of speakers. When I look at sound, I can test the speakers and they work. But when I changes the Intel Display Audio to the speakers, there is nothing. I can...
  5. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  6. Could you tell me if I can combine Surface Book and Windows Mixed Reality Headset?

Could you tell me if I can combine Surface Book and Windows Mixed Reality Headset?: I’ve bought the Windows Mixed Reality headset but not sure if it is compatible with my Surface Book. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/could-you-tell-me-if-i-can-combine-surface-book/c94a785a-0a1d-4f41-8067-45b57ccdc0ff
  7. Increase brightness on monitor. Brightness does not appear under the display tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase brightness on monitor. Brightness does not appear under the display tab: Increase brightness on monitor. Brightness should appear in the display under color. I can barely see monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/increase-brightness-on-monitor-brightness-does-not/736d9328-c6bc-47c8-b050-83da88fb8836
  8. How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rename mixed JPG and MOV files into one numerical sequence: I have several folders of mixed photos and videos. Currently they’re manually sorted as I want them, in the order of their creation regardless of filetype (IMG or MOV). If I sort them temporarily on another column (e.g. Comments or Tags) then I have no way of returning to the...
  9. Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with videos and GIFs appearing so zoomed in they are impossible to view: I use windows 10 with chrome! When trying to view videos or GIFs on primarily on Facebook, the picture appears zoomed in to where they are unrecognizable! This is very recent so I am assuming the problem is associated with a recent windows update! [Moved from:...
  10. Stop these screens from appearing

in Browsers and Email
    Stop these screens from appearing: The screens as in my attachments will occasionally appear when i open my Firefox 61.0.2 browser and when i open Outlook 2010 email another Outlook help appears. Is there a way to stop this from appearing please?*Smile 116188

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stereo mix missing win 10