Windows 10: Stereo Mix no longer appears.

Discus and support Stereo Mix no longer appears. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) The machine was recently returned from an IT company who removed a corrupt update because it refused to boot up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Syncopator, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Stereo Mix no longer appears.

Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

The machine was recently returned from an IT company who removed a corrupt update because it refused to boot up.

I now find that Stereo Mix is not showing up in the audio windows which opens on right clicking the 'speaker icon on the taskbar.

This is what is displayed:

Stereo Mix no longer appears. [​IMG]

And this is Volume Mixer:

Stereo Mix no longer appears. [​IMG]

There's no corresponding window for Recording devices.

I have no idea what has happened. Can anyone help me to resolve this problem please?

:)

Syncopator, Jun 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Thanks for the response Anju.

I followed your instructions to the letter. Method 1: No Stereo Mix even with the show disabled and disconnected boxes checked.

Method 2: I uninstalled one Microsoft and four NVIDIA High Definition audio devices and rebooted my computer. The re-start took considerably longer than usual to come up to the login. I tried again to see if the Stereo Mix
    was re-instated but it was not there. Maybe I need to do a registry addition, if the audio drivers actually support the Stereo Mix audio source, but I do not know what that could be.

Thanks, again

Nicholas Kydonieus, Jun 10, 2018
Thema:

Stereo Mix no longer appears.

1. Stereo Mix no longer appears. - Similar Threads - Stereo Mix longer

2. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not working: I cannot get Stereo Mix to work, I can enable it and all, however it doesn't pick up any audio at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/e882979e-3fe1-4966-8b98-b41c1e7e25fb
  3. Stereo Mix not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not showing: Hello. I recently purchased a Surface Laptop Studio and am using a Surface Go as a secondary monitor. I wanted to enable Stereo Mix but it doesn't show up no matter what I do even when I updated audio drivers. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. Stereo Mix not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stereo Mix not working: Stereo Mix is not working recently. When I play music, Stereo Mix should record it but now it has no soundnow there is only my real mic is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stereo-mix-not-working/a2e7cb9e-fb97-4f03-b083-13704a3e7555
  5. No Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Stereo Mix: [ATTACH] I try to use my two HDMI monitors as one audio output.So i read, that you can use the stereo mix to duplicate your output to another device.Big problem is, that there is no stereo mix for me - it's not hidden, updating my audio drivers won't fix and i'm really...
  6. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix: Why has Stereo Mix been removed as a recording option from Windows 10? This was a very useful feature in previous Windows versions and one that I very much depended upon for the successful completion of my collegiate studies. What do you suggest as a way to enable it again?...
  7. Stereo Mix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stereo Mix: Hi. I have a dell computer. When I try to record audio output using, say, audacity, using stereo mix, it records an overly loud background noise, which isn't present or at least must be greatly exaggerated in the original. I have the same issue if I instead use Microsoft...
  8. Realtec stereo mix

Realtec stereo mix: I can not get the Realtec stereo mix to activate. Help please. Thanks Rich https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtec-stereo-mix/021cfbd7-0f5a-4540-9e94-6305c0ae3c84
  9. Stereo Mix

Stereo Mix: How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix. Any suggestions please?...
  10. Stereo Mix don't appear

Stereo Mix don't appear: Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) The machine was recently returned from an IT company who removed a corrupt update because it refused to boot up. I now find that Stereo Mix is not showing up in the audio windows which opens on right clicking the 'speaker icon on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stereo mix missing win 10