Windows 10: Sticker Residue, What Is It?

Discus and support Sticker Residue, What Is It? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just want to throw in a disclaimer that this may sound like a paranoid question. That said, I recently purchased a new Asus ROG notebook.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zeromous, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Zeromous Win User

Sticker Residue, What Is It?

Hi,

I just want to throw in a disclaimer that this may sound like a paranoid question.

That said, I recently purchased a new Asus ROG notebook. I'm loving it and it's running all my games and apps smoothly. However, I noticed that right out of the box it has this weird residue above the intel sticker. I've attached an image to show what I'm talking about. I've been reading that laptops can have toxic chemicals in them and I don't know much about quality control standards overseas.

Sticker Residue, What Is It? [​IMG]

Does anyone have an idea of what the residue might be? I thought that the glue on back of these stickers were concise so it didn't make sense for the glue to just spread upwards, if it is glue at all.

:)

Zeromous, Jan 31, 2016
  2. croxall Win User

E7-00 After Service Center Repair

I sent in my less than 1 month old E7 for repair because the rear camera stopped working (black screen). When I got it back, the phone was in worse shape than when I sent it in. The camera is working, but there is residue on the back from a sticker (I did
    not had a sticker on the back), pry marks on the bottom from where it was repaired, there are scratches on the camera lens, and the screen is not straight when opened anymore. I sent in a phone in new condition and received a phone that is in poor condition
    as a replacement (new serial number). What steps should I take to make sure that I get a phone that is as good as the one I sent in?

CIMG0073.jpg

croxall, Jan 31, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User
    What does the coa sticker look like or the os sticker look like

Did you not find any images when you Googled "COA sticker"?

JimWynne, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Sticker Residue, What Is It?

just rub it off, stop worrying over nothing.

shakennstirred, Jan 31, 2016
  5. Zeromous Win User
    I guess I was just being paranoid, thanks.

Zeromous, Feb 1, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Too harsh!
    Rubbing Alcohol or nail polish remover on a Q-Tip.

Edwin, Feb 1, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Hand sanitizer. Works great because it is alcohol based and has the thickening additive so it stays longer to dissolve the glue.

NavyLCDR, Feb 1, 2016
  8. Sticker Residue, What Is It?

You say WD-40 is too harsh (which it isn't) and then suggest Acetone which will dissolve the plastic?

nigelmercier, Feb 1, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Good point.

NavyLCDR, Feb 1, 2016
  10. I clean any kind of label or sticker reside with Goo B Gone. Works great.

DeaconFrost, Feb 1, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    Okay, the nail polish remover was a bad idea! My bad! Scratch that, I'll broaden my shoulders a bit! *Redface

Edwin, Feb 1, 2016
  12. Berton Win User
    I mostly use Ronsonol lighter fluid on a cloth, it evaporates well leaving no residue of its own. It soaks labels quicker than GooGone.

Berton, Feb 1, 2016
  13. Word Man Win User

*Eek Yeah, my hair smoked a bit on the acetone suggestion but thought I'd stew on it before commenting - @nigelmercier good on you.

Often, in a "touchy" situation, I'll start with extra virgin olive oil. You may be surprised how effective it can be, especially on vegetable gum based and certain organic based adhesives.

Word Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sticker Residue, What Is It? - Similar Threads - Sticker Residue

2. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  3. Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate the OEM Sticker license after replacing the Motherboard: Hello,I purchased a Windows 7 Pro license in the form of a sticker and installed it on my computer. However, now the motherboard of the computer is damaged, and I replaced it with a similar one same model. Can I use the sticker for the damaged motherboard to activate the new...
  4. Why does the sticker on my pc say I have 16gb ram installed but it has only 6gb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the sticker on my pc say I have 16gb ram installed but it has only 6gb?: Is this a glitch or did I just buy a knock off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-sticker-on-my-pc-say-i-have-16gb-ram/d90e6554-523d-471c-a2fc-75de716f884d
  5. Why does the sticker on my pc say I have 16gb ram installed but it has only 6gb?

Why does the sticker on my pc say I have 16gb ram installed but it has only 6gb?: Is this a glitch or did I just buy a knock off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-sticker-on-my-pc-say-i-have-16gb-ram/d90e6554-523d-471c-a2fc-75de716f884d
  6. Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker: Whenever I use the magic select tool and make a sticker, it doesnt show up on the right and then immediately crashes, Ive tried resetting, repairing, uninstalling, literally nothing fixes it, and no other app I know has a cropping option as easy to use as magic select, so...
  7. Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker

Paint 3d crashing when trying to make a sticker: Whenever I use the magic select tool and make a sticker, it doesnt show up on the right and then immediately crashes, Ive tried resetting, repairing, uninstalling, literally nothing fixes it, and no other app I know has a cropping option as easy to use as magic select, so...
  8. Unable to read Windows 7 product key sticker

Unable to read Windows 7 product key sticker: Hello,i have HP Pavilion DV6 notebook with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, recently my hard disk failed to start.I also realized that my sticker with product key is teared and i have only first 10 signs my product key. Could You help me recreate my product key...
  9. Unable to read Windows 7 product key sticker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to read Windows 7 product key sticker: Hello,i have HP Pavilion DV6 notebook with preinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, recently my hard disk failed to start.I also realized that my sticker with product key is teared and i have only first 10 signs my product key. Could You help me recreate my product key...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 either having physical sticker of windows 7 on the CPU...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 either having physical sticker of windows 7 on the CPU...: As we procure All Desktops/ Laptops [Hardware’s with OS]. We have several Desktops / Laptops with Windows 7 OS that needs to be upgraded to Windows 10. After verifying the compatibility, we have carried out one drive to test check the installation & activation of Windows 10...