Windows 10: Sticky Notes Backup?

Discus and support Sticky Notes Backup? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tend to have a lot of Sticky Notes. Is there a way to back them up? Maybe to a Document file? Or, anywhere else? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AngieJane, Aug 10, 2018.

1. AngieJane Win User

Sticky Notes Backup?

I tend to have a lot of Sticky Notes. Is there a way to back them up? Maybe to a Document file? Or, anywhere else?

Thanks

:)

AngieJane, Aug 10, 2018

2. Sticky Notes Backup / Restore

Hello,

To back up and restore notes from Sticky Notes app in Windows 10, we'll have to specify which version of Windows are you using. Here's a simple guide on how to check the build and version of your PC:

• Press the Windows button + R.
    • Type winver.

Once we're able to determine your PC's build and version, follow the steps below to locate the storage files of Sticky Notes and create a backup:

• Open File Explorer, click the View tab.
    • Select Show/hide option then check the Hidden items box.
    • To find the Sticky Notes storage folder, copy and paste the location below into your File Explorer's address bar.
      username is the name of your actual user account.
    • For build 1607 or later: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Package\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\
    From there, you can copy everything and paste it to the backup folder.

• For anything lower than build 1607: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\
    You will only see a single file: StickyNotes.snt. You can copy and paste it to the backup folder.

To restore the files to Sticky Notes, make sure the Sticky Notes app is closed. Locate the same folder we pointed you to above and copy all your backed up files there, overwriting whatever’s there currently. When you launch Sticky Notes again, the notes
    you backed up previously should pop up.

Please be reminded that notes in the desktop and Store app versions of Sticky Notes aren’t compatible. You won’t be able to copy notes from a PC running Windows 7 to a PC running Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

Should there be anything else, do let us know.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Sticky Notes Backup?

sticky notes

Was this the WIndows 10 Upgrade from WIndows 7, 8 or 8.1?

Check now for a C:\Windows.old folder that is created during an Upgrade. If that folder is found, you can

Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 10
    and then follow the steps here:

• To backup sticky notes in Windows 10/8.1/8/7:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in the windows.old folder Search box.

STEP 2. Copy StickyNotes.snt to a safe location.

• To restore sticky notes:
    STEP 1. Type %AppData%\Microsoft\Sticky Notes in start menu search box or run and press Enter.

STEP 2. Copy the StickyNotes.snt file from your backup folder and paste it in the folder that opens. Agree to overwrite the old file, or delete it first before copying. If it balks then install and use the

Take Ownership Shortcut
    on the folder so you can replace the .snt file.

If you don't have Windows.old folder, do you have a backup image of your old install which we can help you mount to browse into the old files?

If not then your notes may be lost. In the future use Notepad or Wordpad which can more easily save Files to your Documents, or back up the Sticky Notes file regularly following the above.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Sticky Notes Backup?

1. Sticky Notes Backup? - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Backup

2. Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes: Some users have faced this issue that when after opening the Sticky Notes app, the app doesn’t show or load the Sticky Notes list that contains all the notes stored by users. It just stuck there and closing and re-opening the app doesn’t help. If after launching Sticky Notes,...
  3. Sticky notes backup does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky notes backup does not work: Hi experts, Please help me with the issue about backup StickyNotes I replaced all the files in folder %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState with my old files copied from old laptop; however, sticky notes opened just blank notes,...
  4. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  5. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  6. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  7. Sticky Notes backup/restore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sticky Notes backup/restore: Hi. Has anyone been backing up and restoring Sticky Notes moder app from Windows 10 1709 to Windows 10 1809? Sticky Notes from version 2.1.18.0 to Sticky Notes version 3.1.46.0. I am unable to restore data. Copy whole Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState...
  8. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  9. 'Sticky Notes'

'Sticky Notes': Anybody still use Windows Desktop 'Sticky Notes'? 4168
  10. Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sticky notes 2.1.18.0 file location

2. sticky notes 2.1.18.0 storage

3. stickynotes backup 1809