Windows 10: Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

Discus and support Sticky Notes - Saving the notes? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfred001, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Sticky Notes - Saving the notes?

I've taken to using Sticky Notes recently and love them, but today I've had them crash on me for the first time and I lost some of the notes.

I'm wondering, is there some kind of modified version or something that would allow saving the notes?

I don't mean saving them to some particular destination as a file, but just saving the current notes so that if a crash happens those would be the ones that are restored, rather than what happened to me which is that what was restored was the notes I had the last time Sticky Notes closed properly.

:)

Alfred001, Feb 20, 2017

2. Transfer Sticky Notes snt file to new PC with win 10 1607

Where Sticky Notes are saved in Windows 10 1607 - Stack Overflow:

Where Sticky Notes are saved in Windows 10 1607

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 20, 2017
  3. JackPlatt Win User
    How to Save and Print Stickey Notes

How to Save and Print Sticky Notes

Using Windows Sticky Notes and the Snipping Tool

Windows has a feature that a lot of people may not use often called Sticky Notes. As the name implies, Sticky Notes can be used as quick post-it reminders where users could put them on a table or on a refrigerator to remind them of things.

Windows by default puts sticky notes on the Desktop. They have been around since Windows 7 and are offered in Windows 7, 8/8.1 and 10. Not sure if they were in other versions.

Coordinating with Sticky Notes, is the Windows Snipping Tool, which allows users to crop off any image of the screen from a screenshot and you can save the image, and/or print it.

How to Print and Save Sticky Notes:

Do a search for Sticky Notes in your computer's search box if you don't see Sticky Notes in your Start Menu.

Open the note and write something. You can enlarge the note by moving the sliders like any other Window to write more content. The note is now on your desktop. If you add new notes by clicking the + sign, the new note stays next to the old note, it is
    not deleted unless you click on the X for each note and answer yes to deleting the note in the confirmation message.

Search for Windows Snipping Tool in your Search box again.

Find the snipping tool and open it.

You have several options for snipping, for this example, click on the arrow next to New and select "Window Snap."
    Next, just go your Sticky Notes you want to snip away the background. Just touch the any area where the perimeter of the window would be located. Note that had we used the default Rectangular Snip, we would have to draw a box around the area, and that
    can be a problem for some people.
    You can save the Snip to a location on your computer as an HTML. PNG, or JPEG file.
    After saving the snip, you can go to the file, open it up and print the note using your conventional printer software, or the tools in Windows.
    Once printed, you can cut down the size of the page for conveyance. This will make the use of Sticky Notes more useful. Hope this helps!

Jack

JackPlatt, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 20, 2017
  5. Just an observation, I have Sticky notes on my W7 & my W10 computers. Stickynote.exe was listed in many recent crashes on my W7 machine and for the last 2 weeks, there are failures in Reliability Monitor on my W10 computer saying that Sticky Notes has failed to update ( this all happened after the 1607 upgrade ).
    So I went here Stickies and downloaded Stickies. It's a small program and it is way better than MS Sticky Notes. I put it on my W7 & W10 computers and it works great and is free.

CADesertRat, Feb 20, 2017
  6. That looks interesting. Thanks!

Cornishman, Feb 20, 2017
  7. Your welcome

CADesertRat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sticky Notes - Saving the notes? - Similar Threads - Sticky Notes Saving

2. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  3. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  4. Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes: Some users have faced this issue that when after opening the Sticky Notes app, the app doesn’t show or load the Sticky Notes list that contains all the notes stored by users. It just stuck there and closing and re-opening the app doesn’t help. If after launching Sticky Notes,...
  5. Sticky Note "Notes List"

Sticky Note "Notes List": I opened up my computer after a recent software update and now the sticky note "notes list" is a blank, white, note. I have rebooted my computer multiple times. The notes I had open the day of the update are on my computer and still open. Any closed notes are now in this...
  6. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  7. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  8. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  9. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  10. 'Sticky Notes'

'Sticky Notes': Anybody still use Windows Desktop 'Sticky Notes'? 4168