Windows 10: still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account

Discus and support still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , I'm very happy with the new Windows , really like it ! My PC is super fast now , my 7 was way more sleepy ! My only problem has been the same for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Myrtille, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Myrtille Win User

still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account

Hi , I'm very happy with the new Windows , really like it ! My PC is super fast now , my 7 was way more sleepy !
    My only problem has been the same for weeks , no new Builds ever corrected this , every time I want to create a User Session linked to a MS Account I get the infamous 'critical error in infrastructur host ...' which impact the Start Menu and Cortana and totally block the Session
    I tried to create new MS Accounts with new emails but nothing ever worked
    I obviously can work with my Administrator Session which is not linked to a MS Account , but the everlasting error prevents me to use Cortana ( I was looking forward to play with it ) and to do a lot of other stuff
    If anybody has found out something to get rid of this highly annoying Error one and for once , thank you so much for letting me know !
    I must add that I tried everything that I've been able to find around the Internet and nothing worked ...... I'm starting to get moody here !
    Have a good day everyone

:)

Myrtille, Aug 10, 2015
  2. ali wehbe Win User

Critical Error on startup

Hello,

Every time I start my Windows 10 on microsoft account I get "Critical error in the Shell Infrastructure Host, it says "Start Menu, Cortana, and some apps may not be available. Please save your work and sign-out to recover" and can't
    do nothing but sign out.

But If I start my windows using the local account, everything works just fine.

Thank you

ali wehbe, Aug 10, 2015
  3. RCUP Win User
    Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host error message when logging into Gues user account in Windows 10.

Original Title: Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host

Hi

I have created a guest account in Windows 10 and after it was created, I tried logging in with the Guest Account.

When I login, I get a dialog window saying Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host . I press the close button. It closes for a second and then reappears again. I press the close button again. The dialog box appears about 2-3 times where I press the
    close button again. Then suddenly, it freezes and I get a blank screen.

The only way I can exit out of the blank screen is by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and switching to another user which is working fine.

As an administrator user, I have tried running:

sfc/scannnow

That didn't seem to have worked as it said it couldn't repair corrupt files.

Any help would be appreciated in solving this issue with my guest account.

Thema:

still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account

1. still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account - Similar Threads - still 'critical error

2. Shell Infrastructure Host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Infrastructure Host: Hello Microsoft. I have been having a problem lately with the Shell Infrastructure Host file, which takes up a lot of CPU while the computer is resting and does no action, why is that so ..? And why is this problem not addressed ..? I see a lot of people have written to you...
  3. Shell Infrastructure Host

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell Infrastructure Host: Hello Microsoft. I have been having a problem lately with the Shell Infrastructure Host file, which takes up a lot of CPU while the computer is resting and does no action, why is that so ..? And why is this problem not addressed ..? I see a lot of people have written to you...
  4. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  5. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10: For over a day now, the Shell Infrastructure Host service is using around 50% of my CPU - causing the fan on my laptop to run constantly. I am running Windows 10 Professional on a Thinkpad T460P with an Intel i5-6440 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and a Samsung 1 TB SSD. I have confirmed...
  6. Shell Infrastructure Host using ~50% of CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM

Shell Infrastructure Host is using too much RAM: From one of the lasts updates of W10, The Shell Infrastructure Host is using more and more RAM for each pictures opened, look like each pictures add ~40 to ~60 Mo in the memory tab in the task manager, and the thing is that it's keeping it utile i restart my pc. idk if it's...
  8. Shell Infrastructure Host Crashing PC

Shell Infrastructure Host Crashing PC: Good day, everyone. I have been running into a lot of problems with PC performance and applications crashing lately, and what I've noticed is that there is constant high RAM and CPU usage by these two applications: [ATTACH] These often cause a lot of issues and...
  9. Shell Infrastructure Host Stopped Working and Suspended in Guest Account

Shell Infrastructure Host Stopped Working and Suspended in Guest Account: Hi, so I searched everywhere and the answer always same, "Re-install VC redist packages" or doing "sfc /scannow" but particularly both of those method doesn't work. I need to set Guest account with limited privilages, but as soon as I logged in I got error message says "Shell...
  10. Windows defender blocking Shell Infrastructure host

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocking Shell Infrastructure host: Why would windows defender want to block features of this Is it safe to allow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blocking-shell-infrastructure/6b3bda38-a76a-44a0-a673-d400ca318a26"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shell infrastructure host