Windows 10: still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account

Discus and support still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , I'm very happy with the new Windows , really like it ! My PC is super fast now , my 7 was way more sleepy ! My only problem has been the same for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Myrtille, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Myrtille Win User

still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account

Hi , I'm very happy with the new Windows , really like it ! My PC is super fast now , my 7 was way more sleepy !
    My only problem has been the same for weeks , no new Builds ever corrected this , every time I want to create a User Session linked to a MS Account I get the infamous 'critical error in infrastructur host ...' which impact the Start Menu and Cortana and totally block the Session
    I tried to create new MS Accounts with new emails but nothing ever worked
    I obviously can work with my Administrator Session which is not linked to a MS Account , but the everlasting error prevents me to use Cortana ( I was looking forward to play with it ) and to do a lot of other stuff
    If anybody has found out something to get rid of this highly annoying Error one and for once , thank you so much for letting me know !
    I must add that I tried everything that I've been able to find around the Internet and nothing worked ...... I'm starting to get moody here !
    Have a good day everyone

:)

Myrtille, Aug 10, 2015
  2. ali wehbe Win User

Critical Error on startup

Hello,

Every time I start my Windows 10 on microsoft account I get "Critical error in the Shell Infrastructure Host, it says "Start Menu, Cortana, and some apps may not be available. Please save your work and sign-out to recover" and can't
    do nothing but sign out.

But If I start my windows using the local account, everything works just fine.

Thank you

ali wehbe, Aug 10, 2015
  3. RCUP Win User
    Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host error message when logging into Gues user account in Windows 10.

Original Title: Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host

Hi

I have created a guest account in Windows 10 and after it was created, I tried logging in with the Guest Account.

When I login, I get a dialog window saying Critical Error in the shell infrastructure host . I press the close button. It closes for a second and then reappears again. I press the close button again. The dialog box appears about 2-3 times where I press the
    close button again. Then suddenly, it freezes and I get a blank screen.

The only way I can exit out of the blank screen is by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and switching to another user which is working fine.

As an administrator user, I have tried running:

sfc/scannnow

That didn't seem to have worked as it said it couldn't repair corrupt files.

Any help would be appreciated in solving this issue with my guest account.

Thema:

still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account

1. still get 'critical error in infrastructur host' using a MS account - Similar Threads - still 'critical error

2. Shell Infrastructure Host Stopped Working and Suspended in Guest Account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shell Infrastructure Host Stopped Working and Suspended in Guest Account: Hi, so I searched everywhere and the answer always same, "Re-install VC redist packages" or doing "sfc /scannow" but particularly both of those method doesn't work. I need to set Guest account with limited privilages, but as soon as I logged in I got error message says "Shell...
  3. getting critical errors! random restarts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting critical errors! random restarts.: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. and Pre-registration for 'Microsoft.HEIFImageExtension_1.0.13472.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe' failed. (Error: The system...
  4. Windows defender blocking Shell Infrastructure host

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocking Shell Infrastructure host: Why would windows defender want to block features of this Is it safe to allow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blocking-shell-infrastructure/6b3bda38-a76a-44a0-a673-d400ca318a26"
  5. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage: Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it),...
  6. Using Local and MS accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  7. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...
  8. Using a MS Account Questions

Using a MS Account Questions: Currently, I have a Standard User account meaning a NON-Microsoft Account. I am thinking about creating a MS Account just for storing my BitLocker recovery keys, but also, thinking to use it as my main primary account. Two questions relating to this: 1. If in case I...
  9. Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?: I run my W10 computer using a local account. I want to avoid using a MS account and don't have one set up one the computer at this time. My local account is the only account. That being said, I was interested in installing a couple of apps from the app store. However, it...
  10. RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage

in Windows 10 Support
    RuntimeBroker (now Shell Infrastructure Host) high RAM usage: Some time ago I noticed that if I start opening images using the default Photos application of Windows 10 from a folder that contains a lot of them (I then created on another notebook a folder with 32000 of random PNG an JPG images of around 1000*1000 resolution to test it),...