Windows 10: Still getting popups for Chromium malware

Discus and support Still getting popups for Chromium malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you look at my previous threads I started, I'm still getting malware about installing Chromium browser. It's not a legitimate popup. I thought I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pjmcguirk85, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Still getting popups for Chromium malware

If you look at my previous threads I started, I'm still getting malware about installing Chromium browser. It's not a legitimate popup. I thought I deleted the software and I ran all my antiviruses. Here are some screenshots. The one is a screenshot of the popup. The other is a screenshot of the process in task manager, and the third is what pops up when I click OK on the popup. Any help? UPDATE: I know mshta.exe is a legitimate process because I Googled it. But I don't know why it is popping up. Do I need to delete it?
    Still getting popups for Chromium malware [​IMG]

:)

pjmcguirk85, Oct 21, 2017
  2. TimmLash Win User

Trying to uninstall Chromium

I am trying to uninstall Chromium and I get the message unable to uninstall due to Chrome windows still being open but I have closed everything down in order to uninstall the application. I am trying to uninstall Chromium and Chrome. I didn't realize
    Chromium was part of a WinZip download now I have popups replicating etc.

TimmLash, Oct 21, 2017
  3. chromium browser

The question may not have been asked properly. There is a popup malware window advertising an automatic update for Chromium browser (not Chrome) and either the Yahoo or Bing search bar. I have the same problem. The only way to delete the popup window
    is through Task Manager. However, it periodically pops up again. Windows Defender does not get rid of it. CCleaner is also not effective against it. I would like to find the root program so I can delete it, as it is very annoying. Any help you might provide
    would be appreciated.

bfatzinger, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Still getting popups for Chromium malware

From your Firewall block mshta.exe file from inbound and outbound internet connections.

FreeBooter, Oct 21, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Where did you download Chromium from? Why are you using Chromium rather than Chrome stable?

What other anti virus are you using other than MBM?

swarfega, Oct 21, 2017
  6. I don't use Chromium. This popped up after my nephew downloaded some teamspeak thing called discord. He's 10 and he downloads things. I use Avast free and the paid version of MBM

pjmcguirk85, Oct 30, 2017
  7. I just did that and I'm going to delete mshta

pjmcguirk85, Oct 30, 2017
  8. torre Win User

Still getting popups for Chromium malware

torre, Oct 31, 2017
  9. Windows Script Host (WSH) is usually responsible for executing random stuff, you can block it like this:
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings" /v "Enabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f[/quote] I have actually that executable blocked, because it is commonly used by scripting malware.
    Note, this only blocks it for the current user, if it is run by system, it will still be executed.
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "DisallowRun" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun" /v "1" /t REG_SZ /d "mshta.exe" /f[/quote] There is also this multipurpose beauty, since the default popup blocker sucks these days anyway.

Pop up blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker - Chrome Web Store

TairikuOkami, Oct 31, 2017
  10. I have actually that executable blocked, because it is commonly used by scripting malware.
    Note, this only blocks it for the current user, if it is run by system, it will still be executed.
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "DisallowRun" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun" /v "1" /t REG_SZ /d "mshta.exe" /f[/quote] There is also this multipurpose beauty, since the default popup blocker sucks these days anyway.

Pop up blocker for Chromeâ„¢ - Poper Blocker - Chrome Web Store[/quote] I just ran these command lines and let's see what happens.

pjmcguirk85, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Still getting popups for Chromium malware

1. Still getting popups for Chromium malware - Similar Threads - Still getting popups

2. Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2: Split from this thread. I also have the same problem sir. Can you help me with it please?Here are my files sirhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z565BC9y-HcAan9ESjiYJRmKQYChISXZ?usp=sharing...
  3. Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2: Split from this thread. I also have the same problem sir. Can you help me with it please?Here are my files sirhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z565BC9y-HcAan9ESjiYJRmKQYChISXZ?usp=sharing...
  4. Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2: Hello everyone.I'm having the same problem as this user : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-popup-frst-logs-attached/845b808e-4257-434d-8cc7-60cee3eafdc3One of my user have a pop up opening every 15-20 minutes trying to open "agile2.vbs" in this...
  5. Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware popup ypsx_cloud_v2: Hello everyone.I'm having the same problem as this user : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-popup-frst-logs-attached/845b808e-4257-434d-8cc7-60cee3eafdc3One of my user have a pop up opening every 15-20 minutes trying to open "agile2.vbs" in this...
  6. greatcaptchanow.top? Annoying popups but no malware detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    greatcaptchanow.top? Annoying popups but no malware detected: I keep getting popups with a wide array of warnings, some with bad grammar, telling me to click here, etc. The bad grammar convinces me these are not legit messages.My system: Windows 11, 64-bitI ran MS Safety Scanner 64-bit. No malware was detected. I would appreciate any...
  7. Chrome Popup malware??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Popup malware??: There are popups in the lower right hand of my computer that popup while I'm on the computer. I've already disabled the popups in the settings of chrome. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like. Any suggestions? [IMG]...
  8. Chromium Malware

Chromium Malware: hi, Ive been having some issue with this malware of my pc if anyone can help that would be amazing. Ive tried multiple things be i can seem to get rid of it, obviously this is a concern as its got access to all my data. (Windows 10) [IMG]im unable to deleted these...
  9. Rogue Bundle Malware (Chromium) WINDOWS 10

Rogue Bundle Malware (Chromium) WINDOWS 10: Hi, I have recently downloaded this ‘safe’ program and without thinking have inaccidently installed some form of malware onto my PC The malware which uses Chromium is slowing down my computer hugely and will not enable me to close Chromium programs nor delete or unistall...
  10. Turned off action center, still getting popups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Turned off action center, still getting popups?: Followed this, Action Center - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Action center is gone, but I am still getting "Turn on Windows Firewall" and other such popups that seem to originate from the action center? How do I turn these off as well? 61286

Users found this page by searching for:

1. other names fort chromium malware