Windows 10: Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th

Discus and support Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was under the impression that the new update was coming out on the 17th. I'm still running W10, version 1703. Should I continue waiting or should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mr Ed, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th

I was under the impression that the new update was coming out on the 17th. I'm still running W10, version 1703. Should I continue waiting or should I manually download it? Thanks...Ed

:)

Mr Ed, Oct 19, 2017

2. Will I still receive cumulative updates?

Since I haven't received the fall update via Windows Update yet, will I still receive cumulative updates for version 10240? I'm slightly concerned if Microsoft has stopped supporting that version.

8abddd39-6c51-495f-a16c-44c91d94c117, Oct 19, 2017
  3. eliasova Win User
    Nokia 2710 - MANUAL SETUP for Email client not possible????

Did you already solved the issue? On my Nokia 2710 is still not possible to configure an email account manually. Last try on Oct 19th and still not working. Only message "service currently not available" again and again.

I hate Nokia more and more...

eliasova, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th

Neither of my two systems have been notified. Which is amazing, because each of the last 2 updates, my desktop system always got hit the day after the major Update was announced.

If you want you can get the update via windows update assistant, you can get it here -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10 It downloads a small program and then all you need to do is run it.

Works Great !

storageman, Oct 19, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Microsoft stagger new releases on Windows Update. It has been known for users to get the update months after release. If you want to get it sooner than on WU, consider using Update assistant or the Media Creation Tool.

swarfega, Oct 19, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    That depends - if you want to check everyday to see if you got it for what could be the next six months - and likely have Microsoft push it to you via Windows update at the worst possible time, and be more likely to fail when it does push because Windows Update has historically proven to be the most unreliable way to update, then wait for it.

If you want to be in total control of when it is installed, have a better chance of success and you get to choose when, then do the manual download. And I would suggest doing a system image backup first.

NavyLCDR, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 19, 2017
  8. davidhk Win User

It is a lot simpler and less time consuming by using Media Creation Tool
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/soft...load/windows10

Click the Update Now button.
    That will enable the Update Assistant which will check if your device is ready to update.
    If approved, it will start downloading and installing.
    Just follow the prompts.

*** I did that on my Surface Pro1 running 1703, and installation went smoothly. ***

davidhk, Oct 19, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    You know you recommended two different methods, right? The Update Now button is not the Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Oct 19, 2017
  10. davidhk Win User
    The Update Now is on the Media Creation Tool link.

Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 19, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, but the "Update now" button is for the "Windows 10 Update Assistant" instead.

The "Download tool now" button is for MCT.

Brink, Oct 19, 2017
  12. davidhk Win User
    Maybe I did not use my English correctly as it is my 3rd language.
    But what I was saying is to use the MCT link and select the Update Now button.
    I did not say Download Tool Now button.
    That was how I did it on my Surface Pro1.

davidhk, Oct 19, 2017
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

I understood.

It's just that referring to it as the MCT link instead of the Microsoft "Software download" link might confuse some to use MCT by mistake instead of the Update Assistant to upgrade.

Just technicalities. *Smile

Brink, Oct 19, 2017
  14. Mr Ed Win User
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll follow your suggestions. BTW, is there any benefit in waiting to download the update, giving it time for any bugs to be worked out?

Mr Ed, Oct 19, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have never seen any benefit in waiting.

NavyLCDR, Oct 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th - Similar Threads - Still Haven't Received

2. Haven't received Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Haven't received Windows 11 update: Hi,I still haven't received the Windows 11 update when my PC meets all of the requirements needed for the OS.I'm not too sure why I haven't received it.Was hoping to find some help on the issue.Tried to insert a screenshot of Windows update but it keeps failing to...
  3. Haven't received Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Haven't received Windows 11 update: Hi,I still haven't received the Windows 11 update when my PC meets all of the requirements needed for the OS.I'm not too sure why I haven't received it.Was hoping to find some help on the issue.Tried to insert a screenshot of Windows update but it keeps failing to...
  4. Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019: Both my PC and Laptop (both Hewlett Packard) have not received the 1809 update even if I manually click Check for Updates. I currently have version 1803. Has anyone else still not received this update yet? I know I can download and install it but am apprehensive to do so....
  5. Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019: Both my PC and Laptop (both Hewlett Packard) have not received the 1809 update even if I manually click Check for Updates. I currently have version 1803. Has anyone else still not received this update yet? I know I can download and install it but am apprehensive to do so....
  6. Still haven't received Windows 10 1809 Update via Windows Update

Still haven't received Windows 10 1809 Update via Windows Update: I still haven't received the new update via Windows Update and I don't want to manually download it from Microsoft. Also, I ran across this article, Windows 10 graphics: Intel unveils new 'modern' drivers for 1809 and beyond | ZDNet, today. Is this why my PC's haven't...
  7. installtion of fall creator update in lumia 640 on 19th jully 2018

installtion of fall creator update in lumia 640 on 19th jully 2018: durring the installtion of fall creator update in lumia 640 dvice getting error of correct date and time and when i change the month . instead of 19th jully 2018 i make 19th may 2018 then device start the downloading of fall creator update....
  8. Still haven't received November's big update.

Still haven't received November's big update.: Other machines are all updated but this computer is not seeing it. Thanks SD 33299
  9. Still haven't received KB4056892

Still haven't received KB4056892: I'm running Win10 1709 but KB4056892 has not yet been installed. My PC has been on more often than not over the past several days. I only run Windows Defender, and when I checked just now, the cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc registry value was already there and set to 0....
  10. Oct 17 Creators Fall update

Oct 17 Creators Fall update: Why is the Fall Creators update coming on Sunday instead of Tuesday? I still haven't received the April Creators update. Will Fall update skip the April update? Just curious. 93550