Windows 10: Still haven't received KB4056892

Discus and support Still haven't received KB4056892 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm running Win10 1709 but KB4056892 has not yet been installed. My PC has been on more often than not over the past several days. I only run Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by meh, Jan 6, 2018.

1. MEH
    meh Win User

Still haven't received KB4056892

I'm running Win10 1709 but KB4056892 has not yet been installed. My PC has been on more often than not over the past several days. I only run Windows Defender, and when I checked just now, the cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc registry value was already there and set to 0.

Manually checking for updates returns nothing. I know I can manually download this update, but I don't want to do that for various reasons.

Any ideas why I would not have received KB4056892 ?

:)

2. KB 4056892

Sometimes, it takes up to 24 hours for it to properly propagate and rollout.

In the mean time, you can download it manually from the Microsoft Update catalog:

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search....

Mine haven't received it either.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 6, 2018
  3. Still Haven't Received November 2015 Update

Alex

Please restart your computer, allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading further information so that the impact of making changes can become apparent.

Please provide an updated copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode. If the report is in a
    language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your One Drive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

Gerry C J Cornell, Jan 6, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you run the Windows Update Troubleshooter?

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2018
  5. MEH
    meh Win User
    I had not run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. I just ran it, and it suggested that there were pending updates--or that I needed to check for pending updates (both versions of that verbiage were presented, although it makes no sense). I applied the "fix", but afterward, Windows Update still shows "Your device is up to date". It showed a "last checked" time from a minute prior. And no new updates had been installed.

I rebooted yesterday.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I seem to recall missing a cumulative update now and then on some computers and the next cumulative update would install just fine. I would wait until you miss two in a row to start seriously investigating.

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2018
  7. MEH
    meh Win User
    I waited for today's monthly updates, hoping I'd get KB4056892 then. Nope. So I downloaded and installed it manually. It didn't tell me I didn't need it or couldn't install it, so I assume it should have installed automatically.

Hopefully, I didn't just overwrite newer files with older ones.

My BIOS is 5 years old, so I'm sure I'm still naked in the woods. I love it.

Thema:

1. Still haven't received KB4056892 - Similar Threads - Still haven't received

2. Haven't received reply

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Haven't received reply: I am resending this chat since I started it at 6:10 and haven't heard anything back since 6:18 and I have been messaging since then till 6:35 to get a reply. Did Technical Service team receive all my info. Haven't seen any reply. Sorry if I am pushy by am 75 and have a...
  3. Haven't received reply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Haven't received reply: I am resending this chat since I started it at 6:10 and haven't heard anything back since 6:18 and I have been messaging since then till 6:35 to get a reply. Did Technical Service team receive all my info. Haven't seen any reply. Sorry if I am pushy by am 75 and have a...
  4. Haven't received reply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019: Both my PC and Laptop (both Hewlett Packard) have not received the 1809 update even if I manually click Check for Updates. I currently have version 1803. Has anyone else still not received this update yet? I know I can download and install it but am apprehensive to do so....
  6. Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Still haven't received 1809 update as of 1/23/2019: Both my PC and Laptop (both Hewlett Packard) have not received the 1809 update even if I manually click Check for Updates. I currently have version 1803. Has anyone else still not received this update yet? I know I can download and install it but am apprehensive to do so....
  7. Still haven't received November's big update.

Still haven't received November's big update.: Other machines are all updated but this computer is not seeing it. Thanks SD 33299
  8. failed to install KB4056892

failed to install KB4056892: I have a Elitebook 2560p and I have a clean install of Windows 10 on it (not officially supported by HP but it works fine without third party driver apart the ones that Windows auto download from Windows update). I have a problem with KB4056892 it fails with the error code...
  9. Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th

Still Haven't Received Fall Update and it's Oct 19th: I was under the impression that the new update was coming out on the 17th. I'm still running W10, version 1703. Should I continue waiting or should I manually download it? Thanks...Ed 95936
  10. KB4056892 Still Received and Bricked an Old AMD PC

KB4056892 Still Received and Bricked an Old AMD PC: I just fired up an old AMD Athlon 64 X2 PC running the latest version of Windows 10. I was surprised Windows 10 showed an update to KB4056892 which I thought had been blocked. I let the update run anyway (since another PC ran an Automatic repair OK) and the PC hung on...
Tags: