Windows 10: Still having update issues

Discus and support Still having update issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Very cool. Thanks for posting your results and solution. If you could mark thread solved it will help others find it. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Still having update issues

Very cool. Thanks for posting your results and solution.

If you could mark thread solved it will help others find it.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
  2. bha19 Win User

On my taskbar there is a shield with a red X in it, I believe this is Defender. Anyhow, it tells me to open settings and when I do it says "Your device is at risk because it's out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let's get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" What can I do now since I have already restarted several times. I posted in a thread a while back that I was having update issues A question about service updates - Windows 10 Forums if you want to read it.

:)

bha19, Apr 14, 2018
  3. Still having issues with 0x80070490

Hi Donald,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

It seems like this issue is causing due to corrupted or outdated display drivers. I suggest you to install the latest display drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website and check if this helps.

Initially, uninstall the driver from device manager.

Press Windows Key + X key and click
    Device Manager

Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

4. Now, install the downloaded display driver manually and check.

If the issue still persists, download the display drivers for lower version (Windows 8/8.1) and install it in a compatibility mode and check.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Kindly get back to us with the status of the issue to assist to further.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Still having update issues

Still having issues with 0x80070490

So far it has only shown up when trying to load games.

DonaldBuckles, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Hi bla19

Just so we know, what build are you on? (We saw from other thread you are 1709. Looking for build.)

Windows key + R, type winver, enter

Are you running any other AV (McAfee, Norton, Avast etc.)?

You didn't fill in any specs, what device do you have?

My next step would be to reset Window Updates.

Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

After it is done ensure you restart computer (not shutdown).

My next suggestion would be an inplace repair / upgrade. Let's see if Update reset works.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2018
  6. bha19 Win User
    build number (os build 16299.192). If this is not up to date then I will retry to reset update which I did last time. Also I run Norton and Malwarebytes anti malware. Today defender said virus and threat protection has stopped click to restart so I did, but Norton and Malwarebytes were still green to go. This was before I checked settings to see that error update error.

bha19, Apr 15, 2018
  7. 16299.371 is the up to date current version of Windows 10.

Access Denied, Apr 15, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

Still having update issues

Seems you're not alone in getting stuck at 16299.192. This thread had the same problem...
    Windows Update Alert
    ...Resetting windows update didn't help, but do try that first. A fix was finally found here.

9. bha19 Win User
    I tried almost everything including reset update and then I think I fix my problem thanks to the advice above.
    "My next suggestion would be an inplace repair / upgrade. Let's see if Update reset works."
    When I did the repair it installed the fall version of Windows 10. It then said check for updates which I did overnight. It then said update failed retry. When I hit retry it successfully updated and I am now on version 1079 (os build 16299.371).

Thanks for all the help

bha19, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

Still having update issues

1. Still having update issues - Similar Threads - Still having update

2. I am STILL having the issue with Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am STILL having the issue with Windows 10 Update Error0x80070643: - - it's been months for MS to fix this. How much longer do you need...how many users need to I.D. this problem? I am a home user and count on YOU to do the scripts, et all. THANK YOU. How soon???...
  3. remote desktop still having issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remote desktop still having issues: case #1055631526 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-still-having-issues/95fca64e-6e3d-454d-9013-4165f0ecd6a9
  4. remote desktop still having issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remote desktop still having issues: case #1055631526 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-still-having-issues/95fca64e-6e3d-454d-9013-4165f0ecd6a9
  5. remote desktop still having issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows still having issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows still having issues: Recently I bought a new 1TB ssd drive because my windows on my old ssd had bsod and corrupted files that couldn’t be repaired automatically and I have reinstalled windows multiple times on the ssd drive so i thought lets just get a new one and I wanted more storage anyway I...
  7. Windows still having issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows still having issues: Recently I bought a new 1TB ssd drive because my windows on my old ssd had bsod and corrupted files that couldn’t be repaired automatically and I have reinstalled windows multiple times on the ssd drive so i thought lets just get a new one and I wanted more storage anyway I...
  8. Still having audio issues even after the june update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Still having audio issues even after the june update: So, even after the june update, there's still major audio glitches, causing major audio pixellation. Yes, I have realtek drivers. I am using a bluetooth headset, and in the may update, it was known to cause issues with realtek drivers, and with anything bluetooth. So, this...
  9. Still having issues with Update orchestrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Still having issues with Update orchestrator: Windows Update orchestrator is constantly waking me up after I put my computer to sleep. I tried to turn of updates through instructions from another user, but my computer still woke from sleep. I also tried to use task scheduler to keep it from waking my computer, but the...
  10. still having update issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still having update issues: I just activated my windows and my quality updates keep failing thought if I activated it might fix the issue should I try a clean install I've tried windows update troubleshooting steps with no success...