Windows 10: [Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email

Discus and support [Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Jimbo. Except it actually does support IMAP, and brilliantly so. It’s handled much more responsively and dynamically than WLM was ever able to.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by AdHoc, Apr 5, 2018.

1. AdHoc Win User

[Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email

Hi Jimbo.

Except it actually does support IMAP, and brilliantly so. It’s handled much more responsively and dynamically than WLM was ever able to.

But old habits die hard, so for now I will stay with WLM, as long as it doesn’t become too limited in its connectivity.

AdHoc, Apr 5, 2018
  2. AdHoc Win User

Hi,

Since yesterday, Windows Live Mail (WLM) keeps asking for my password ONLY when I try to send an email. This happens ONLY on Outlook.com/Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts. See error below:

[Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email [​IMG]

I didn’t change the configuration/account settings. I am using the IMAP protocol, with SMTP port 587 and SSL encryption.

Retrieving email works fine. I am still able to send emails from the Outlook.com Web interface and from my Android phone using an app called TypeApp.

Similar issue on a Hotmail account still running POP3, except it doesn’t even ask for the password, just doesn’t go past authentication.

Please help! *cry

:)

AdHoc, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Windows live mail on Windows 10?

Hi Mike. My laptop was sent back to the manufacturers for Hard drive repairs on 2 occasions. I saved everything that was important before sending. I have now had it back for 2 week and I am still unable to activate windows live mail. As you can imagine I have
    a large number of emails to get through if and when I can get Windows Live Mail working When clicking on WLM I get the right page to receive but am unable to use it. I have also lost all my contacts. Please help as I have done everything I can possibly
    think of including my email address and password to WLM. Nothing has worked regards Patricia Thomis [with no hair after pulling out]

PatriciaThomis, Apr 8, 2018
  4. cviclark Win User

Mai and Live Mail in Win 10 Emails just disappear and also start button freezes.

Its all gone wrong again My WLM works on my IMAP account but keeps asking for password.

My win 10 Mail gets my IMAP account but now My MS live account has stopped recieving or sending mail on both WLM and Win 10 Mail I get an error code 0x80190194. I have now run all your suggestions should I run scan again?

cviclark, Apr 8, 2018
  5. AdHoc Win User
    Well, I solved it by changing and re-entering the correct connection settings, and then closed and reopened WLM. Sorry for the disturbance.

AdHoc, Apr 8, 2018
  6. AdHoc Win User
    Shit, no, it still does it *Sad

Keeps asking for my password on smtp-mail.outlook.com all the time, even after relaunching WLM.

HALP.

AdHoc, Apr 12, 2018
  7. davidhk Win User
    Suggestions only :

1. Go to Settings > Accounts.
    Right side, are you asked to Verify ? If yes, click it.

2. Not sure exactly what you meant by "relaunching WLM".
    If you meant " uninstall and reinstall", then ignore suggestion below.
    Otherwise, try this.......
    Assuming you got your WLM by installing Windows Essentials 2012.
    Go to Programs and Features > scroll down to Windows Essentials 2012 > right click at it > click Uninstall/Change > click Repair all Windows Essentials programs.............

Hope one of the above can help.

P.S. I suggest you UN-mark your thread. Others might by-pass your thread when they see the green check mark.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2018
  8. AdHoc Win User

Hi David, thanks for your reply. I don’t know how to unmark the thread, I couldn’t find a way to do so.

I am indeed using WLM from Essentials 2012, but I cannot find the "Settings > Accounts" / Verify feature anywhere, see below:

What I meant by relaunch is close and reopen WLM. I tried your solution of reparing Essentials, no dice. There’s not even an error message, so I don’t know why it does this *Sad

AdHoc, Apr 12, 2018
  9. davidhk Win User
    RE : I don’t know how to unmark the thread
    At the top of your thread, click the green Mark Unsolved.

RE : I cannot find the "Settings > Accounts" / Verify
    Left click at the Start button at bottom left of the taskbar > left side, click the "gear" icon which is the Settings icon > click Accounts.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2018
  10. AdHoc Win User
    Thank you for your answer.
    I should have mentioned I use Windows 7... Which is why I use WLM and not Windows Mail.

AdHoc, Apr 12, 2018
  11. davidhk Win User
    You have posted in Windows 10 forum.
    I don't have an useful idea for you at this moment.
    Please kindly wait a bit for other members to come along.

If you want, ........ go to our Sevenforuums.com and post your question there.
    Here is the link : Windows 7 Help Forums

P.S. I am using WLM on my Windows 10 computers. If you upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you can keep using WLM. So far, free UPGRADE from Win 7 to Win 10 is still available although it is supposed to have expired long time ago.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2018
  12. AdHoc Win User
    Ah yeah, right. Cheers!

AdHoc, Apr 12, 2018
  13. davidhk Win User

If you get the matter resolved, please post back the method.
    It can be useful for Win 10 users too.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2018
  14. davidhk Win User
    AdHoc,
    Assuming your Win 7 default browser is Internet Explorer.
    Clear your browser cache.........
    Open your IE > click Tools > click Internet Options > under Browsing History, click Delete > make sure the top 4 entries are checked > click Delete.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2018
  15. AdHoc Win User
    Damn. It works now. I don’t use IE at all, but I still did what you said and now it seems to work.
    I don’t understand how this is even remotely linked to one another. I suppose the IE cache is somehow consulted by WLM?
    So weird!
    But let’s not forget that the problem did resolve itself yesterday, but happened again today. I’ll keep testing it over the weekend to see if it happens again.

Thank you very much David, for your persistence and dedication!

AdHoc, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

1. [Still not working] WLM asks for my password when sending an email - Similar Threads - Still working WLM

2. Can't sign in to Windows. Asks for email then password. This works. Asks for password one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Windows. Asks for email then password. This works. Asks for password one...: Hello :I'm at work using a new PC. I clicked on the Windows Shield icon on taskbar. Account protection has an exclamation point on it. I click sign in.I use my personal email and password as requested. It works. Then it asks for password one more time. And it doesn't work....
  3. Can't sign in to Windows. Asks for email then password. This works. Asks for password one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to Windows. Asks for email then password. This works. Asks for password one...: Hello :I'm at work using a new PC. I clicked on the Windows Shield icon on taskbar. Account protection has an exclamation point on it. I click sign in.I use my personal email and password as requested. It works. Then it asks for password one more time. And it doesn't work....
  4. Upgraded storage but still can't send emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded storage but still can't send emails: I upgraded my storage on outlook, but it still won't let me send an email and says I am lacking storage. When I click on the upgrade tab, it shows my upgrade. What do I do? I have not been able to get ahold of anyone from Microsoft. Thank you!...
  5. Windows 8.1 ... Still asking for password when the option is unchecked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 ... Still asking for password when the option is unchecked: Hey All...This is actual for my elderly mothers computer, who lives far far away. I have to access her computer remotely... In user accounts the box is unchecked for users to enter a username and password to use comptuer, curious as to why it would still ask for a password...
  6. Windows 8.1 ... Still asking for password when the option is unchecked

Windows 8.1 ... Still asking for password when the option is unchecked: Hey All...This is actual for my elderly mothers computer, who lives far far away. I have to access her computer remotely... In user accounts the box is unchecked for users to enter a username and password to use comptuer, curious as to why it would still ask for a password...
  7. Change my email signature in WLM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change my email signature in WLM: how do i change my signature in windows live mail*original title: email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-email-signature-in-wlm/563761dd-cbbe-4397-bf98-456ddb827153
  8. emails not sending when i'm at home, but send when i'm at work

in Windows 10 Customization
    emails not sending when i'm at home, but send when i'm at work: "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large"...
  9. Sending Email - continually get the messages sending or still working on it

Sending Email - continually get the messages sending or still working on it: Since 28 February when I send an email the email is sent to the recipient but accessing the email displays the dots across the top of the screen and I get the message 'sending' or 'working on it'. The email is in sent not the outbox . I cannot reply/reply all or forward...
  10. WLM sending duplicate emails

in Browsers and Email
    WLM sending duplicate emails: When sending emails in WLM set up for IMAP I am getting the following error? The emails remain in the "Outbox" and then when they are fnally sent they are sent two or three times??? Can anyone provide some assistance as to why this is going on all of a sudden? Thanks...