Windows 10: Still some "Sillies" in apps

Discus and support Still some "Sillies" in apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; tp 10122 Weather App search - enter "Merrow" select "Merrow UK" screen shows info for Murrow a village some 150 miles away.*Confused Post code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by besb, May 27, 2015.

1. besb Win User

Still some "Sillies" in apps

tp 10122
    Weather App
    search - enter "Merrow"
    select "Merrow UK"
    screen shows info for Murrow a village some 150 miles away.*Confused
    Post code gets you to the correct destination.
    I trust they will get ironed out over time.
    Anybody else spotting silly bugs but obviously not stoppers.

:)

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, May 27, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, May 27, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

All non trivial software has bugs. That has always been the case and always will be.

LMiller7, May 27, 2015
  5. besb Win User
    No one can disagree with your statement and having used a PC pre windows 2 in 1986 I am well used to this.
    However in my mind the weather app is trivial and the ability to enter a search in a box select the correct answer click to load and then get somewhere different is just plain silly and very basic. Hence the title of the thread.
    off-hand I must have used some 10-20 weather apps/programs over the years and none have had this result.

6. CountMike New Member
    All weather App can pick up is local weather station connected to internet and weather office giving data about exact place. If nobody is sending data about locality, no program, App or whatever can send it to you.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Still some "Sillies" in apps - Similar Threads - Still Sillies apps

2. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...
  3. Some Apps still have old icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Apps still have old icons?: Title says it. For example, my windows 10 still uses the old Settings and Defender icons. Havent the new icons rolled out long time ago? I kinda expected to have them after the 20H2 upgrade but alas, nothing. Is it a bug or are they really not all rolled out yet? Thanks!!...
  4. Silly question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly question: I am used to a MAC - so why when I want to start a new folder, does one pop up inside of the one I am already using? - it causes a lot of confusion and I have lost a few files already - I file photos on a monthly basis and things are in such disorder, it's not funny. I feel...
  5. Silly Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question: I do not see how after for example measure a distance, getting back to how you drag the map around on the screen \Thanks for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silly-question/762362be-9da6-4d1c-829c-9ebd51db9887
  6. Gmail playing silly ***

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail playing silly ***: Today it has been refusing to accept the password, when I try to access via Thunderbird. Therefore I deleted in Google and reinstalled, but still the password was rejected, so I created a new word, and successfully opened in browser. When, however, I configure in...
  7. Maybe a Silly Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Maybe a Silly Question: There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018. Downloads are scheduled to be available sometime tomorrow form the Microsoft website: Download Windows 10 One option that you have is to perform a Windows 10...
  8. This might be silly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This might be silly: Ok so I'm trying to make some modifications to windows, it requires me to reinstall windows completely about 10 times a day or so. I"M SICK OF IT... I really want to have my install media on an SSD, in a second partition. Is this possible(Please don't say "well don't modify...
  9. These could be a silly questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These could be a silly questions: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a couple of spare drives already installed in my desktop. I have had a quick look for the answer to my questions. 1, What is the easiest way to install Windows 10, when it becomes available, onto a spare drive? 2, Is USB more favourable over...
  10. Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot: [img] As you can see from the photo, Windows asks me every time I boot if I want to boot from external USB drives I disconnected 3 months ago. I want Windows to not show this message, and just boot and log in normally. 72046