Windows 10: Still suspicious someone is hacking my internet connection.

Discus and support Still suspicious someone is hacking my internet connection. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I know most of your responses will be along the lines of 'without more information we can't help you' but, since most of my threads get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thelps, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Thelps Win User

Still suspicious someone is hacking my internet connection.

Hi all,

I know most of your responses will be along the lines of 'without more information we can't help you' but, since most of my threads get sidetracked anyway...

Can we just post a whole bunch of ways people can think of to hack someone's internet use and/or control their computer remotely and ways to identify them and/or ensure they can't observe my internet use or control my computer remotely?

This would go a very, very long way to improving my quality of life, productivity, health, wealth and happiness. I don't doubt this thread would then be very, very useful to other browsers of this forum. *Smile

:)

Thelps, Feb 20, 2018
  2. icozan Win User

someone is hacking my internet sharing

Whenever I enable my Internet Sharing to let my friend connect to the internet, it always either 2 or 3 guests connected. We always change the password then guests will be zero then after a while it will show 2-3 again.

tried random letters and passwords, made it longer but they can still connect.

Is there an app that can hack your windows phone 7.5? Is there an app that we can use to block wifi intruders from using my data connection?

Thanks!!

icozan, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Setrah Win User
    someone is hacking my internet sharing

I believe the problem is not because you are using Windows Phone as an access point, but simply because it is using the WPA2 security which is possible to crack by brute-forcing. Unfortunately, you probably got a tech-savvy neighbour who does that. Your
    best bet is probably just creating difficult and very long passwords.

Setrah, Feb 20, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Answering your question would provide others with the ability to do what you fear the most... *Busted

dmholt57, Feb 20, 2018
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Sorry but your request would breach Forum Rules

No discussions of hacking someones system, network, password, etc.

Barman58, Feb 20, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    You could open a command prompt (Admin) and type...

NET SESSIONS /LIST

...to see anything that's connecting to your PC.

7. CountMike New Member
    The router should have a list of devices connected to it's WiFi.

CountMike, Feb 22, 2018
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    when not using system switch off Wifi --better have LAN connection to router and forget Wifi if poss.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 22, 2018
  9. RickC Win User
    I would suggest using Nir Sofer's CurrPorts, enable logging (using Log changes from the File menu) and changing Autorefresh (in the Options menu) from 'Disabled' to 'Every 2 seconds'.

Note that you need to download the version appropriate for the 'bitness' of your OS, i.e. 32-bit or 64-bit (and use 'Run as administrator').

Note also that you need to manually create a text file called cports.log (or use 'Open Log File' from the File menu then close the newly created log file) for logging to take place. (Just a little gotcha. *Smile )

This will give you visual info about the network connections to your computer, the process which made the connection and - from your perspective the most important - the endpoint of any remote connection. You can right-click on any connection and disconnect it immediately. Plus, the log file created will show a history of connections/disconnections.

If you follow the information in the page and add the GeoLite City database info then you'll get additional country/city information.

I used this extensively when I was looking at what connections Win 10 was making from a clean install. (It was illuminating, to say the least.)

Let me know if you want me to attach a pre-configured cports.cfg file with all the changes made. It's just a text file you stick in the same folder as the cports executable.

Alternatively, use a network monitor like GlassWire which will alert you to new connections.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Feb 22, 2018
  10. dencal Win User
    Change your router or modem password.

dencal, Feb 22, 2018
  11. Barman58 Win User
    Change the router SSID, (wireless name), and set it to not broadcast.

if someone is trying to hack in they will need to know the SSID and the router psssword, and the wireless passphrase.

Change all three and use secure passwords - just adding a few periods will increase security considerably

Barman58, Feb 22, 2018
  12. There are about 50 known ways, how to remotely hack a computer without any network connection.
    So in order to write all the ways, we would have to copy the internet, it is really an unlimited number.
    To put it simply, if a skilled hacker wants to hack you, he will and there is nothing you can do about it.

On the bright side, only script kiddies hack people at random, so for starter you should get a decent firewall.

Comodo Firewall / Use cruelsister's settings - Comodo Firewall 10 Setup - YouTube

The firewall will let you monitor the network activity, so you can investigate any unusual activity.

Indeed, this utility shows all devices connected to the router, not just WiFi.

Wireless Network Watcher - Show who is connected to your wireless network

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Still suspicious someone is hacking my internet connection. - Similar Threads - Still suspicious someone

2. Suspiciously weak internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspiciously weak internet connection: Hello. Since last night I have a problem that is beyond me.I was in a game and on discord with my friends and suddenly the internet started to be very weak in the sense that it was disconnecting me, but in windows to the internet it appeared that there was a connection.After...
  3. Suspiciously weak internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suspiciously weak internet connection: Hello. Since last night I have a problem that is beyond me.I was in a game and on discord with my friends and suddenly the internet started to be very weak in the sense that it was disconnecting me, but in windows to the internet it appeared that there was a connection.After...
  4. Suspiciously weak internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Someone hacked my computer.

Someone hacked my computer.: Hello guys can someone help me for free cuz someone hacked my computer and took administrator. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-hacked-my-computer/8f8cba72-ac1e-4372-bed4-a5cc5ce1935d
  6. Someone hacked my conputer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone hacked my conputer.: Hello guys can someone help me for free cuz someone hacked my computer and took administrator. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-hacked-my-conputer/8f8cba72-ac1e-4372-bed4-a5cc5ce1935d
  7. Someone hacked my conputer.

Someone hacked my conputer.: Hello guys can someone help me for free cuz someone hacked my computer and took administrator. please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-hacked-my-conputer/8f8cba72-ac1e-4372-bed4-a5cc5ce1935d
  8. I think my pc was hacked or accessed by someone through the internet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I think my pc was hacked or accessed by someone through the internet connection: hello I woke up today and found that my desktop background was changed to a picture of some football players which was never on my device. I think someone else has access to my pc at the moment and I want to stop this from happening maybe through the internet connection, as...
  9. Someone hacked my System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone hacked my System: I can't get into my computer. Someone has shut me out. I can only get in as guest. Does anyone know how to fix this. [Original Title: malware] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/someone-hacked-my-system/d78ff1c4-04f5-4365-ae14-0d6a2cfef128
  10. is someone using my Address by hacking into my wireless connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is someone using my Address by hacking into my wireless connection?: Every time I try to see where my PC is registered at on my PC it reveals not at my address but my next door neighbour? INSTEAD of my own house address of 35 ROAD ETC..it zooms into number 33? Did someone hack into my wireless account. Is it possible? Thanks guys n gals!...