Windows 10: Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file

Discus and support Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, One can't say that Windows isn't traditional when it comes to tenacious bugs. Indeed, the ubiquitous "Disk Full" problem still rises its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by haku, Sep 28, 2017.

1. haku Win User

Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file

Hi,

One can't say that Windows isn't traditional when it comes to tenacious bugs.

Indeed, the ubiquitous "Disk Full" problem still rises its annoying head when working on a complex and relatively long Word file (that is, for example, a text containing many fields and field references, that is nearing 100 pages) and trying to save it. "Connoisseurs" know where the problem comes from: it occurs when Word produces too many tmp files. Another reason is said to be automatic saves. But if suppressing these in options does help a bit, it does not help all the time. And Microsoft has never been able to solve that problem, heaven knows why, properly.

The problem is not as ubiquitous as it used to be, but still it happens. I usually resolve this by making a reserve copy of the file, after copying the whole text, then opening the reserve copy, delete what's in there, then pasting what one has copied in the file one couldn't save. Restarting the computer to get rid of all Word tmp files if any are left will help. What also helps is often saving files manually, of course.

But that's no way of doing things in this day and age.

So, isn't there somewhere a tweak or utility or anything that would at least take care of that old, old problem?

Thanks for helping me out on this.

:)

2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Sep 28, 2017
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file :)

hitch_11, Sep 28, 2017
  4. Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file

Hi haku.

Might I ask what version of Word are you using? 2013, 2016

How much spare storage do you have?

If you run the disk clean up utility that should delete all the tmp files as well, not just from word. Have you used this in the past. It will even clear up system files that may be lingering.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 28, 2017
  5. haku Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using both the latest Office Word , which I don't like since that ribbon "enhancement" some versions earlier, and prefer to use good old fashioned and reliable Word 2013.

However that's not here or there: the "Disk Full" problem occurs in any version of Word - even the latest ones, although not as frequently as on the newer Word versions.

I have really huge amounts of storage space - it's a state of the art (well of 1 year ago) desktop PC. And whether one had much or sufficient storage problem was never the cause for that "Disk Full" problem. It was, and apparently still is, a deep bug inside Windows when it comes to Word. Lot's and lots of comments about this on the Net.

Cleaning up the disk may help, but Word keeps putting its temporary files all over the place - and not necessarily in the folder where the file is situated.

I've heard but never came upon a tweak that would get rid of those hidden tmps - and don't know if it's still around.

So, I'll keep hoping beyond all hopes. But hanks all the same.

6. Try disk cleanup. It empties the temp folders. I figured you had space, most machines today come with so much space that most people will never fill. Guess my super simply documents just aren't cutting it.

Will be interesting to see if someone is aware of that tweak.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 28, 2017
  7. haku Win User
    Thanks. I clean up regularly - despite Microsoft saying it's not necessary any more. But they say so many things...

haku, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file

1. Still the old "Disk Full" problem with Word when saving a complex file - Similar Threads - Still old Disk

2. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  3. PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files are not saving. They are saving as word documents!: Hi there, in the last couple of weeks I cannot print a pdf file to save in my documents. I have Windows 11. The file shows in my documents as a Word document! Plus it is completely in gobbledegook! I have tried to restart the computer and it is still happening. I have tried...
  4. Disk full Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full Problem: Disk full 100% problem. How to fix this problem?See Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full-problem/5535ced0-f84e-4dbb-8b80-07f0d275e9d3
  5. Disk full Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk full Problem: Disk full 100% problem. How to fix this problem?See Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full-problem/5535ced0-f84e-4dbb-8b80-07f0d275e9d3
  6. Disk full Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. getting full disk error when trying to save with photoshop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting full disk error when trying to save with photoshop: when trying to use photoshop 2.0 with my new windows 10 I get a disk full error. I have a large amount of excess memory and no temp files. What is going on here?...
  8. File-save as problem in Word 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    File-save as problem in Word 2013: When I try to save a doc in Word 2013, the save field does not have the title of the doc I want to save.It is of some other doc used in the past so I have to enter the name of the doc I am wanting to save.Is there anything I can do to solve this ? 132157
  9. Microsoft word insufficient memory or disk full

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft word insufficient memory or disk full: Hi, I updated to Windows 10 and Microsoft 365. all my old word documents are giving me the error Insufficient memory of disk full. I have been searching the whole day on the internet and tried a couple of suggestions already....
  10. Disk full error message when trying to save a file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk full error message when trying to save a file: Hi, I have the following error message when I try to save a (any) file: [img] According to File Explorer, I have 463 GB HD and 173 GB is free. The disk management has the following information: [img] Please help me find out what eats up my HD. Thank you. 69854

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk is full error when saving on microsoft word