Windows 10: Still waiting for the update

Discus and support Still waiting for the update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Magik, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Magik Win User

Still waiting for the update

Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ?

Thanks...

:)

Magik, Aug 17, 2015

2. Still waiting for the E72 Update for 0590128

E72 discontinued....? I think your thinking about the E71 ! The E72 has not been discontinuedby vodafone at all

Kurisu87---01, Aug 17, 2015
  3. houseklan Win User
    Still waiting for the E72 Update for 0590128

you wrote E71.

anyway, you still have to wait for Vodafone to approve it.

houseklan, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Magik Win User
    Thanks a lot. I'll try this at home tonight and I'll let you know if this is solved or if I have any other questions *Smile

Magik, Aug 17, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    That's a very good tutorial.

An additional recommendation, regardless of how you apply the free upgrade:

Back up your existing Windows installation first. The best method is to image it. (A lot of people like Macrium Reflect Free.) If you don't already have a backup drive, this would be a good time to buy one.

The odds are good that the upgrade would proceed without any problems. There is a slight chance that it would fail in such a way as to leave you with an operating system that is sufficiently broken as to not allow you to boot into Windows. The free upgrade could become expensive if you have to pay someone to fix that.

bobkn, Aug 17, 2015
  7. AddRAM Win User
    When I installed 8.1 to upgrade it to 10, I went to windows update and there was the Get Windows 10 logo all ready to go, I didn`t have to do a single update.

AddRAM, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Magik Win User

Well, before last week I wasn't even getting the Get Windows 10 popup. I had to make a system update to see it. Maybe I need to do a new one to get the popup that says I can download Windows 10..?

Magik, Aug 17, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you are really set on using Windows Update, you can try this:
    Cans How To Force Your System To Update : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
  10. Magik Win User
    Magik, Aug 17, 2015
  11. WhyMe Win User
    A good choice. *Smile

And just a gentle nudge, in case you missed this important advice given earlier:

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
  12. Charlie Win User
    Took my upgrade 10 days before it was downloaded to my pc. I started with a old Vista box that was given to me in trade. I used a Windows 7 pro disk that was bought at a thrift store. Took awhile to update it to get my GWX icon. Then 10 days later got my update. Did that and then got it activated with key from 7 pro. Made a 10 pro dvd. Did a clean install. Activated no problems yet. If you wait another few days you will likely get your update. *Smile

Charlie, Aug 18, 2015
  13. Magik Win User

I have a backup of all my data on another disk because I switched to a SSD last week and I made a ghost to transfer my data so I still have my old one *Smile

Magik, Aug 18, 2015
  14. Magik Win User
    Thanks guys, it worked perfectly!

Magik, Aug 18, 2015
  15. WhyMe Win User
    Like magik lol *Biggrin

WhyMe, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Still waiting for the update - Similar Threads - Still waiting update

2. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  3. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  4. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still waiting ??

Still waiting ??: Hello --- I have a laptop that is just a few years old and as of this post, it is still waiting for win 10 / build 2004 --- my other computers that are much older, already have the 20H2 build applied --- what could be holding this up? what could be the down-side of...
  6. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?: My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page. As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update....
  7. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  8. still waiting for version 1903

still waiting for version 1903: Over the pats two weeks, my three newer Win 10 Home PCs downloaded and installed the new version. My older device, originally Win 7 Pro still has not gotten the notification of availability and I've had no success when clicking the check for updates button. This device...
  9. still waiting for apng to be accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    still waiting for apng to be accepted: im glad that gifs got accepted. however its an outdated format compared to apng. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-waiting-for-apng-to-be-accepted/c2fcf97a-3a5d-4987-8316-e52a902e93f5
  10. Still waiting for the Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still waiting for the Anniversary update: Hi, After multiple unsuccessful attempts to install the Anniversary update (including from an ISO file), Windows Update has now stopped proposing this update. It continues to regularly update version 1511 (e.g. I got a Flash Player update yesterday) but nothing related to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am still waiting for the update

2. I am still waiting for an update