Windows 10: still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10

Discus and support still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm still waiting for my win 10 to upgrade I reserved it back in July 15 2015 14164 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cobra1, Aug 7, 2015.

1. cobra1 Win User

still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10

I'm still waiting for my win 10 to upgrade I reserved it back in July 15 2015

:)

cobra1, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 and 7 Pro OEM activation

Hi,

From what I understand the Win 10 Pro OEM key can be used to activate Win 7 Pro OEM. Bascially I have a request to build a PC with Win 7 Pro, as this is need for the software used by the business. I have run out of copies
    of Win 7 Pro OEM.

I've tried using a Win 10 Pro OEM key for a Win 7 Pro OEM activation, but it's not working, tells me the key is not valid. Am I suppose to install Win 10 pro OEM, activate it, and then install Win 7 pro OEM, and activate
    with the same key. I'm still getting orders for PCs with Win 7 Pro, and finally run out of copies.

What is the correct procedure to activate an Win 7 Pro OEM install with a Win 10 Pro OEM key?

Thanks

DavidKent1, Aug 7, 2015
  3. S.K. LAM Win User
    How to downgrade the Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home (upgraded from Windows 7 Home)

It means there is no way for Win 10 Pro downgrade to Win 10 home (upgrade from Win 7 Home) unless I reinstall the win 7 home then upgrade to win 10 home?

If I do the clean install of that PC installed Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 10 Home (upgraded from Win 7 Home) and skipped the inserting key steps then connect internet, will my PC activate automatically for Win 10 Home or Win 10 Pro?

S.K. LAM, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

Kyhi, Aug 7, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    More people have had better success with activation when the use the "Upgrade this PC now" option in the Windows Media Creation Tool rather than doing it from USB or DVD or mounting the ISO. Not sure why, but that seems to be the historical track record. You can always create the USB or DVD after upgrading.

NavyLCDR, Aug 7, 2015
  6. cobra1 Win User
    thank you, that worked and it is now activated it

cobra1, Aug 8, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Achieving activation is like achieving Nirvana still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10 :)

NavyLCDR, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

Can you explain this historical track record and how the process is any different

Kyhi, Aug 8, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Reading the posts from people who have upgraded on this forum. The most unreliable method that the most people have had problems with have been upgrading via Windows Update. The second method that have been problematic has been downloading an ISO and attempting to upgrade from that. Probably because they really don't understand what an ISO file is and that it has to be mounted or extracted to be used for an upgrade. There is a big difference between the Windows Update method of upgrading and the Media Creation Tool method of upgrading. One difference is that with the media creation tool it is not required to be on SP1 of WIndows 7 or Windows 8.1. The media creation tool will upgrade Windows 7 (non-SP1) and Windows 8.0.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. still waittting for win 10 pro to udtate from win 7 to win 10 - Similar Threads - still waittting pro

2. Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching from win 7 pro to win 10 pro: I've been using windows 7 for 5 years now and I got a message from Microsoft saying windows 7 pc's are not in support anymore and I need to get a new pc. Of course I don't have the money for it so please tell me how to upgrade windows 7 pc to windows 10...
  3. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  4. win 7 pro win 10 pro

win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  5. Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 pro with Win 7 pro: I installed Windows 10 pro as a VMware Workstation 14 Player Virtual Machine. I tried to activate it using the product key from an OEM Win7 pro DVD I purchased for a pc I built years ago (and then disassembled months ago). That didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for any...
  6. Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro

Going from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro: Using FREE to paid 3d parties, what is your suggestions to be able to reinstall my current programs running with Win 7 pro, to win 10 pro Some programs, such as iTunes, I find tricky to re-set-up if upgraded, or moved--This, for sure is not an Apple question, but I have...
  7. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  8. Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 - still waiting: My wife finally cracked and asked me to get her Laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 for free - it was July 27. Clicked on the white windows upgrade icon in the system tray and was advised that the upgrade had been reserved/confirmed. I'm not usually impatient and I guess...
  9. Win 7 Pro to Win 10

Win 7 Pro to Win 10: Upgraded, appeared to be fine. Now printer doesn't print. Shows as default, but won't print...*Sad 10819
  10. Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!

Still no end to free upgrade to win 10 from Win 7!: Just bought a pre-loved laptop for Mrs (Sheelba, as I like to think of her) for our 34th Wedding anniversary. She already has a pre-hated android tablet which she won't use 'cos it hates her back too! I saw the Dell Latitude E6400 on Tuesday, and bought it the next day,...