Windows 10: Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a

Discus and support Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, new to this forum and requesting any possible help. My laptop has been stolen and I didn't have any tracking program installed. Is there any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Criston007, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a

Hi guys, new to this forum and requesting any possible help. My laptop has been stolen and I didn't have any tracking program installed. Is there any way it can be located again? It also has a password on the startup lockscreen but I am not sure if they can wipe the pc and my password would be obsolete. I have all the model number, serial numbers etc. I even contacted asus but they can only flag it with hopes that the person makes a request to them and then they can try to help. Any help would be appreciated. I am trying with dropbox but I do not think that would work seeing that they would need to wipe the laptop to use it because of my password.

:)

Criston007, Nov 29, 2015

2. Laptop tracking

Hi. I had a laptop with Windows 10 and it was stolen. There were two password-secured accounts and no guest. I assume that it will be the reason for Windows reinstallation with another serial number. Maybe, it will be not Windows 10. Can I track this laptop
    by its own serial number, not the s/n of Windows?

triplecorpse, Nov 29, 2015
  3. asafantaz Win User
    How to locate a stolen htc hd7

hey how are mr. Vasile M.
    my HTC HD7 phone has been stolen n if could help me i will be thanksful
    this is the HTC HD7 T9292
    S/N: HT0BXRG04387
    P/N: 99HLY014-00
    IMEI: 352811041649454
    THANK U PAULStolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a :)Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a :)

asafantaz, Nov 29, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a

You should report the theft to local police but the chances of seeing the laptop again are slim.

LMiller7, Nov 29, 2015
  5. I did but they aren't much help in my country. There are police cctv cameras at the end of the street and cameras on apartment buildings and I'm begging the officers to check them since Friday. Corruption....unless you know someone with a high position you would just be another unheard voice. Imagine I called multiple times and the officer assigned to my case hasn't even contacted me yet. I can't give up hope though...I am doing my own research to see if I can track it down.

Criston007, Nov 29, 2015
  6. tracit99 Win User
    Have you tried Find My Device in Windows 10 Settings? I have never tried it, but it might be worth a shot.

tracit99, Nov 29, 2015
  7. I'm trying but I'm not getting it to work. On my devices screen I'm not getting to click any options

Criston007, Nov 29, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

I think, in order to use Find My Device, you have to turn it on first. Being as how the laptop is already stolen, you can't turn it on now.

For future reference, your next laptop needs to have Prey installed immediately.

Good luck! I feel for you. *Sad

simrick, Nov 29, 2015
  9. Yeah thanks...I really lapsed by not installing prey but i rarely go out with my laptop. I was going by a friend to spend the night and just stopped off by another so I didnt bother to take it out and because it was in my bag with my clothes I didnt feel insecure. But a thief just needs an opportunity. I really hope I can get it back though.

Criston007, Nov 29, 2015
  10. swarfega Win User
    Did you make backups of your personal files? If not then there's another procedure you need to introduce.

swarfega, Nov 29, 2015
  11. 1PW
    1PW Win User
    Hello Criston007:

Do you know your ASUS laptop's MAC address(es)? MAC address - Wikipedia

I can not find where you have revealed the full ASUS model number.

12. Borg 386 Win User
    Might be best to put the word out to the local pawn shops to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully they will co-operate knowing that it is illegal for them to accept stolen merchandise. I know, this happens all the time, but wouldn't hurt nonetheless.

Or you could call these shops & ask if they happen to have a model laptop matching yours. If they do, take a trip down there & see if the numbers match.

Borg 386, Dec 1, 2015
  13. Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a

Thanks...will do. Good advice btw

Criston007, Dec 1, 2015
  14. I just installed prey on my laptop now. I use find my iPhone on my phone and mac computer now I have a similar feature on my windows laptop

pitbullpup, Jan 15, 2016
  15. simrick Win User
    I like Prey alot. Simple to use and works very well. And it's free!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stolen asus laptop s/n f6n0cv02692323a - Similar Threads - Stolen asus laptop

2. Stolen Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Asus laptop: My Asus rog strix g15 laptop was stolen and I want any possible to track the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-asus-laptop/210efefe-2adc-47e8-af8f-4368bd0143e5
  3. Stolen Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen Asus laptop: My Asus rog strix g15 laptop was stolen and I want any possible to track the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-asus-laptop/210efefe-2adc-47e8-af8f-4368bd0143e5
  4. stolen bitcoin development asus laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    stolen bitcoin development asus laptop: how do i track a stolen device if i was told it couldnt be tracked so i unlinked from it but its still on my store purchases on my account and its been 4 years. As well im a developer for bitcoin and microsoft and a cyber security research development engineer and i want...
  5. stolen bitcoin development asus laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stolen bitcoin development asus laptop: how do i track a stolen device if i was told it couldnt be tracked so i unlinked from it but its still on my store purchases on my account and its been 4 years. As well im a developer for bitcoin and microsoft and a cyber security research development engineer and i want...
  6. stolen bitcoin development asus laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stolen Laptop: My laptop has been stolent last week. How can I lock it or see where it is? Is there a way to find it? Thank you Ziya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/1f3aed90-2583-4390-bd67-72425463f276
  8. stolen laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    stolen laptop: how can I track my hp notebook. Windows 10. Was stolen. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-laptop/313c08d1-a631-48af-a0fe-7ae344584463"
  9. Stolen Laptop S/N

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stolen Laptop S/N: Good day Just wanted to know if I am able to retrieve my laptop serial number from the office or Microsoft website if I have loaded Win10 or Office365, would they keep a record of it? Thanks...
  10. Stolen Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen Laptop: I have had my laptop stolen, I have been tracking the device on the Microsoft page using find my laptop. I understand the laptop needs to be switched on and have a wifi signal to work. But if the thieves sell on and restore factory settings am I still able to track the...