Windows 10: Stolen Laptop/find my device

Discus and support Stolen Laptop/find my device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MCEE_88, Jul 5, 2018.

1. MCEE_88 Win User

Stolen Laptop/find my device

My computer was stolen a month ago, I am able to track it down under the find my Device and it shows that it has not been turned on since they took it, and the battery still appears the same at 77%. I already turned on the option to lock it but it says it cannot do so because its off line, does this mean they haven't tried to turn on my device or they already wipe it, or jailbreak it?

:)

MCEE_88, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Stolen Laptop

Hi Tara,

Since this is regarding a stolen laptop, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your device for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concern.

Ar Rom, Jul 5, 2018
  3. NellaLeah Win User
    Find Device - Stolen Laptop

My laptop was stolen and the find my device setting was turned on. When signing in online, it show the computer but it doesn't give me the option to select "find device". What do i do? I really want to find my laptop Stolen Laptop/find my device :(

NellaLeah, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Stolen Laptop/find my device

My laptop is stolen

I was using a Lenovo Ideapad U410 laptop with windows 10 home. It was stolen in late november and due to the circumstances and I did not report it to the police. However I have a new laptop now with windows 10 and I use the same account with new passwords
    of course on my new laptop. But when I am configuring my new device for security I noticed my old device in the list of connected devices even though I changed the user account passwords. I like to know if it is possible to lock this device with the serial
    number provided on my account? can I track it? though the find my device option is off?

For your reference I had trouble with the windows update of this device back in september and I communicated with the support team in details. It is the same device that is stolen. Hope to hear positive responses

sabeteshi minassie

sabeteshiminassie, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Stolen Laptop/find my device

1. Stolen Laptop/find my device - Similar Threads - Stolen Laptop find

2. Find my device - stolen computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find my device - stolen computer: HiMy computer has been stolen... Using Find my device does not help... logging in it says updated 5 days earlier - can I change so it is updated daily on my new computer?Is there any way I will have success locating a stolen computer?Perhaps I am in the wrong community, then...
  3. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  4. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working: My laptop was stolen earlier today and i tried finding it using the tracking feature on the website, however it keeps saying that it was not able to locate the device.Its a very important laptop for me since its for university, so is there ANY way i can do something to fix...
  5. Stolen laptop and “find my device” not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  7. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working: Hello, We had a break-in in the office yesterday evening and my laptop was stolen. When I logged into my Microsoft account, the find my device was disabled. The battery shows 0%. I tried to turn it on and the error came "Something happened and we cannot turn on Find my...
  8. Stolen Laptop - Find my Device - not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop

security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop: How does find my device work in locating a stolen laptop while it's turned off and how accurate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-and-find-my-device-functionality-stolen/94b7d172-1e25-4478-afa2-0cccee538251
  10. Stolen laptop and find my device

Stolen laptop and find my device: My laptop was stolen and I looked on Find My Device and the tracking has been off. I wanted to turn it on but it says can not reach the device. Is there a way to make it turn on as soon as the laptop gets network? Also, if they factory data reset the device through the boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if laptop stolen windows reinstall prevent find my device