Windows 10: Stop a running MS update

Discus and support Stop a running MS update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Any way to stop a running MS update that is not completing after 2 days this update particularly KB 2267602 21935 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clintlgm, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Stop a running MS update

Any way to stop a running MS update that is not completing after 2 days this update particularly KB 2267602

:)

Clintlgm, Sep 8, 2015
  2. Taffy087 Win User

Can having a slideshow running stop Windows Updates from being downloaded & installed?

I've been running my main laptop 24/7, as I'm trying to capture screenshots of unusual messages superimposed over the photos displayed in my slideshow, as evidence for an MS-badged employee -

>details here.<

It occurs to me that the slideshow running 24/7 might be preventing the latest Patch Tuesday Cumulative WU from being automatically downloaded & installed. There has been no obvious pattern how long it has taken for my previous WUs to be installed.

Am I right or should I just remain patient?

If I am right, how do I turn off the slideshows? Again, there's no obvious process shown in my Settings.

Hoping you can help. Thank you.

Taffy087, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Can having a slideshow running stop Windows Updates from being downloaded & installed?

Hi Arjay. I have Win10 Home v1709 16299.19 but according to a colleague of yours in another thread of mine what was install last time might not in fact be Fall Creators WU but a Test version (?).

(That info is in my signature which for some reason isn't showing. I've reported it in Performance Problems.)

Apart from the update there have been no changes.

I've changed both Slideshows to Picture so we'll see what happens. - I'll get back to you. Thanks for your help.

Taffy087, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Clintlgm Win User

Stop a running MS update

Problem solved , I deleted all "temp" and "%temp%" files , W10 update reset and said there was a problem downloading the update and retry , I retried update it installed fine , temp fils were preventing W10 update from functioning. W10 update is back to normal , Thanks for your help , Clntlgm great article I booked marked it for future reference
    PC 101 Temp Files when installing stuff sometimes cause problems or reinstalling

Clintlgm, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

Stop a running MS update

1. Stop a running MS update - Similar Threads - Stop running update

2. Who is UPDATING/CHANGING MS Paint? STOP IT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Who is UPDATING/CHANGING MS Paint? STOP IT: I use MS Paint daily. I noticed a couple of minor changes that I was able to work around, although moving the icons on the tool bar to the left is a PITA. But NOW I can't manipulate my .jpg files. I cut and paste multiple jpg files to one screen and for some reason I can no...
  3. Who is UPDATING/CHANGING MS Paint? STOP IT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Who is UPDATING/CHANGING MS Paint? STOP IT: I use MS Paint daily. I noticed a couple of minor changes that I was able to work around, although moving the icons on the tool bar to the left is a PITA. But NOW I can't manipulate my .jpg files. I cut and paste multiple jpg files to one screen and for some reason I can no...
  4. Help me MS Store stops updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me MS Store stops updating: My MS Store application got an update but all of it stops in the middle of the process. I leave the computer for 2 hours now but still not moving at all. I restart the PC and same image in Store. I tried to download a new app and it install successfully but the pending...
  5. Help me MS Store stops updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me MS Store stops updating: My MS Store application got an update but all of it stops in the middle of the process. I leave the computer for 2 hours now but still not moving at all. I restart the PC and same image in Store. I tried to download a new app and it install successfully but the pending...
  6. Help me MS Store stops updating

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. ms team stops and is showing to update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ms team stops and is showing to update windows: I have recently purchased the new hp laptop which has ryzen 3 3250 processor and facing problem in ms team after running the app for sometime it shows update windows but i have already updated it but still it keeps on showing to update window...
  8. Frontier email stopped working after MS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frontier email stopped working after MS update: I've had this laptop for two years and had no issues receiving/sending emails from my Frontier email account. In May of 2021, after an automatic MS update launched on my laptop, I could no longer access or send any new emails. The posted message states: we couldn't access...
  9. how to stop updates from running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to stop updates from running: windows home edition 64 bit I occasionally disable windows updates from d/l to save bandwidth usage today I did that and it says stopping but after several hours hasn't. how can I spot it without using system restore? 127510
  10. Stop run-amok-update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop run-amok-update: How do I interrupt a TEN-HOUR-LONG-AND-STILL-GOING-STRONG backup?! without losing backup data? MS apparently failed to anticipate is, that people don't turn on History, because laptops only come with ONE DRIVE, write, copy, and migrate a bunch of data to the new machine....