Windows 10: Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice

Discus and support Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is very annoying. You asked me million times already and I said No Thanks million times. Why this annoying spamming? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dinoxyz, Aug 1, 2018.

1. dinoxyz Win User

Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice

This is very annoying.

You asked me million times already and I said No Thanks million times. Why this annoying spamming?

Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice b476c272-f29e-4791-b513-a60232c64af8?upload=true.png

:)

dinoxyz, Aug 1, 2018

2. Disabling Browser Choice Screen in WIndows 10

How do I disable the Browser Choice Screen in Windows 10? I've made all the corrections and settings that I can think of, yet I still get a box that lists all m6y browser choices and asks if I want to continue to use the "app". Any ideas on how to stop
    this---it's quite annoying!

Thanks!

SharonIgoe von Behren, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Microsoft Edge has stopped woorking

Hello,

There may be a number of reasons why suddenly Edge would stop working. The first troubleshooting step that we can try is to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. Check out
    this link for more information and download link for the troubleshooter.

If the above step won't work, we also suggest resetting Edge. For this, follow the steps below:

• Close Microsoft Edge browser.
    • On the Cortana search bar, type Default App settings.
    • Click on Microsoft Edge (the list may not include Edge if your operating system is not on Creators Update.)
    • Under Microsoft Edge, click Advanced options.
    • Click the Reset button and confirm.
    • Restart your PC.
    Note: Your PC must be updated to the latest version of Windows for this troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice

welcome screen is not asking if i like the spotlight choice

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your laptop is not asking if you like the spotlight choice might be because the Windows spotlight is not set as your lock screen background. To address this concern, we suggest enabling Windows spotlight as your lock screen
    background. To do so, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization and then select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, click on the drop down menu and make sure to click on Windows spotlight.

If further assistance is needed, don't hesitate to reply on this thread.

Darleen Pen, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice

1. Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice - Similar Threads - Stop asking Edge

2. How to stop signing in to Microsoft every time I use it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop signing in to Microsoft every time I use it.: How to stop signing in to Microsoft every time I use it? Should I purchase a security key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-signing-in-to-microsoft-every-time-i/a5421188-5a04-4479-befc-27827407f2b9
  3. How to stop signing in to Microsoft every time I use it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop signing in to Microsoft every time I use it.: How to stop signing in to Microsoft every time I use it? Should I purchase a security key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-signing-in-to-microsoft-every-time-i/a5421188-5a04-4479-befc-27827407f2b9
  4. Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.: I Updated my Laptop to Windows 11 22H2 and ever since every browser I use I tested it with Chrome, Opera, and Firefox has crashed Immediately and when I try to relaunch it, it doesn't open.Laptop specs:Name: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3RAM: 8 GBStorage: 256 GBGraphics: Nvidia GTX...
  5. Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Browser I use except Edge Crashes immediately at lunch.: I Updated my Laptop to Windows 11 22H2 and ever since every browser I use I tested it with Chrome, Opera, and Firefox has crashed Immediately and when I try to relaunch it, it doesn't open.Laptop specs:Name: Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3RAM: 8 GBStorage: 256 GBGraphics: Nvidia GTX...
  6. Microsoft Family Features stopping me from using browsers other than edge?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Family Features stopping me from using browsers other than edge?: When I try to open chrome or firefox I get a messages saying "You'll need to ask to use this app!" If I click ask, no email is sent. Is there a way to fix?...
  7. How do I make Windows ask me what app to use every time?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Windows ask me what app to use every time?: How do I set no default for a file extension? I want for it to ask me every time which app to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-ask-me-what-app-to-use-every/a4eaad0d-5750-47fe-90b1-fd22e8da6ef9
  8. Edge logging me out every time I close browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge logging me out every time I close browser: I am absolutely infuriated with Windows, and with the lack of intelligence on forum replies from so-called "support people". Edge logs me out of Outlook every time I close my browser. Every thread on this forum says go to a link in settings THAT DOES NOT EXIST. You people...
  9. Using Chrome Browser, MY CHOICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using Chrome Browser, MY CHOICE: The browser I LIKE more than Edge is CHROME. However, I oftentimes feel it's been jinxed ON PURPOSE by Microsoft. TOO OFTEN Chrome browser stops "responding." I stay within a fairly same 'ole, same 'ole routine when I'm online. It's always quite aggravating when the "not...
  10. pups detected every time i use google browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pups detected every time i use google browser: Every time i use google as my web browser and later run a scan using malwarebytes premium i get the same 218 pup`s. I have deleted all of my old links and still get the same results when i run a scan. i have deleted the offending files manually following the links indicated...