Windows 10: stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store

Discus and support stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way, so that I can stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store. Since "New apps will save to" button is greyed out and I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vivek kumar, Aug 27, 2015.

1. stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store

Is there any way, so that I can stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store. Since "New apps will save to" button is greyed out and I don't want space to filled with apps or can it be turned to manual check.

:)

vivek kumar, Aug 27, 2015

2. Stop the automatic download of Windows Store Apps on metered connection!

Hello.

I have purchased a full Windows 10 Home version for my laptop. No upgrade offer, no deals - a full copy from Microsoft website.

I would like to know first of all if the EULA states that it can automatically download apps at any time

for advertising purpose.

It's not the first time that's happened. every few days I see a new Windows Store app / game installed.

It is eating my metered connection!

I wish to have a solution to this so that I don't see a new app installed without my consent.

(you already know which type of programs do this...) And while I agree to the information collection

like other companies normally do these days, I don't want new apps to eat my metered connection or SSD,

or be installed without my consent whatsoever.

Please give me a solution. Thank you.

LaurFlorin, Aug 27, 2015
  3. not able to download other apps from store

in windows store app it's showing that the three apps (Get Office, Microsoft People, Microsoft Wi-Fi) starting download but these apps aren't downloading. Also it's not showing any option to stop or pause these downloadings. Due to this I can not download
    other apps from the store. Please help !!.

I have already stopped Automatic updates from store, settings already.

AnmolSrivastava, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store

Brink, Aug 27, 2015
  5. vivek kumar, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Vivek. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store

1. stop automatic download of Windows apps from the Store - Similar Threads - stop automatic download

2. downloading apps from apps store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading apps from apps store.: I can not download some apps from Microsoft apps store, such as Whatsapp or paint. it starts to download, after downloading it says something unexpected happened. Error code: Code: 0x800706D9.Windows 11. I have updated the library apps....
  3. downloading apps from apps store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloading apps from apps store.: I can not download some apps from Microsoft apps store, such as Whatsapp or paint. it starts to download, after downloading it says something unexpected happened. Error code: Code: 0x800706D9.Windows 11. I have updated the library apps....
  4. Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically: A few months ago I downloaded Halo: The Master Cheif Collection using my gamepass on Microsoft Store. While downloading it showed an error, I clicked retry many times but it did not work, so I left it. After a few hours I saw the game installed in my computer. After a few...
  5. Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically

Microsoft Store Downloads app automatically: A few months ago I downloaded Halo: The Master Cheif Collection using my gamepass on Microsoft Store. While downloading it showed an error, I clicked retry many times but it did not work, so I left it. After a few hours I saw the game installed in my computer. After a few...
  6. Stop Microsoft store from automatically downloading Nvidia Control panel?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stop Microsoft store from automatically downloading Nvidia Control panel?: Hi, I uninstalled my NVidia Drivers to reinstall it again, but then Hi, Microsoft store automatically downloads Nvidia Control Panel and install a driver for my Nvidia graphics card. How do I disable this? How I disable Microsoft store from automatically downloading Nvidia...
  7. Downloading apps from store

Downloading apps from store: I can't download apps from store it keeps referring me back to settings and then it shows that these settings are managed by the proggrammers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-apps-from-store/18997f97-bcc8-449f-856d-0903c1b0dba6
  8. Downloading Apps from App Store

Downloading Apps from App Store: We are having a problem downloading apps from the Microsoft Store. My wife can be signed in under her Microsoft account, we find the app we want on the Microsoft Store, press Install/Open and a pop-up window shows up allowing us to get the app. However, when we click on the...
  9. downloading apps from the app store

downloading apps from the app store: I have some apps on my android phone that I like and I want to get some of those same apps on my hp pavilion with windows 10. Several times I have went to the microsoft store to download and app and it says I have that app installed but i cant find where i can open that app...
  10. Get Help app downloading automatically from Microsoft Store

Get Help app downloading automatically from Microsoft Store: Why is microsoft downloading GET Help add via Windows store without getting permission off the end user this is an invasion of privacy how many other illegal force apps are installed without end users knowledge. ***Original title:Why is microsoft downloading GET Help add...