Windows 10: Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions

Discus and support Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't think there's any installation needed. It's just a file you can run. Do you mean it is a portable program? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ahmd, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions

Do you mean it is a portable program?

Matthew Wai, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions

1. Stop automatic reboots w/updates + auto-install Defender definitions - Similar Threads - Stop automatic reboots

2. Auto update Windows Defender definitions on metered connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto update Windows Defender definitions on metered connections: Windows Update packages are around 1GB so I used regedit to automatically set all internet connections as metered since I'm on a budget cellular plan but I want Windows Defender to download definition updates as soon as they're available regardless if I'm on a metered...
  3. Can't install Defender definition updates...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't install Defender definition updates...: Hello folks, As from this morning it seems again something wrong with Windows Updates, particularly with the definition updates. Have already many attepts but seems it doesn't work - error and finally not installing. What is going on here, I have never seen my system not to...
  4. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...
  5. How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop updates from auto-installing & rebooting system??!!: I've had this problem in the past on a system running W10 Home. But it's happened 3 times now in the past month on a W10 Pro system in the middle of running a weeks long task. Checking the event log I see: Date: 9/25/2020 8:53:43 AM Windows successfully installed the...
  6. Stop Windows 10 Auto Reboots After updates install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 Auto Reboots After updates install: How do I stop a new Dell PC with Windows 10, v2004 from auto rebooting after updates install. I need this PC on at all time due to a process running on it. I want to control when this PC reboot...not at night killing the process. I have tried everything....disabled...
  7. Definition update could not be installed Definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition update could not be installed Definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus: Error installing - 0x8024000b My PC is up to date. Dell Inspiron 24-5459, Intel Core i7-6700T CPU at 2.80 GHz, 12 GB of RAM, 64 bits. Windows 10 home, version 1903 Let me know why it failed and if this update is necessary. If necessary, how to fix the error and install it....
  8. definition updates for defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  9. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  10. How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition

How to stop Updates of Windows Defender Definition: I have disabled Window Defender, but the Updates of Windows Defender Definition are still downloaded and installed. How do I stop it? I tried to use the Show or Hide updates to hide the Update of Windows Defender Definition, but it did not appear there. 19152