Windows 10: Stop Cortana from popping up

Discus and support Stop Cortana from popping up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cortana constantly pops up without being prompted. Even when I just want to click on an app in the taskbar to bring it into focus. My habit of browsing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by johkar1, Feb 27, 2018.

1. johkar1 Win User

Stop Cortana from popping up

Cortana constantly pops up without being prompted. Even when I just want to click on an app in the taskbar to bring it into focus. My habit of browsing is to use one finger to move the mouse on the touchpad and one finger resting on the left click button. I've gone into my touchpad settings and disabled every setting for 2, 3 and 4 finger actions. I've tried literally every thing I can find online to stop Cortana from popping up to no avail.

In reality I will never use Cortana so if there is a way to totally disable it I am fine with that...even if it is a registry change. I'm about to throw our new laptop in the trash.

:)

johkar1, Feb 27, 2018
  2. TFreed Win User

IRRITATING CORTANA POP UP

IRRITATING CORTANA POP UP

NO MATTER WHAT I TRY, I CAN'T STOP THE CORTANA POP UP. IT IS OBVIOUS THAT MICROSOFT PREVENTS CORTANA POP UP FROM BEING TURNED OFF. ANY SUGGESTIONS ? I NO LONGER RECCOMMEND WIN10 DUE TO THE CONSTANT POP UP. HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO TURN THEIRS OFF ?

TFreed, Feb 27, 2018
  3. DebS61_03 Win User
    Cortana constantly pops up

How do I stop Cortana from constantly popping up when I am typing?

DebS61_03, Feb 27, 2018
  4. Stop Cortana from popping up

Josey Wales, Feb 27, 2018
  5. johkar1 Win User
    johkar1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop Cortana from popping up

1. Stop Cortana from popping up - Similar Threads - Stop Cortana popping

2. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Cortana
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  3. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Pop-Ups: I downloaded Windows10 after the 8.1 end of service. Since my old laptop does not have a microphone, and I don't feel I need one, Cortana is meaningless. I have read here that eliminating Cortana is complicated. I would be happy to just get rid of the "sign in to Cortana" box...
  4. Cortana Pop-Ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana constantly popping up

in Cortana
    Cortana constantly popping up: hello my laptop is running windows 10 and out of no where a box keeps popping up for Cortana. i am sick of it constantly popping up. i signed in thinking this would stop it but has not. i am at my wits ends to sort it. doesnt anyone know how to stop when your not clicking...
  6. Stop the Cortana Pop Up

in Cortana
    Stop the Cortana Pop Up: Sorry if this has been asked and answered - how do I get the Cortana prompt to stop randomly popping up on my screen? I don't want to use Cortana and it won't let me uninstall. Why isn't there a "don't ask me again" feature???...
  7. How to Stop ANNOYING Constant Cortana pop-ups

in Cortana
    How to Stop ANNOYING Constant Cortana pop-ups: Can someone help me stop Cortana from constantly popping up while i use my laptop? It's getting to the point that I want to throw the laptop out the window in frustration. These interruptions are random and make getting my tasks done nearly impossible. I now DREAD using my...
  8. Cortana pop ups/selfy

in Cortana
    Cortana pop ups/selfy: Cortana pops up about 11pm, just out of the blue, One night Cortana pops up and says "How about a selfy" laying there naked it was all I could to block the screen... That is creepy, I would like Cortana to stop everything unless I ask for it? Was this a programmer joke.? WTH...
  9. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  10. Stop Cortana From Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Cortana From Popping Up: Cortana continually pops up when I'm using the track pad on my Lenovo Ideapad. I usually use one finger to move the cursor and a second finger to click the left button. When I click Cortana pops up and the click does not execute. Then I have to click away to get Cortana to go...