Windows 10: Stop driver update

Discus and support Stop driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep having an driver update showing up and I no longer have the device on my pc. How do I keep that from showing up? 55005 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackman33, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Jackman33 Win User

Stop driver update

I keep having an driver update showing up and I no longer have the device on my pc. How do I keep that from showing up?

:)

Jackman33, Jul 1, 2016
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 1, 2016
  3. Barun S. Win User
    How to stop Auto Driver update

Hello,

Windows update seems to automatically update few of the drivers. One of them is the WLAN driver. I use internet hotspot app like connectify to share my ethernet internet connection.

The latest version of the driver seems to change the hosted network settings and hence i cannot share my internet over WiFi. Rolling back driver fixes this issue but i have to do this frequently.

I tried disabling auto update of drivers through windows update by Right clicking Computer -> Properties-> Hardware -> Device installation settings -> Checking on 'Never install driver software from Windows Update'. However this did not work because everytime
    i roll back driver, a new version automatically starts to get downloaded in Windows update.

Any solution for this???

Barun S., Jul 1, 2016
  4. Stop driver update

Are you sure all traces of the Device have been removed
    Also what device was it that you had installed only some do leave behind a file or folder

hTconeM9user, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

Stop driver update

1. Stop driver update - Similar Threads - Stop driver update

2. Stop Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Driver Updates: It's not a question, it's a request. Please stop installing AMD video drivers with my Windows 11 updates. Whatever it is that you are installing makes certain games complain that I don't meet the minimum requirements to run them and it breaks AMD Adrenaline. If you insist on...
  3. Stop Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Driver Updates: It's not a question, it's a request. Please stop installing AMD video drivers with my Windows 11 updates. Whatever it is that you are installing makes certain games complain that I don't meet the minimum requirements to run them and it breaks AMD Adrenaline. If you insist on...
  4. To stop windows update updating the GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    To stop windows update updating the GPU drivers: Hi,the reason why I need to stop the GPU drivers updates because it causes the Radeon Software missing some features,I did Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings. > "No your device might not work as...
  5. To stop windows update updating the GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To stop windows update updating the GPU drivers: Hi,the reason why I need to stop the GPU drivers updates because it causes the Radeon Software missing some features,I did Control Panel > System & Security > System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings. > "No your device might not work as...
  6. To stop windows update updating the GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stop Microsoft Updating with old drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Microsoft Updating with old drivers: Every time a major update or re-install of W10, it tries to 'update' my HP Officejet Pro X476dw Multifunction Printer with a driver that is 6 years older than the driver that is installed. Why do I have to keep re-blocking this update? What's the problem with W10 updates not...
  8. Stop Graphics Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Graphics Driver Updates: My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Home. Within the last month or so, my graphics driver software has been automatically updating itself every single day, to a version that is incompatible with my current hardware. I have had this laptop since January, and did not...
  9. Need to Stop HP Driver Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to Stop HP Driver Update: Win 10 Pro on HP Envy PC. Windows Update is presenting an HP USB update (from 2012) with status "Pending Install". This appeared a few days ago so I installed it which resulted in USB problems with my HP printer. That is, could not print any more. Poked around and found an...
  10. Non stop recurring driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non stop recurring driver update: Hi all I have a problem which is beginning to make go a little insane. I have this non stop update almost every time i restart my pc. I say almost because sometimes it does not. In a normal day, it will install this update about 6 times. ASUS - Other hardware - Asus...