Windows 10: Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned?

Discus and support Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, when i plugin my USB drive which has some EFI partition on it, Windows 10 automatically assign it a letter which is annoying as you guess (can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by unko, May 10, 2018.

1. unko Win User

Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned?

Hello, when i plugin my USB drive which has some EFI partition on it, Windows 10 automatically assign it a letter which is annoying as you guess (can't access, being asked to format, etc..); how do i stop this from happening? Neither in diskpart, neither with 3rd party apps i could prevent that from happening.. ;/

:)

Thema:

Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned?

1. Stop EFI partition from USB drive having a letter assigned? - Similar Threads - Stop EFI partition

2. External USB drive letter assignment problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External USB drive letter assignment problem: Hi All,I'm faced with a little conundrum concerning what I feel the 'willy-nilly' assignment of a drive letter to external SSD backup disks.Looking for your insights and hopefully solutions.When I attach disk-1 to my brand new Dell laptop running Windows 10 updates up to date...
  3. Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.: Basically, I've tried cloning my windows to a bigger drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant following jayz2cents' video but I think I messed it up because my EFI partitions showed up in File Explorer. I've tried a couple of solutions online like command prompt to remove...
  4. Assigning Drive Letter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning Drive Letter: I am trying to assign a particular letter to one of my hard drives. None of my other drives are assigned that letter, but it is not listed in the choices. Is there something I can do?...
  5. stop win assigning usb drive letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop win assigning usb drive letter: How do I stop windows from assigning drive letters to unused USB ports? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-win-assigning-usb-drive-letter/442d12f1-8165-4317-88ec-301d7d12c2fb
  6. this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned: Windows 7 pro upgrade to Windows 10 pro failed I think this is from reserved partition has a letter assigned... I THINK RESERVED PARTITIONS DO NOT HAVE LETTER, I AM CORRECT? remove letter in reserved partition in diskpart assign letter of F: as c:/ in diskpart and try...
  7. Assign a drive letter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Assign a drive letter: When I plug an external hard drive to my PC (Windows 10) via the USB, the computer does not recognize it in Windows Explorer. I have to go into Disk Management to assign the drive a letter before I can see it in Windows Explorer. Is there an option in Windows 10 to...
  8. Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives

Permanently assign drive letters for USB drives: Hi, I run a backup script to different USB drives at different times. The backup script always needs to see the same drive letter for the USB drive (whichever USB drive is being used). I know you can run compmgmt.msc, select Disk Management and then click 'Change...
  9. Drive letter for EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Drive letter for EFI system partition?: In Macrium Reflect (free), a Dell Optiplex 3046 running 6.3.1835 on Win 10 64 Pro, returns a Cluster run error Cluster run short error 21 when performing a backup that includes the EFI system partition. Macrium's suggested solution is to assign a drive letter to that...
  10. USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent

USB Drive Letter Assignment not persistent: I have a removable USB HDD that I use for second-level backups. I plug it in to my system only for this purpose. Almost every time I plug it in, I have to use Administrative Tools to re-assign a drive letter. Is there anything else I should be doing so that Windows keeps that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive

2. flash drive efi assign drive letter