Windows 10: Stop iTunes from starting at system login

Discus and support Stop iTunes from starting at system login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says: I am trying to prevent iTunes from starting automatically when I login to my Windows 10 machine. I have checked startup folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sparker781, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Stop iTunes from starting at system login

Like the title says: I am trying to prevent iTunes from starting automatically when I login to my Windows 10 machine. I have checked startup folder and there is nothing in there. I am not sure where in the iTunes app preferences to control the app behavior.

Any assistance is great

Thanks

:)

sparker781, Oct 1, 2015

2. How to stop Nokia Suite from starting at computer startup?

Thanks for the answer, but I've tried that quite a few times and even have a picture of it in this thread.

lipsu_usqil, Oct 1, 2015
  3. farby Win User
    How to stop Nokia Suite from starting at computer startup?

Sorry..but running out of ideas.. Only thing that I may suggest is try the latest Beta version (3.3.49) from
    here ... It has atleast one good feature added as mentioned in

this
    thread... and who knows your problem MAY get solved too....

If you decide to download..you need to login at the Beta Labs site with the same credentials that you use on this Forum.

farby, Oct 1, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Stop iTunes from starting at system login

I am not using iTunes myself, but you should be able to use the tool "msconfig" to do that: It allows you to select the programs, which should start on start up and to deactivate those, which should not.

Joergi, Oct 1, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    You can try: download Autoruns for Windows then run. Look under "logon", "Services", "Scheduled Tasks" tabs to see if "Itunes" is set to run in one of those places.

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2015
  6. shimshom Win User
    Open Task Manager and in the Start up tab disable the iTunes entry

shimshom, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Stop iTunes from starting at system login

1. Stop iTunes from starting at system login - Similar Threads - Stop iTunes starting

2. Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10: I can't login to iTunes 12.12 with Windows 10. I have checked to see if I have any malware and reset my password. Nothing works. I asked Apple support and they couldn't help....
  3. Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10: I can't login to iTunes 12.12 with Windows 10. I have checked to see if I have any malware and reset my password. Nothing works. I asked Apple support and they couldn't help....
  4. Can't login to iTunes with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Several of my applications stopped working from the Start - system menu.: When I try to run the magnifier I get the following error; magnify.exe A referral was returned from the server When I try to do the solution I found on your community boards, I get the same error for clicking on Device driver etc. I can not longer manage my own computer...
  6. iTunes Start Error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    iTunes Start Error: I installed iTunes on my laptop and desktop from the Microsoft Store. When I open iTunes on my laptop, I get the following error from Event Viewer: Faulting application name: iTunes.exe, version: 12.10.9.3, time stamp: 0x5f5980d2 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version:...
  7. iTunes-iCloud start login problems

iTunes-iCloud start login problems: iTunes will not launch any longer. This maybe associated with Windows 10 2014 upgrade. Also, I cannot log into the iCloud app. Not sure if these issues are associated....
  8. Windows 10 and Itunes login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Itunes login: When I attempt to Sign Into the Itunes Store or click on Go to the Itunes Stores, receive message "There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server". * Verified Apple ID is functional. Have contacted Apple Support and they are not able to assist because this is a windows...
  9. How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song

How to stop iTunes from auto-playing a song: iTunes is the ONLY application left for me that will play WAV files. Problem is, once this short ( ~ 15 seconds) WAV is finished, it auto-plays some music or lecture that I ripped from a CD. How do I turn this auto-play off? I like my iPhone and iPad, *Smile but I really,...
  10. iTunes Sound System (Microsoft Store iTunes)

iTunes Sound System (Microsoft Store iTunes): I switch between headphones and speakers. This works fine with my current audio configuration with both the Windows Media Player and Amazon Music. With iTunes from the Microsoft store, if one changes the output device playback stops and will not restart unless the player is...