Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

Discus and support Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackisback, Jul 7, 2018.

1. jackisback Win User

I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should.
    I have tried all the various methods that Microsoft suggest to fix this and have found that even though they may work the first time edge is opened after implementing the fix the problem invariably returns.

Any suggestions as to a proper permanent fix?

:)

jackisback, Jul 7, 2018
  2. Sachin Venkatesh Win User

Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Wungraileng Vashi Win User
    when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Syed Md Bilal Win User

Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft Edge

2. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page: I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should. I have...
  3. Windows 10 Reliabiltiy history reports "Microsoft Edge has stopped working"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Reliabiltiy history reports "Microsoft Edge has stopped working": I did clean install of Win 10 64 bit Pro (version 1803 build 17134.137), but still I am facing this issue - "Microsoft Edge has stopped working". Windows is up to date with all necessary drives installed. Everyday, Edge crashes. I don't have any clue how to solve this error....
  4. How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop automatic updates - Microsoft 10: These automatic updates are ridiculous, especially since it automatically restarts my computer when I have work running on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-stop-automatic-updates-microsoft-10/a95f5d0f-77f2-4dab-b26a-09b8daebf512
  5. How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup?: My computer upgraded from 1709 to 1803 this past weekend. When I boot up I get the normal Edge start screen but also a Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android. How can I stop Microsoft Edge for iOS and Android at startup? [img] 112068
  6. stop Microsoft Office from readjusting page when I scroll

in Windows 10 Support
    stop Microsoft Office from readjusting page when I scroll: this is driving me nuts . whenever I accidentally scroll, the window either changes its size or changes its position . I found a fix for excel the modified the registry . I need something that will work with word and PowerPoint . 110670
  7. Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Clicking inside pages stops working right after start: Hello, Today I was using my PC as usually with Microsoft Edge as my browser, I didn't have any problems with it what-so-ever since the Creators update but today it suddenly changed by not letting me click on anything inside the browser itself (only text boxes inside pages and...
  8. Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft please stop making things difficult in Edge!: 1) When I open a new tab (in Edge) theres a very good chance I know what website I want to go to so why don't you make the url box viewable by default when you open a new tab? Why do I need to click the empty space to make the url box open? Whats the advantage of doing this?...
  9. Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft edge launching on start up?: At least I assume it launches on start up since when I try to run ccleaner it says it will have to close edge and is that OK, if I say yes it simply hangs up forever on trying to close it. Does it launch automatically on start up? If so can I prevent this? Its not showing in...
  10. Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Cache Database - please make it stop!: Just installed Windows 10. Microsoft Edge stinks, so I continue using Chrome, using IE11 for a backup. I run CCleaner regularly, usually more than once a day. Disregarding the notion of whether I ought to be running it that often, I write to complain of the message I get...