Windows 10: Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

Discus and support Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jackisback, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should.
    I have tried all the various methods that Microsoft suggest to fix this and have found that even though they may work the first time edge is opened after implementing the fix the problem invariably returns.

Any suggestions as to a proper permanent fix?

:)

jackisback, Jul 7, 2018

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 7, 2018
  3. when on or restart microsoft edge open

Hi,

Just to clarify, you would like to stop Microsoft Edge from automatically opening the link you stated, is that right?

If so, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click the "more"(three dots) option.

3. Click Settings > Open Microsoft edge with/

4. From the drop down list, choose a different option other than "specific page".

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

Edge opening page under previous page

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check.

Follow the steps to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Select the options and click on Clear button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

1. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page - Similar Threads - Stop Microsoft Edge

2. Stop computer from automatically opening edge on the Bing Home Page. MSFT spent three hours...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop computer from automatically opening edge on the Bing Home Page. MSFT spent three hours...: When I open my Laptop, computer automatically opens Edge and the Bing Home Page. MSFT chat Help spent three hours trying to fix this issue but failed. Frustrated as heck....
  3. Stop computer from automatically opening edge on the Bing Home Page. MSFT spent three hours...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop computer from automatically opening edge on the Bing Home Page. MSFT spent three hours...: When I open my Laptop, computer automatically opens Edge and the Bing Home Page. MSFT chat Help spent three hours trying to fix this issue but failed. Frustrated as heck....
  4. Stop computer from automatically opening edge on the Bing Home Page. MSFT spent three hours...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Edge opens home page on new Tab

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens home page on new Tab: Latest version of Edge. New tab opens home page. Used to open blank page. How do I get the blank page back? What I find doing a search is for older versions (apparently) or refers to custom in settings but all that does is open a new page in a Tab. 183159
  6. No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No solution yet. Edge insists on opening last pages that were open.: Every time I switch on my computer in the morning and open up Microsoft Edge, it opens all the tabs that were open when I closed it and shut down the day before. Why does it do this? I don't have any settings configured to tell it to do this. It's very irritating. I have...
  7. Open microsoft edge with a spacific page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open microsoft edge with a spacific page: Open microsoft edge with a spacific page . Microsoft calendar url ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-microsoft-edge-with-a-spacific-page/864fa942-bfa2-41ff-affa-4d556a035e7f
  8. Microsoft Edge Yahoo Virus home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Yahoo Virus home page: Can not remove the Yahoo search engine. Google is set to the home page. but still opens with YAHOO. bit defender found a search engine virus and removed it. its still stuck as default in edge though. can not fix or uninstall edge in the setting either....
  9. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  10. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page: I can't permanently stop Edge from opening the last session when I have set it up to open on a specific page. This only happens the first time it is used after booting the computer. Second and subsequent use of Edge result in it opening on the home page as it should. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop edge from opening last session

2. stop edge from opening previous session

3. stop edge from opening last page

4. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session,
  5. Stop Microsoft Edge from opening last session instead of home page,
  6. edge open windows from last session,
  7. prevent edge opening with last session,
  8. microsoft edge opening last page,
  9. ms edge opens with the last page,
  10. stop last site visited opening edge,
  11. how to stop windows edge from opening new windows,