Windows 10: Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!

Discus and support Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know there are many suggestions in the tutorials but none seem to work so far. I have 2 DeskTop systems and the one I just built keeps asking me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MPSAN, Dec 22, 2016.

1. MPSAN Win User

Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account!

I know there are many suggestions in the tutorials but none seem to work so far. I have 2 DeskTop systems and the one I just built keeps asking me to setup a OneDrive account. Both systems have 64 bit Windows 10 Pro so I have no idea what this new system has that is set wrong. However, the older one went from win 8 to 8.1 to the several versions of 10 pro, and this new one has win 10 pro right from the start. I do not have an MS account and do not want one.

:)

MPSAN, Dec 22, 2016

2. How do I stop solications to setup OneDrive?

Hello, every day a window pops up in Windows 10 asking me to set up OneDrive. I already have a OneDrive setup. How can I stop these things from popping up? Is there some particular thing that is causing them? thanks much.

Anciana Malhumorada, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Is there any way to keep OneDrive from starting or loading?

When I try to upload an image file, I first get a onedrive popup asking me to setup onedrive before I can save to it. I do NOT want to save my information to onedrive, so I have to close it down and exit out of the popup. So, is it possible to either uninstall,
    or at least stop onedrive from loading?

DaleStanchfield, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 22, 2016
  5. MPSAN Win User
    Brink...I tried several attempts in gpedit.msc and they never worked until now. I enabled the don't use for file storage and this 3rd time it worked. I may have not noticed that I did this for the item that said windows 8.1 only. But that item did not show that it was for 8.1 only unless you clicked it as the description is not fully on the screen. I wonder if that is why so many posts have said that gpedit did not work for them.

Thank you again!

MPSAN, Dec 22, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Yeah, those split policies for 8.1 only can confuse the matter.

Brink, Dec 22, 2016
  7. MPSAN Win User
    Should that be added to the Tutorial to tell people to watch out for that and make sure you are enabling the correct line for Windows 10?

MPSAN, Dec 22, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Tutorial updated to help. *Smile

Brink, Dec 22, 2016
  9. MPSAN Win User
    GREAT! I think I helped. My gpedit never did expand to show I was enabling the Win 8.1 one only. *Smile

MPSAN, Dec 22, 2016
  10. Windows 10 home edition does not have Group Policy. Is there another way to disable Onedrive? I thought I somehow disabled it over a year ago, but recently it has been prompting me to set up an account whenever I try to save something.

hallsballs0, Jan 16, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello hallsballs0, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You could use OPTION TWO in the tutorial posted above to do this with a REG file instead.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop OneDrive from asking me to setup account! - Similar Threads - Stop OneDrive asking

2. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?: I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly every month or so win10 has been asking me to finish setting up my PC by creating a One Drive backup when I already have 2...
  3. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?: I custom built my PC in 2016 when win7 was supported and when I upgraded to win10 around 2019 when I heard win7 support was ending.Since then roughly every month or so win10 has been asking me to finish setting up my PC by creating a One Drive backup when I already have 2...
  4. How do I get Windows 10 to stop asking me to setup my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. stop asking me to upgrade to windows 11

stop asking me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop windows asking me to upgrade to windows 11 my accounting software wont work with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-asking-me-to-upgrade-to-windows-11/b0fe79e9-ffc9-4a76-b712-e40b2ee60524
  6. Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

in Cortana
    Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In: How do I get Cortana to stop popping up and asking me to sign in on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC? I had to reinstall Windows 10 and this is getting really annoying have this box pop up over and over asking me to sign in. I don't even have a microphone attached to my PC. I've...
  7. stop pc from asking me to change my password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stop pc from asking me to change my password: I have an HP Envy 360 convertible 15m-bp1xx running Windows 10 Home version: 2004 build: 19041.508. I recently sent my pc back to HP for some work and they seemed to sign in by creating their own account. I thought i deleted it although im not sure that has anything to do...
  8. Stop windows asking for me to make a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stop windows asking for me to make a pin: Since a recent update, windows has been making me make a pin every time my PC goes to sleep. I do not want to set a pin up a pin, the few times I need my password, I can use my password. The process from removing the pin is simple enough, as is disabling the windows hello. Is...
  9. OneDrive keeps asking me to login

OneDrive keeps asking me to login: Are there any temporary files, settings, etc. I can set CCleaner to avoid cleaning, because every time I restart my computer, OneDrive keeps asking for my Microsoft account to continue using it. In a similar fashion, the same behavior can be observed if OneDrive is run...
  10. How to stop it asking me to update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop it asking me to update: I don't know what other details to give because I'm not knowledgeable about the update number (I see people saying 1709 or something?) basically after fending it off for weeks it somehow forced itself to update last night and it broke my tablet, which I rely on for my job....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive keeps asking me to sign in

2. onedrive keeps asking to login

3. one drive already installed - still asked to setup

4. onedrive account asks every time i log on,
  5. one drive asks for a outlook account,
  6. microsoft onedrive keeps asking me for password when i tuen on computer,
  7. one drive asks me to set up an account but already have one,
  8. onedrive keeps prompting to setup,
  9. set up one drive keeps asking for email address,
  10. ive already set up one drive but it keeps asking me to set it up again,
  11. windows setup asking or onedrive,