Windows 10: Stop other progs taking focus

Discus and support Stop other progs taking focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am plagued by software running in the background such as backup that pops up a window over what I am working on. If I am busy typing and fail to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brianwall, Mar 6, 2016.

1. brianwall Win User

Stop other progs taking focus

I am plagued by software running in the background such as backup that pops up a window over what I am working on. If I am busy typing and fail to notice my typing is wasted! It is extremely irritating. It isn't a particular Win 10 issue I suppose but that is what I am using.

Is there a Windows setting I can configure or is this purely in the hands of the rogue software?

:)

brianwall, Mar 6, 2016

2. N97 mini - how to focus before taking picture ?

It's like a digital camera, you press the shutter button to the first "stop", hold the button at that stop to let it focus, then press it to the second stop to take the picture.

sockatume---01, Mar 6, 2016
  3. MooYork Win User
    C5 LED flash as torch?

I actually a spent little while taking my first crack at some native symbian. Made my little demo progs compiling and everything. But somewhere along the lines I realized what I was doing was for touchscreen devices and not this, got confused, and stopped...

I remember how it was built into the 3200, great feature. Don't understand why they stopped. So useful.

MooYork, Mar 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

You need to add an 'Always on top' option.

There are various freeware programs for this e.g.
    Moo0 Window Menu Plus

Stop other progs taking focus [​IMG]

Rt click top left corner of window and you get this popup menu. Can you see the 'Keep on Top' option?

More options by searching for (copy these literally including ")
    "Keep on top" freeware
    "Always on top" freeware
    - but take care to choose one compatible with Win 10.

dalchina, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Stop other progs taking focus - Similar Threads - Stop progs taking

2. Explorer regularly takes focus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer regularly takes focus: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with no contents. I upgraded to Windows 11 and now it has been happening less but it still...
  3. Explorer regularly takes focus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer regularly takes focus: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with no contents. I upgraded to Windows 11 and now it has been happening less but it still...
  4. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer takes focus regularly: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with mo contents when in windows 11 It has been happening less but it still happens and...
  5. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer takes focus regularly: I have recently built a new PC and I ran Ubuntu just fine but when I use Windows in Windows 10 the explorer opened a second window that took focus and closed after half a second or less with mo contents when in windows 11 It has been happening less but it still happens and...
  6. Explorer takes focus regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. delete progs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delete progs.: Hello, I have a Dell running windows 10. When I open This PC in explorer there is a folder D:\ and also shown on the page L.H. column is a drive called DataD: as well as OSc:. The DataD: drive has the same files as the D:\. How do I delete the D:/ folder. Thanks...
  8. window taking focus??

in Windows 10 Customization
    window taking focus??: How do I stop the window the cursor is in from riseing to the top. I set it to do this when asked during installation but now it is a pain and I cannot find the setting to change it. Thank you in advance...
  9. Stop Focus Assist bragging.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Focus Assist bragging.: After a recent update, Focus Assist alerts me every time I enter a full screen game that it is hiding notifications while I am in a full screen game, with that being the only notification. Yeah I get it, you are there. Now please just do it quietly!...
  10. prog files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    prog files: what is c:\\tostack prog. file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prog-files/e9b53654-81e2-4d48-a486-efbb02e80335