Windows 10: Stop other progs taking focus

Discus and support Stop other progs taking focus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am plagued by software running in the background such as backup that pops up a window over what I am working on. If I am busy typing and fail to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brianwall, Mar 6, 2016.

1. brianwall Win User

Stop other progs taking focus

I am plagued by software running in the background such as backup that pops up a window over what I am working on. If I am busy typing and fail to notice my typing is wasted! It is extremely irritating. It isn't a particular Win 10 issue I suppose but that is what I am using.

Is there a Windows setting I can configure or is this purely in the hands of the rogue software?

:)

brianwall, Mar 6, 2016

2. N97 mini - how to focus before taking picture ?

It's like a digital camera, you press the shutter button to the first "stop", hold the button at that stop to let it focus, then press it to the second stop to take the picture.

sockatume---01, Mar 6, 2016
  3. MooYork Win User
    C5 LED flash as torch?

I actually a spent little while taking my first crack at some native symbian. Made my little demo progs compiling and everything. But somewhere along the lines I realized what I was doing was for touchscreen devices and not this, got confused, and stopped...

I remember how it was built into the 3200, great feature. Don't understand why they stopped. So useful.

MooYork, Mar 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

You need to add an 'Always on top' option.

There are various freeware programs for this e.g.
    Moo0 Window Menu Plus

Stop other progs taking focus [​IMG]

Rt click top left corner of window and you get this popup menu. Can you see the 'Keep on Top' option?

More options by searching for (copy these literally including ")
    "Keep on top" freeware
    "Always on top" freeware
    - but take care to choose one compatible with Win 10.

dalchina, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Stop other progs taking focus - Similar Threads - Stop progs taking

2. WILL NOT FOCUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL NOT FOCUS: HOW DO YOU FOCUS PICTURES NOT CLEAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-focus/095e7820-8bd6-4647-9ff6-3640bda989a3
  3. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Focus Assist: Is Focus Assist a Windows thing? It just started popping up. I've never seen it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/focus-assist/5393202c-2261-48cf-8c13-b80aeaf8092c
  4. FOCUS ASSIST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FOCUS ASSIST: How do I PERMANENTLY remove and disable this crippleware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/focus-assist/757c9cc1-25f0-47c7-a715-241998b45a8c
  5. Focus Switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Switch: When the cursor hovers over an open window focus is automatically shifted to that window, What I want is when the cursor hovers over an open window it must be clicked on to gain focus. How do I do this??...
  6. EMAILS NOT REACHING MY "FOCUSED" or " OTHER" in boxes ??

EMAILS NOT REACHING MY "FOCUSED" or " OTHER" in boxes ??: I accidentally moved an email in "Other" to Inbox * " ( read Inbox star ) -- instead of "Always send to Focused" . I can not find it now in "Focused" and subsequent emails from the same important sender do not come through to either of my "Focused" or " Other" ??....
  7. prog files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    prog files: what is c:\\tostack prog. file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prog-files/e9b53654-81e2-4d48-a486-efbb02e80335
  8. Cmd window font tiny when running .bat and other command line progs

Cmd window font tiny when running .bat and other command line progs: The default command window font on my W10 Pro is so small as to be unreadable. I changed the cmd.exe font and size properties but that only solves the problem when cmd.exe is run directly. Batch (.bat) files and other programs that open a command window still show in the...
  9. Loose microUSB connection causes Explorer window to keep taking focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Loose microUSB connection causes Explorer window to keep taking focus: My mobile phone has a bad microUSB connection, possibly caused by an accumulation of dirt I can't remove or the fatigue and misshaping of metal or plastics. The result is that when I plug my phone into my PC and set it on my desk, the next five minutes whilst the cable...
  10. Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Window Manager randomly taking focus: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 a few weeks ago. No problems for the first couple of weeks but now I have a really annoying glitch where programs that I am using randomly lose focus for a moment, sometimes to the extent of flashing rapidly. All programs are affected but...