Windows 10: Stop specific driver update Windows 10

Discus and support Stop specific driver update Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I'm having an issue with the driver for my fingerprint reader. Windows 10 keeps installing the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mpalomba3, Aug 2, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Stop specific driver update Windows 10

Hi, I just updated my laptop to Windows 10 and I'm having an issue with the driver for my fingerprint reader. Windows 10 keeps installing the latest driver software for it rather then the version that I manually installed. The problem with the newest driver is that it disables finger print sign in and windows hello. I had the same issue in Windows 8 but I was able to just go into Windows Update and disable the update, with Windows 10 I can't do that.

Does anyone know how I can disable driver updates for just my integrated finger print reader?

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 2, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

driver updates

Hi Charles, by default Windows 10 Automatic updates will keep your drivers up to date . . .

Do you want to update a specific driver or stop Windows from updating a specific driver?

DaveM121, Aug 2, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Update

You can stop Windows 10 from updating a specific device driver, which means updates will continue, but Windows Update will not attempt to update the driver for your WPCTVPRO

For a step by step on stopping Windows Update from updating that device driver, click this link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent...

DaveM121, Aug 2, 2015
  4. PRMan Win User

PRMan, Aug 2, 2015
  5. mpalomba3 Win User
    mpalomba3, Aug 6, 2015
  6. I to have just built a new Pc bought a new license and mine wont sleep when scheduled to do so, but I don't want to format my hard drive again and I don't think I have the expertise to sort out what looks like a difficult problem

rogervansteeden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop specific driver update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Stop specific driver

2. How can I stop Windows Update from updating a specific driver but keep updating the rest?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop Windows Update from updating a specific driver but keep updating the rest?: Windows update keeps updating my integrated graphics with a driver than causes issues with some games. For these games to work correctly I have to install a newer version of the software that controls the graphics amd and windows update keeps updating to the obsolete version...
  3. How can I stop Windows Update from updating a specific driver but keep updating the rest?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows Update from updating a specific driver but keep updating the rest?: Windows update keeps updating my integrated graphics with a driver than causes issues with some games. For these games to work correctly I have to install a newer version of the software that controls the graphics amd and windows update keeps updating to the obsolete version...
  4. How can I stop Windows Update from updating a specific driver but keep updating the rest?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Manually updating specific driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually updating specific driver: I want to install my iGPU's updates through AMD's Adrenalin app however I still find it convenient to install updates of all other drivers through Windows update, is there a way I can achieve this? If the only option is to disable all driver updates entirely, what is an easy...
  6. Manually updating specific driver

Manually updating specific driver: I want to install my iGPU's updates through AMD's Adrenalin app however I still find it convenient to install updates of all other drivers through Windows update, is there a way I can achieve this? If the only option is to disable all driver updates entirely, what is an easy...
  7. Windows 10 stopped pairing with specific headphones

Windows 10 stopped pairing with specific headphones: I have a Dream Machiines laptop on windows 10, it initially had some troubles with bluetooth headphones fell off, and then the problem disappeared somewhere. Now, after an unsuccessful launch of ubuntu perhaps this is important, I heard somewhere that one OS can take...
  8. Windows 10 not specific the wifi driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not specific the wifi driver: Hi, I trust install Windows 10 1507 on Lenovo computer. Then I install the wifi drivers but it trust not specific the drivers. This is a capture of the Wifi adapter. It trust specific to the Bluetooth drivers.* I installed the Realtek 8822CE Wireless Lan...
  9. Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Windows 10 updating graphics drivers !: It is nightmare ! I have two NVIDIA graphics cards and work with 4 displays/monitors: 1. GeForce GTX 1060 2. GeForce 605 Unfortunately older GF 605 is not supported at letest Nvidia drivers, while 1060 is. So I just keep a bit older drivers, so both cards supported and...
  10. Stop Driver Updates in Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop Driver Updates in Windows 10 Pro?: I am looking for a way to block auto driver update, as a buggy driver could cause boot up problem. Is this possible? 14486

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 updating specific driver