Windows 10: Stop thumbnails being deleted on every boot

Discus and support Stop thumbnails being deleted on every boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I did a clean install of the April update & have noticed that thumbnails are being deleted on every boot. Previous major updates have done this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Banzi, May 10, 2018.

1. Banzi Win User

Stop thumbnails being deleted on every boot

Hi,

I did a clean install of the April update & have noticed that thumbnails are being deleted on every boot. Previous major updates have done this but it was fixed with a update. It's very annoying to open a folder that has a lot of image or video files in it & it having to rebuild the thumbnails all the time.

Is there any quick fix to stop this behaviour?

Cheers.

:)

Banzi, May 10, 2018
Thema:

Stop thumbnails being deleted on every boot

1. Stop thumbnails being deleted on every boot - Similar Threads - Stop thumbnails being

2. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  3. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  4. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

Thumbnails Stopped Appearing: I got annoyed with the Taskbar hover preview thing, so looked online to see how to stop it. The thing I tried was opening regedit and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and making a DWORD entry ExtendedUIHoverTime &...
  6. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails Stopped Appearing: I got annoyed with the Taskbar hover preview thing, so looked online to see how to stop it. The thing I tried was opening regedit and going to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced and making a DWORD entry ExtendedUIHoverTime &...
  7. Thumbnails Stopped Appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Please stop deleting people's thumbnail cache already

Please stop deleting people's thumbnail cache already: I'm writing about an ongoing thumbnail cache problem that keeps clearing itself every some period of time. This problem has been going on for years since Windows 8, and there is no permanent solution at all. I know how Microsoft recommends deleting thumbnail cache to help...
  9. Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: "Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 - How to Stop Windows Auto Deleting the Thumbnail Cache" Updated June 2018 "Revised" I will first explain in a nut shell what I have did in this order to stop the thumbnail cache from being deleted. But, it might be possible to just take...
  10. Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache: Stop Windows 10 Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache As most everyone knows, Windows 10 version, Microsoft is automatically deleting your thumbnail cache when it reaches about 500MB to 700Mb in size. This has made many thousands of people including myself IRATE loading all my...