Windows 10: Stop, turn off, or disable the Touch Keyboard. Using Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet. Help

Discus and support Stop, turn off, or disable the Touch Keyboard. Using Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet. Help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; See the subject line. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jparkes1943, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Stop, turn off, or disable the Touch Keyboard. Using Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet. Help

See the subject line. Thanks

:)

Jparkes1943, Aug 9, 2018

2. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Surface Pro Touch Keyboard default under Windows 10

Hi Rose,

Sorry for replying to you late.

I would suggest you to Disable Tablet Mode.

Try the following steps:

• Click on Search icon on task bar, type Tablet Mode Settings and select it from the options
    • Turn off the settings that says "Make Windows more touch friendly"

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Stop, turn off, or disable the Touch Keyboard. Using Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet. Help

how do I disable on screen keyboard in windows 10 ?

This does NOT work as there is no option to disable the virtual keyboard in Ease of Access

Windows 10 Pro

Build no: 10586.1007

Ver: 1511

This **** VIRTUAL KEYBOARD is a major pain in the ass!

Is there a registry edit that can kill it, PERMANENTLY

Thank You (I hope)

DavidSheedy, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Stop, turn off, or disable the Touch Keyboard. Using Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet. Help

1. Stop, turn off, or disable the Touch Keyboard. Using Windows 10 on a laptop/tablet. Help - Similar Threads - Stop turn off

2. Is it possible to turn off laptop keyboard in Windows 11 - Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to turn off laptop keyboard in Windows 11 - Tablet Mode: I have my Windows 11 Dell 2 in 1 laptop in tablet mode screen folded back to draw or watch a movie. If my digits land upon the keyboard the computer responds to whatever key I inadvertently touched. This has serious negative implications for my desired activity. Is it...
  3. Is it possible to turn off laptop keyboard in Windows 11 - Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to turn off laptop keyboard in Windows 11 - Tablet Mode: I have my Windows 11 Dell 2 in 1 laptop in tablet mode screen folded back to draw or watch a movie. If my digits land upon the keyboard the computer responds to whatever key I inadvertently touched. This has serious negative implications for my desired activity. Is it...
  4. Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet: Hello!I have the HP Envy x360 Convertible and Windows 11. I only got this about a year ago.My computer keeps disabling the physical keyboard when the computer is tilted even slightly. Based on the way the taskbar changes, it seems to be changing from laptop to tablet....
  5. Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help stop computer automatically disabling physical keyboard/changing laptop to tablet: Hello!I have the HP Envy x360 Convertible and Windows 11. I only got this about a year ago.My computer keeps disabling the physical keyboard when the computer is tilted even slightly. Based on the way the taskbar changes, it seems to be changing from laptop to tablet....
  6. Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Autocorrect for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Autocorrect Misspelled Words for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware...
  7. Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Text Suggestions for Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external hardware keyboard...
  8. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Type Sounds in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC....
  9. Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Automatically Show Touch Keyboard when No Keyboard Attached in Windows 10 You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external...
  10. Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Touch Keyboard Taskbar Avoidance in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for...