Windows 10: stop unseen scripts

Discus and support stop unseen scripts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Often script errors are reported and options to stop them are displayed, but I believe there exists a class of script which runs on web servers and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muymalestado, Dec 6, 2017.

1. stop unseen scripts

Often script errors are reported and options to stop them are displayed, but I believe there exists a class of script which runs on web servers and they watch websites looking at behaviour of users - including keystroke capture. Can Firefox sense these unseen scripts and stop them, block them or confuse them (with jumbled data)?

I understand they may have a beneficial utility as 'session replay' to assist developers to design better websites. But they also must be able to silently deliver user data to unknown third partys.

Can FF see this activity and stop it?

Thank you.

:)

muymalestado, Dec 6, 2017

2. How can I stop the pop up script running

The pop up is " A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue." When I am on Firefox browser on my hotmail account
    in Outlook.com. I reset my Firefox and I still get the pop up telling me a script is busy. Nothing will work until I tell it to stop script and I still have to wait.

Alice Dancer, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Unseen installation

I had a similar problem with AVG after Windows 10 installation.

The following worked for me. In the task manager I ended the following two running tasks:

Windows Installer

Windows Installer (32-bit)

After this AVG updated successfully. Hope this helps.

Pandiyan V, Dec 6, 2017
Thema:

stop unseen scripts

1. stop unseen scripts - Similar Threads - stop unseen scripts

2. Security Update Making WiFi adapter unseen to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Update Making WiFi adapter unseen to PC: I have an HP Pavilion, Intel Core I7, Iris, using Windows 11 ver 21H2. When I install the latest security update, my WiFi adapter disappears from my device listing, and I am told that internet connections are not available. I have installed and removed the update twice to...
  3. Security Update Making WiFi adapter unseen to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Update Making WiFi adapter unseen to PC: I have an HP Pavilion, Intel Core I7, Iris, using Windows 11 ver 21H2. When I install the latest security update, my WiFi adapter disappears from my device listing, and I am told that internet connections are not available. I have installed and removed the update twice to...
  4. Script to forcefully Stop Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Script to forcefully Stop Windows Update: Hello All,Since years I always do format due to humongous updates that I receive from Microsoft and which leads to lower my C: drive space.I would like to write command or PowerShell script which can trigger services and stop Windows Update Forcefully when ever I on or...
  5. Tabs are unseen yet can not be Ended.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tabs are unseen yet can not be Ended.: For some odd reason, when I open a tab like Edge or Spotify, it duplicates itself and can be only be seen thro Task Manager, and some of the duplicates can not be ended, slowing my computer down a lot. I have done a virus scan thro settings and there are no virus on my...
  6. showing unseen device when it is seen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    showing unseen device when it is seen: so recently i have gotten a windows 10 computer, and I've had a Xbox for over a year now. i have a lot of games and purchases on my Xbox and i wanted to find out how to put my games from my computer to Xbox. but the thing is that i have 2 different Microsoft accounts, and the...
  7. Stop running this script?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop running this script?: i recieved a popup saying: Stop running this script? A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly. If it countinues to run, your computer might become unresponsive. Yes No i had no browsers...
  8. How do i stop script errors

How do i stop script errors: how do I stop script errors on windows 10 on my comp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-script-errors/f6861504-aa8d-4420-84f7-4708a16b95dd
  9. Stop running this script?

Stop running this script?: I keep getting a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark with the above heading. it also says "a script on this page is causing your browser to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer might become unresponsive." As many as a dozen of these come up...
  10. Script to stop Windows 10 Home services

Script to stop Windows 10 Home services: Hello, Please be sure to give me a script to automatically shut down Windows 10 Home services. Thank you! Wait for response! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/script-to-stop-windows-10-home-services/077e07f6-2057-4c59-9333-1e7e7b375b45