Windows 10: Stop updating to the amd beta

Discus and support Stop updating to the amd beta in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Every time I run the Windows updater, it "updates" my AMD driver to the 15.20 beta. This driver does NOT work. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ethyrdude, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Ethyrdude Win User

Stop updating to the amd beta

Every time I run the Windows updater, it "updates" my AMD driver to the 15.20 beta. This driver does NOT work. I have amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-with-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit downloaded and so after running the update to grab the latest security or whatever other updates are offered, I then reinstall 14.12 to blow away that mess that gets installed on my computer. I have tried everything to stop the updater from installing 15.20 including disabling it in the admin templates but no joy.

It would be fine if 15.20 worked, but it doesn't, dxdiag crashes when I run it and then says no big deal we'll just bypass 3d. Wonderful, but that doesn't fix the problem that I then have with my games not running. Is there anyway, short of driving to wherever the server is where that update is installed and ripping it out or am I just going to have to impatiently wait for a new driver to fix this mess? Or is there perhaps a fix for 15.20 that I don't know about?

:)

Ethyrdude, Feb 23, 2015

2. AMD Switchable Graphics in Windows 10: no HDMI + black screen in games

15.11 beta fixes the bug!!!

Just installed it and ALL my games are working now! On High Performance Card!

1. Used DDU to clean AMD drivers and Intel drivers.

2. Then used windows update to load latest Intel, AMD and AMD HDMI Audio drivers.

3. Manually Updated to 15.11 beta downloaded from AMD

4. All games working perfectly!

DavidMoodley, Feb 23, 2015
  3. SeniorTom Win User
    Windows 10 restarting at random times

Hello Leizl,

AMD offered a driver update on 3/10 and I have not had a reboot since.

AMD Radeon Software
    Crimson Edition Beta

I am still running on the Beta version.

SeniorTom, Feb 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 23, 2015
  5. Ethyrdude Win User
    Thank you so much!! I know MS wants to get proper drivers for ten but as far as I am concerned, AMD, Intel and nVidia should be doing this for Windows 10, not making users suffer through their experiments. AMD still supports cards all the way to hd 5xxx so they should at least make sure these cards work with the drivers. Yes, I want to upgrade stuff but it's just not in my budget ATM. SO again Thank you and we'll just let that update sit there until a new driver comes along.

Ethyrdude, Feb 23, 2015
  6. CountMike New Member
    That 15.20 beta is not bad at all, only problem is it "kills" CCC. I installed it for testing purposes and it did get some improvement (little but it's there at least in benchmarks). I needed CCC because of some peculiar monitor setup so I reinstalled 14.12 Omega over it while unchecking option to install driver itself and CCC works as it should. GPU works just fine but still no DirectX 12.

CountMike, Feb 23, 2015
  7. Ethyrdude Win User
    Your right, nothing at all wrong with it, I can still see my desktop and my icons and all my apps and I can play solitaire with the beta but, if I run any of my real games then I just get a pop up stating that such and such has stopped running and windows is looking for a solution. Well, I have one.

Ethyrdude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Stop updating to the amd beta - Similar Threads - Stop updating amd

2. [Win11] How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Win11] How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?: Hello!I've this issue, I've a Win11 laptop with AMD Radeon Graphics.I've installed latest driver and AMD Adrenalin Edition program from AMD website, but Windows Update keep disabling both.I've tried to re-install all, but after a while Windows Update again disable...
  3. [Win11] How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Win11] How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?: Hello!I've this issue, I've a Win11 laptop with AMD Radeon Graphics.I've installed latest driver and AMD Adrenalin Edition program from AMD website, but Windows Update keep disabling both.I've tried to re-install all, but after a while Windows Update again disable...
  4. How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?: Hello!I've this issue, I've a Win11 laptop with AMD Radeon Graphics.I've installed latest driver and AMD Adrenalin Edition program from AMD website, but Windows Update keep disabling both.I've tried to re-install all, but after a while Windows Update again disable...
  5. How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?

How to stop Windows Update replacing AMD Driver and disabling AMD Adrenaline?: Hello!I've this issue, I've a Win11 laptop with AMD Radeon Graphics.I've installed latest driver and AMD Adrenalin Edition program from AMD website, but Windows Update keep disabling both.I've tried to re-install all, but after a while Windows Update again disable...
  6. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  7. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?: AMD stop windows update AMD driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-stop-windows-install-updates-for-amd-driver/338c2459-390c-431f-bb64-059be39dfe2f
  8. AMD stop windows install updates for AMD driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Stop AMD Display Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop AMD Display Driver: Please provide solution for completely stopping driver download for AMD Radeon. This hardware has gone bad and I can't remove it from mother board. I have a i7 laptop with SSD and it runs very fast except that now it has become useless because of windows auto install of...
  10. stop WU from updating my amd drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    stop WU from updating my amd drivers: Heya All, Brand new member here even though been reading this site a long time. Some awesome news and help here. Also see a lot of great people willing to help and is good to see. I have a question on this build which over all am really liking a lot. I have tried...