Windows 10: Stop User Access Control pop up for known apps

Discus and support Stop User Access Control pop up for known apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The constant pop up for my known apps is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and it seems my only option is to turn this otherwise useful security feature off. I have a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SuperCus, Jul 11, 2018.

1. SuperCus Win User

Stop User Access Control pop up for known apps

The constant pop up for my known apps is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and it seems my only option is to turn this otherwise useful security feature off. I have a VPN and backup software that run often and every time i get the pop up and sound. How can I stop it for those apps and keep running to be safe.

:)

SuperCus, Jul 11, 2018

2. User Access Control Issue

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Verify UAC settings.

1. Press Windows key and type "UAC". Under the search options, click on
    Change User Account Control Settings.

2. Make sure you didn't keep the slider towards Never Notify.

Method 2: Run a System file checker.

If the User Account Control settings are correct but the issue persists, then run a system file checker scan and see if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click onCommand Prompt (Admin).
      Kindly provide the administrative password, if prompt appears.
    • Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit Command Prompt.
    For more information about SFC Scan click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

(Steps for Windows 8.1 are also applicable in Windows 10)

Note: Run the System file checker thrice if systems errors were not corrected in first attempt for SFC.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 11, 2018
  3. User Account Control

Hello Ridho,

To enable the User Account Control (UAC) on Windows 10, please follow these steps:

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Choose between two options to enable UAC:
      • Notify when apps try to make changes to your computer.
      • Always notify when installing or making any changes to your computer.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Yes or enter your password to finalize the change.
    Steps to disable User Account Control (UAC).

• Click the Start button, type UAC.
    • Click Change User Account Control settings.
    • Click Yes or enter your password.
    • Set the settings to Never notify.
    • Click OK to save the settings.
    Regards.

Devlin Sco, Jul 11, 2018
  4. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

1. Stop User Access Control pop up for known apps - Similar Threads - Stop User Access

2. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  3. Pop-up User Account Control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up User Account Control: Working on DELL desktop, initially with Windows 10 & upgraded to Windows 11 aka NIGHTMARE. I want to go back to W10, but "Reset this PC" will not allow me to. When I click on "Reset PC" A window from User Account Control pops up. I enter my password from Microsoft or dell and...
  4. Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User: Hi,I am trying to open Genshin Impact to a Non-Admin user in my computer. I am the Administrator, but I want the application Genshin Impact to be run in another user that I have added in my PC even without me typing the password every time someone opens the application...
  5. Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User: Hi,I am trying to open Genshin Impact to a Non-Admin user in my computer. I am the Administrator, but I want the application Genshin Impact to be run in another user that I have added in my PC even without me typing the password every time someone opens the application...
  6. Removing User Account Control Pop up for a Non-Admin User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. User Account control pop up

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account control pop up: When I click on my google browser icon in toolbar a UAC pop up ask if I want to let app make changes to computer Yes or No Why? I did not have to do this until a few days ago. What is making this happen?...
  8. user control access

user control access: i have a program that every time i go to open it i get a message if i am sure i want to open it. how do i correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-control-access/593b9e44-493f-42a4-8a51-939d77e0197e
  9. Password prompt for User account control pop up

Password prompt for User account control pop up: Is it possible to make windows 10 ask for an admin password to install a program in place of just the yes or no options in the user account control popup?...
  10. User Account Controls - pop up screen removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Controls - pop up screen removal: Running Windows 10 v.1809 Can anyone advise me please – I’ve spent the last three hours trying to solve my problem, looked at umpteen tutorials but still getting nowhere. Basically I am trying to remove the UAC pop up screen that appears EVERY time I try do run ANYTHING on...