Windows 10: Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions

Discus and support Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As the title suggest i want to know how do i stop someone from uninstalling chrome extensions on a personal computer. Long story If someone wants to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Aakshat, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Aakshat Win User

Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions

As the title suggest i want to know how do i stop someone from uninstalling chrome extensions on a personal computer.

Long story
    If someone wants to use my pc to browse internet, he also gains access to websites where i am already logged in like gmail facebook etc. At first i wanted to password protect a web url. by protecting the web url with password he wont be able to visit the site. And i have found a extension that does exactly what i wanted. Here

But as google haven't done anything to protect chrome's settings a user can easily disable the extension or change chromes settings.so i want a way to lock the extension so no one can uninstall it without a password or some other hard way.
    i also know that i can get around by making a guest profile. But it's not possible in my case so please suggest me another option.

I have read somewhere that it can be done via enterprise policy's, but i dont know how can i apply it on my computer.

:)

Aakshat, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

Source: Chromium Blog: Improving extension transparency for users

Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions [​IMG]
    Tip Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

Brink, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions

TairikuOkami, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions

1. Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions - Similar Threads - Stop user uninstalling

2. Chrome Extension Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome Extension Related: I saw a extension in my chrome extension called web safety extension and I do not recall when it is added and also google says it is a malware, So i delete it will it cause my laptop please answer. Nor it is safe to remove that extension....
  3. Chrome Extension Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  4. Chrome Extension Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chrome Extension Virus: Hello, there is an extension called "Apps" on my computer that I can not remove. It says that it isn't from the Chrome Web Store and I feel like I've done everything to try and remove it but yet it is still there. It usually closes Chrome and reopens randomly. It has also...
  5. Google Chrome Extensions

Google Chrome Extensions: I'm using Google Chrome for my browser. I keep receiving a notice to "protect your browser" by installing an extension. Does Google control the extensions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/google-chrome-extensions/85f3af18-4ea5-4fc1-9148-ef8fbe344fdb
  6. chrome extensions

in Browsers and Email
    chrome extensions: Anybody know why Google has pulled the Ghostery extension from it's web store? Even the actual website, when trying to install it you get error 404. Same thing from when trying to get it from MajorGeeks site. 141805
  7. Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users: We strive to ensure choice and transparency for all Chrome users as they browse the web. Part of this choice is the ability to use the hundreds of thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to customize the browsing experience in useful and...
  8. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7,...
  9. Suspect Chrome Extensions

Suspect Chrome Extensions: Malicious Chrome Extensions... https://documents.trendmicro.com/ass...-droidclub.pdf 103743
  10. Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions: We’re always working to improve Chrome extensions while keeping our users as safe as possible. In May 2014 we announced a new policy to protect Windows users by enforcing that extensions be hosted on the Chrome Web Store. The results were encouraging: we saw a 75% drop in...