Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions

Discus and support Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As the title suggest i want to know how do i stop someone from uninstalling chrome extensions on a personal computer. Long story If someone wants to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Aakshat, Aug 10, 2018 at 6:44 AM.

1. Aakshat Win User

As the title suggest i want to know how do i stop someone from uninstalling chrome extensions on a personal computer.

Long story
    If someone wants to use my pc to browse internet, he also gains access to websites where i am already logged in like gmail facebook etc. At first i wanted to password protect a web url. by protecting the web url with password he wont be able to visit the site. And i have found a extension that does exactly what i wanted. Here

But as google haven't done anything to protect chrome's settings a user can easily disable the extension or change chromes settings.so i want a way to lock the extension so no one can uninstall it without a password or some other hard way.
    i also know that i can get around by making a guest profile. But it's not possible in my case so please suggest me another option.

I have read somewhere that it can be done via enterprise policy's, but i dont know how can i apply it on my computer.

:)

2. Brink Win User

Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

Source: Chromium Blog: Improving extension transparency for users

Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions [​IMG]
    Tip Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

4. TairikuOkami Win User

TairikuOkami, Aug 10, 2018 at 6:49 AM
Thema:

1. Stop user from uninstalling chrome extensions - Similar Threads - Stop user uninstalling

2. Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Chrome refuses to install on Windows 10: My Google Chrome was working fine yesterday, but I haven't been able to get it to load any webpages today. Meanwhile, my internet explorer has been working fine. I am not using a proxy server, so that box was already unchecked. I didn't want to make too many changes on the...
  3. Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21

in Windows 10 News
    Inside Xbox is Live from gamescom on Tuesday, August 21: gIiZhNyA9lI Inside Xbox kicks off one of the world’s largest video game shows with a live broadcast direct from Cologne, Germany on Tuesday, August 21 at 7:30 a.m. PDT/10:30 a.m. EDT on Mixer, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Our gamescom content will include the...
  4. One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One of the users on my laptop cannot connect to Wifi, the others can: One of the user accounts (with administrator privileges) on my Lenovo laptop shows the wifi network that I use (it is a neighbourhood wifi network) as Limited and the network login page will not come up and the internet is not available. However, other accounts on the same...
  5. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted: why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-my-new-computers-screen-jump-from-large/51cd3fb1-f41e-45fa-b057-ba8e0c8c415d
  6. danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC

danger in transfering whole user directory from old PC to new PC: Are there any problems if I copy and paste the entire user directory from an old WIN 10 system to a new Win 10 system - different hardware...
  7. Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop says need administator account to remove detatils from font file.: just bought a new laptop recently, just want to edit one of my old designed fonts, and change the details on the font, ive gone to edit remove info and it says i need to use admin acount (there is only 1 account) , so i am, then it says cant edit , need permission from...
  8. Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary gets lazy-loading feature to speed up page loading: Most of the websites are full of images and scripts which can be a huge bottleneck for performance. Google is aware of the performance issues and the company is working on a new feature called image lazy-loading to speed up the webpages page loading. The latest Canary build...
  9. Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1

Wins 10 reinstall from Wins 8.1: I understand that I can re-install Wins 10 from free upgrade but if I bought a disc of Wins 8.1 how do I install Wins 10 or is it just from web-site and type in my product for Wins 8.1?...
  10. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...