Windows 10: Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD?

Discus and support Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I would like to use my 500 GB HDD to use to allocate virtual storage for my virtual machines rather than my much more limited SSD storage. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Hal0freak, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Hal0freak Win User

Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD?

I would like to use my 500 GB HDD to use to allocate virtual storage for my virtual machines rather than my much more limited SSD storage. This possible?

:)

Hal0freak, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD?

Of course. When creating the Virtual HDD save it to the location you want. In fact setup VMware's default location for Virtual Machines where you want. Its in the options.

logicearth, Jul 31, 2015
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Windows Hyper-V allows the same thing.

PJLLB, Jul 31, 2015
  6. YOU
    You Win User
    Yes. Drag the entire virtual machine folder from the SSD to a desirable location on r HDD, then double click the .vmx file inside of it. It will add it to VMware.

Thema:

Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD?

1. Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD? - Similar Threads - Stop VMWare Workstation

2. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  3. Vmware Workstation and W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vmware Workstation and W10: I am running W10.Can anyone suggest why I am having trouble using VMware on my class 3 Dell 5430 laptop running W10? I was able to install Vmware but when I tried to open it the next day it would not open. I was also unable to connect a USB 3.0 Flash Drive but I could connect...
  4. VMware Workstation and Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware Workstation and Memory integrity: Since I discovered Memory integrity feature in Windows Security I have left it always enabled. But sometimes I should turn it off by rebooting my PC in order to work with virtual machines. I tried to enable hypervisor and VM-related components in Control Panel as it described...
  5. VMware Workstation and Memory integrity

in Windows 10 Customization
    VMware Workstation and Memory integrity: Since I discovered Memory integrity feature in Windows Security I have left it always enabled. But sometimes I should turn it off by rebooting my PC in order to work with virtual machines. I tried to enable hypervisor and VM-related components in Control Panel as it described...
  6. VMware workstation 12 player

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware workstation 12 player: I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that? [img] 23361
  7. Configure VMware Workstation

Configure VMware Workstation: Hi, Based on a scenario, I have queries as following. VMware Workstation 12 Pro is installed in a Windows 10 Desktop. As guest OS, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are installed in VMware Workstation. I have to do a setup for networking...
  8. VMWare Workstation 10.4

VMWare Workstation 10.4: VMWare Workstation 10.4 is on the street. Up and running, and at the moment haven't had any problems running any OS. 2753
  9. vmware workstation 12.5.2

vmware workstation 12.5.2: Hi folks If you are running Linux Hosts this version of VMWARE workstation (and similar release of vmplayer) seems to have fixed problems of "wobbly mouse" etc -- also when scrolling inside the GUEST in windowed mode --I.E Windowed mode WITHIN the guest the scroll is...
  10. VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

VMWare workstation 11 no internet.: Hi, I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager. I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vmware workstation 14.1 ssd einrichten