Windows 10: Stop Web History

Discus and support Stop Web History in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I recently reset my computer and ever since I am polluted with my browser history. I have been to settings and ticked the "Delete History on Closing"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RonBin79, Aug 11, 2018.

1. RonBin79 Win User

Stop Web History

I recently reset my computer and ever since I am polluted with my browser history. I have been to settings and ticked the "Delete History on Closing" box but all to no avail. Will someone please tell me how to stop Google storing and displaying my last search as shown in the attachment?

Cheers,

RonBin

:)

RonBin79, Aug 11, 2018
  2. ALN
    ALN Win User

Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up

Steve. Thanks for the info! Since re-setting the Options in FH seems to have fixed it, I plan to leave well enough alone. But will definitely try your suggestion if it quits working again.

On a more general question: Is there a better Auto Backup application than File History? I don't care about historical versions of any files - only current version in case my hard drive fails. I prefer it to be on my external hard drive (not cloud), and free is always good!

3. silkie63 Win User
    edge clear history

My edge clear history has stopped working. The only way I can clear the history is to right click on web page in the history list then select delete.

Any help with this?

silkie63, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Stop Web History

File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Stop Web History

1. Stop Web History - Similar Threads - Stop Web History

2. File History stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History stops working: Greetings,I haven't been able to find any documentation for File History.File History stops working about once a week. If I go back in and click "Back up now", it will resume, but I don't know for how long.Does File History keeps logs in Event Viewer?If not, is there another...
  3. Web Disk stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Disk stopped working: I had a drive mapped using web disk and right in the middle of browsing folders on it, I got disconnected. I haven't been able to log into it since.I checked my password by using a web browser to go to the domain:port and I get in, so I know it's not the password.I've tried...
  4. Web Disk stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Disk stopped working: I had a drive mapped using web disk and right in the middle of browsing folders on it, I got disconnected. I haven't been able to log into it since.I checked my password by using a web browser to go to the domain:port and I get in, so I know it's not the password.I've tried...
  5. web camera stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    web camera stop working: Please, help me with this matter, thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-camera-stop-working/42f9f8de-96b1-47ed-ba9b-3df2cb4d9707
  6. Family account browsing history and web search

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family account browsing history and web search: Hi On my family account I can not see my sons browsing history and we search. I can see everything for my daughter but not my son. They both seem to have exactly the same set up, boxes ticked etc. I can see my sons app history and what he has been on but no web or search...
  7. Clear web history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear web history: How do I completely clear the web browsing history on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-web-history/eb2401c4-163d-44bb-9cc9-771151d26339
  8. File History stopped.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History stopped.: My computer Windows 10 has stopped file history from working. I turned on file history and its still not working> Any Answers? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-stopped/1613aca1-c747-41f6-ade9-d87258cac210
  9. Stop Web History

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Web History: I recently reset my computer and ever since I am polluted with my browser history. I have been to settings and ticked the "Delete History on Closing" box but all to no avail. Will someone please tell me how to stop Google storing and displaying my last search as shown in the...
  10. File History Stopped Working...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Stopped Working...: I've searched this site and Google for the error I get and have found nothing that seems to pertain to this issue exactly. I have been using the file history backup function since installing W10 Home right before the free offer expired and it has been working fine. I was...