Windows 10: Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv

Discus and support Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro machine off for a few days. I have delayed the Fall update for 365 days as of 12/17 though I will eventually get around to installing it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phaedruspress, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv

Win 10 Pro machine off for a few days. I have delayed the Fall update for 365 days as of 12/17 though I will eventually get around to installing it. I believe I know that the Meltdown/ Spectre update is non negotiable. With win 7 it was easy to disable all updates. While not good security policy I went at times for over a year without installing any cum. roll ups. This morning after booting I noticed constant disk activity and I thought uh-oh here comes the Meltdown/ Spectre update. Sure enough my only option at shutdown was to basically install. (1) What would have happened if I had just deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder assuming I was able to? Could that have caused all sorts of problems at boot up since the system was apparently going to be looking for the update it told me that it had just downloaded and was going to install at shutdown or next boot. (2) Did MS do away the CMD prompt trick "net stop wuauserv" etc. to stop updates.

https://www.itechtics.com/disable-by...wn-windows-10/

I assume if that means was available I would have to do it again if it got enabled and of course if I had deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder next time with an Internet connection it would download all over again. So I just went ahead and let it install:2017-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4053580) successfully installed on 01.12.2018

I shut down afterwards and won't be home until this evening to see if it has noticeably slowed the computer any.This was the Dec cum roll up. Is this the one that accounted for the Meltdown/ Spectre fix assuming that my AV (Bitdefender) installed the necessary reg key? Thanks

:)

phaedruspress, Jan 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 store infinite loading circle, not downloading updates to apps/games

Fixed! This cmd line fixed it for me

net stop wuauserv

cd %systemroot%

ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

net start wuauserv

ilariVanamo, Jan 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Update & Windows 10 Service Registration Error

Everything was fine Until 2018 began and No longer possible update Windows again.

Then I entered the code below into CMD then No longer possible to access the services I posted the photo above.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

Now, when I re-enter the code above into the CMD, it gives me Access denied Error in CMD.

Virtual244, Jan 11, 2018
Thema:

Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv

1. Stop Win 10 Updates From the CMD Line Re: net stop wuauserv - Similar Threads - Stop Updates CMD

2. net stop wuauserv System Error 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    net stop wuauserv System Error 5: Im trying to execute "net stop wuauserv" but it appears: System error 5 has ocurred. Access is denied. Im using Windows Powershell Admin and honestly i don't know what is going on. I hope this could be solved ASAP :...
  3. hoow to stop chkdsk on startup from cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hoow to stop chkdsk on startup from cmd: chkdsk runs automatically on startup and will not stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hoow-to-stop-chkdsk-on-startup-from-cmd/abb49056-f1fa-4557-bdd4-78acf51c76db
  4. Win 10 Update Trouble? wuauserv?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update Trouble? wuauserv?: Heya. So, I go through the windows update trouble loop. Go through the commands. Only wuauserv doesn't start. System error 2, can't find the file specified. ????? *Update- the updater refuses to load, just loads and thinks forever....
  5. Re: stopping windows auto update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re: stopping windows auto update: It took a lot of work to get to this point. and I would like to share it. This is on a Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop, OS Win 10 Home 32bit. This is what I did to keep the Windows auto updates in Win 10 Home 32bit from updating. I can't totally stop Windows from letting me...
  6. Win Update Stop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win Update Stop: I am using Win Update Stop to disable Windows Update. I accidentally uninstalled the software and doesn't enable the update, so I reinstall it, but I can't enable the update until now. What can I do?...
  7. Win 10 updates stopped working

Win 10 updates stopped working: Hi, A couple of months back, my updates stopped working. This is the error I get: Code: Some update files are missing or have problems. We’ll try to download the update again later.Error code: (0x80073712)[/quote] I'm not really sure where to go. I did try clearing out the...
  8. how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing: Hi, Can you tell me how to stop certain windows 10 update from re-installing. I have HP zbook G5 with docking station, after windows doing the update, sometimes when I press power button from docking station, for some reason the notebook doesn't start up, so I have to...
  9. Stop Win-10 from updating

Stop Win-10 from updating: I'm the type of user that likes to keep web pages open and un-saved text on my desktop. These are left open only for a day and then saved or deleted at day's end. I have the Windows update set to Ask Me but it doesn't and goes ahead with a full update and reboot. It use to...
  10. Stop Win-10 from updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Win-10 from updating: I'm the type of user that likes to keep web pages open and un-saved text on my desktop. These are left open only for a day and then saved or deleted at day's end. I have the Windows update set to Ask Me but it doesn't and goes ahead with a full update and reboot. It use to...