Windows 10: Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults

Discus and support Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am sick and tired of having to reset every 15-30 mins the default viewer for PDF files. I DO NOT LIKE Edge for viewing them. I have followed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dave McLaughlin 65, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults

I am sick and tired of having to reset every 15-30 mins the default viewer for PDF files. I DO NOT LIKE Edge for viewing them.

I have followed all the usual stuff on setting defaults and nothing works. Why does Microsoft insist on setting defaults over and above the customers own needs? We license this software from you so we should have control.

I DO NOT use or like Edge. Chrome does more for me and is cross platform syncing so I wish to remove this pile of junk from my machine or stop it completely from changing my defaults every 15 mins. Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults :(

I see that there is a file called AppxManifest.xml that contains the PDF details. I cannot edit this file to remove that association.

:)

Dave McLaughlin 65, Jul 16, 2018
  2. NS_2017 Win User

Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 16, 2018
  4. craigbrei Win User

Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults

Default PDF viewer in Windows 10

Yea. That's what I have been doing. It works for a little while, but then Windows changes it back to the Explorer PDF Viewer.

craigbrei, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults

1. Stop Windows 10 from change the PDF viewer and other defaults - Similar Threads - Stop change PDF

2. Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download: I'm using SumatraPDF to view PDF files.Whenever I open or save a PDF file in Firefox, the Default PDF viewer is changed from SumatraPDF to Edge.If Acrobat Reader is installed and set as the default viewer, the setting doesn't change after each download.This appears to be a...
  3. Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download: I'm using SumatraPDF to view PDF files.Whenever I open or save a PDF file in Firefox, the Default PDF viewer is changed from SumatraPDF to Edge.If Acrobat Reader is installed and set as the default viewer, the setting doesn't change after each download.This appears to be a...
  4. Default PDF Viewer changed to Edge or Acrobat after each PDF download

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MSEdge – how to disable as default PDF viewer

MSEdge – how to disable as default PDF viewer: After some last Windows10 update the MSEdge was set as the default PDF files viewer. When I switch it back to Acrobat, it returns again as before. I tried it more times using the right mouse with checked option, in settings/default apps by file type, nothing helps. No option...
  6. Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App

Prevent Windows from Changing Default PDF App: I'm using Nitro pro as my default pdf reader, editor. Win 10 keeps changing it every time to MS Edge. How can I stop this behaviour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-windows-from-changing-default-pdf-app/12c74e04-52d8-45bc-b8a6-95aeaa200df9
  7. What is the default windows 10 PDF viewer is it Photos?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the default windows 10 PDF viewer is it Photos?: My default pdf viewer changed to microsoft edge cannot remember what it was previously when I go to program defaults I cannot choose photos it is not on the list? submitted by /u/thermalzombie [link] [comments]...
  8. Why "Open With" keep changing my default PDF Viewer?

Why "Open With" keep changing my default PDF Viewer?: This thing is driving me crazy. 1. I have set my default PDF app as "SumatraPDF". 2. Sometimes I need to edit a PDF with "NitroPDF" and I open the PDF with this app without changing the default file. I need this option just for that one situation. 3. But, recently it seems...
  9. Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge

Windows 10 Updates Still Change Default pdf viewer back to Edge: 3 years later and this is still happening every time there is a Windows Update. Why can't I set the default pdf viewer to Acrobat and never be forced to make this change again? It's extremely (and I mean EXTREMELY!) annoying to have to do this every time there's an...
  10. change default PDF viewer in MS Edge for PDFs opened by portals

in Microsoft Office and 365
    change default PDF viewer in MS Edge for PDFs opened by portals: My default PDF viewer in MS Edge IS set to Nuance Power PDF Advanced BUT when a portal opens something that will be viewed as a PDF, it is still view in MS Edge. I'm believe I am up-to-date on all updates of all programs/apps. if there is anything else anyone needs to know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stop edge from replacing adobe for pdf